Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

As a lifelong Jacket fan, I am happy to see a great rivalry growing between the Patriots and Jackets, but in order to turn it into a true rivalry, Springfield needs to beat HC. This may not be the year, but I believe if the Jackets play their best, it may more of a game than the fans in Paris think. That being said, it could very easily go the way many Pats' fans think and be a HC blowout. The Jackets have a tremendous upside, but we have yet to play our best.

I am a first time poster on here, and I love the spirited debate. I agree that the Jacket fans do not travel well, but I am looking forward to my first trip to Henry County. If the game is half as good as the debate on this thread, we all are in for one heck of a contest!!! Save me a seat, Leon!!

HCPatmom, I have enjoyed your posts as well. You too seem very passionate about The Big Red and this is what we need for our team! We are only two days away now, can't wait!!!

Thanks! I do love my Big Red...as an alumni of HCHS myself, as a parent of a current student, although he does not play football....my son is a HCHS baseball guy, and how they are a representative of sports in Henry County and West TN. Two very long days..and then my "other" boys are going to the swamp on Saturday. GO PATS! GO VOLS! Gotta love football....

I didn't say three years...I said three games. I have said that I won't name a coach on here but it's easy to figure out. I wouldn't name anyone for the community but it's EASY TO FIGURE OUT. I didn't say they were bad examples...just whiners and moaners. I doubt they do it with the players. I have stated that your coaches have done a good job since they arrived. They are coaches who unfortunately lead a double life as whiners...and they are good at both. I really doubt a that any coaches on your staff are whining TODAY, since TODAY is Wednesday...the whining comes on Friday...around 10:00 PM.

It seems to me that the only whining is being done by you (a retired coach who obviously never questioned a call over coaches who didn't like a call). It's dead it's over and it has been run into the ground. Im sure Coach Myers and his staff cares less about your opinion but kids read these pages (My Son) and you are down grading their coaches in public which is classless. As for the game HC must be tough and SHS will do their very best to defeat them. Grow up or get over your senility.

It seems to me that the only whining is being done by you (a retired coach who obviously never questioned a call over coaches who didn't like a call). It's dead it's over and it has been run into the ground. Im sure Coach Myers and his staff cares less about your opinion but kids read these pages (My Son) and you are down grading their coaches in public which is classless. As for the game HC must be tough and SHS will do their very best to defeat them. Grow up or get over your senility.

I questioned MANY calls...but not by whining. As far as your players reading these posts, they will read that I believe their coaches have done a good job at Springfield...I have said that they are good coaches. Hopefully they will focus on the positive things I have had to say about their coaches, unlike you. Speaking of no class, that would be reserved for the SPRINGFIELD poster who insisted that I name the whining coaches...only if I did that, would my actions be classless. By the way, I am totally uninterested in what Coach Myers and his staff think about my opinion. I am grown...I can't remember when I last whined, but I am certain that I did as a child.

Been a while since I posted on here. Good to see all the Big Red faithful still going at it. I am not a fan of RW so "get a clue" do not let him get to you. He is a so called "retired coach of 30 years" and he knows all. He is only trying to get you all fired up. I find it so funny that a person not from here has grown to love a place and KNOW everything about a place so quickly. Yes it has been about three years for him now, but when he first came on the scene HE KNEW EVERYTHING about HC football. I am so proud to be a fan of a place that is KNOWN everywhere, because how else would a retired coach learn and know so much. All that being said I do agree with him that this game will not be close. HC 42 SHS 7

Heard there are a few injured players on both teams this week. Springfield Starters Possibly Out from reports: Rodrique possible torn ACL, Dickerson with ankle injury, Bowen with shoulder injury, Sefer with foot injury. All four starters, but are they playing this week.

How are the Henry County players that are injured?

As for Red Warrior, continuing to bring up a topic over and over and over again sounds like whining to me! Were you a fan when the team was losing games, or did you become a fan after the winning began? True blooded fans are with the team reguardless of the situation. I will be there Friday, but alot of people dont want to make the trip like the last time. That dove was good, but there was no Red Warrior. Please wear a shirt so I can meet this esteemed leader for over 30 years. You still have not answered my previous question of how long you have been a Patriot faithful!

Edited by OldJacketFan

I questioned MANY calls...but not by whining. As far as your players reading these posts, they will read that I believe their coaches have done a good job at Springfield...I have said that they are good coaches. Hopefully they will focus on the positive things I have had to say about their coaches, unlike you. Speaking of no class, that would be reserved for the SPRINGFIELD poster who insisted that I name the whining coaches...only if I did that, would my actions be classless. By the way, I am totally uninterested in what Coach Myers and his staff think about my opinion. I am grown...I can't remember when I last whined, but I am certain that I did as a child.

You are doing it now about something that totally doesn't concern you. Get a life.

Heard there are a few injured players on both teams this week. Springfield Starters Possibly Out from reports: Rodrique possible torn ACL, Dickerson with ankle injury, Bowen with shoulder injury, Sefer with foot injury. All four starters, but are they playing this week.

How are the Henry County players that are injured?

As for Red Warrior, continuing to bring up a topic over and over and over again sounds like whining to me! Were you a fan when the team was losing games, or did you become a fan after the winning began? True blooded fans are with the team reguardless of the situation. I will be there Friday, but alot of people dont want to make the trip like the last time. That dove was good, but there was no Red Warrior. Please wear a shirt so I can meet this esteemed leader for over 30 years. You still have not answered my previous question of how long you have been a Patriot faithful!

The Henry County team was winning when I got here but I will follow and support them either way. them either way. I answered your question when you asked it...but for the second time, I retired here about six years ago.

Edited by Red Warrior

Been a while since I posted on here. Good to see all the Big Red faithful still going at it. I am not a fan of RW so "get a clue" do not let him get to you. He is a so called "retired coach of 30 years" and he knows all. He is only trying to get you all fired up. I find it so funny that a person not from here has grown to love a place and KNOW everything about a place so quickly. Yes it has been about three years for him now, but when he first came on the scene HE KNEW EVERYTHING about HC football. I am so proud to be a fan of a place that is KNOWN everywhere, because how else would a retired coach learn and know so much. All that being said I do agree with him that this game will not be close. HC 42 SHS 7

I am such a big fan of yours that I find it crushing that you don't care for me. I guess I have some sleepless nights ahead of me over your feelings toward me. Be careful...agreement with me on ANYTHING could be harmful to your health...but I like your score.

Edited by Red Warrior