GREENEVILLE VS ALCOA

BIGGREENE

It depends on what part of the kicking game you are referring to. We have real problems with making an extra point so field goals are also an adventure. The punting is average. From the return standpoint, we are very, very good and have great speed. We have had a number of long kick returns called back due to penalties. I guess the bottom line is be very scared of our return game, but don't worry about us kicking a last second field goal to win a game.

AlcoaDad

:motorbike:

Well i'm positive you want have a chance to return a kick off back because Ogle kicks it out of the endzone every kick. I just hope our punter doesn't miss hit one and actually kick it to you instead of directionally kicking it away from you or out of bounds. Ogle has proven he can hit from 50 yards so that will play into greenevilles advantage

It depends on what part of the kicking game you are referring to. We have real problems with making an extra point so field goals are also an adventure. The punting is average. From the return standpoint, we are very, very good and have great speed. We have had a number of long kick returns called back due to penalties. I guess the bottom line is be very scared of our return game, but don't worry about us kicking a last second field goal to win a game.

AlcoaDad

:motorbike:

Ok, thanks for the information. I’m pretty sure that our kicker has put all of the kickoffs into the endzone this year. Hopefully he will continue to do that against you guys to negate some of your speed. From the sound of it, we should probably try to punt the ball out of bounds as well.

Actually I have. and no it's not running my mouth. I know Greeneville had to move down cause they couldn't hack it in the IMAC or should I say they could hack it in the IMAC. but not the Playoffs.And I know they will win by 3 TDS. :thumb: And yes I know who runs this town. and it's not Greeneville it's the man who gave you that nice turf and rumored a new video bored next year. you know his name. :roflol: Get over yourself all us county schools know we won't beat you guys. but it's fans like you who run your mouth is what makes us county schools cheer against you.Good luck GHS your going to need it.

Accusing Greeneville fans of running there mouths but your the one on the Greeneville Alcoa topic running your mouth. Your just adding fuel to the fire. October 14th will be here before you know it don't worry, oh and good luck your going to need it. :thumb:

Boy, this has turned into a very interesting game. I was excited about it when I saw Greeneville had the guts to put Alcoa on the schedule. That alone caused me to have more respect for the Devils. Then we (Maryville) scrimmaged against them and I said, “These boys are the real deal.†Tough, fearless and well coached. Ideally, it would have been nice if these teams had played last year. I assume both sides would agree that last year’s teams were a bit stronger. Yet, I believe both teams this year have a legitimate shot at winning another State Championship. While neither team is undefeated, it is still Alcoa and Greeneville. With that said here are a few observations:

Both have losses to good teams but not great teams (my Rebels excluded of course). Greeneville’s loss to Mo-West was early (some studs out with injuries) and Alcoa’s game with A-E was just plain weird and freaky.

Both teams tend to rely on speed and the running game. Both have the ability to shut down the opponents run game. Neither passes that well! These teams seem to be mirror images of each other.

Both teams need this win for different reasons. Alcoa, to get their confidence back against a credible opponent and Greeneville to prove they deserve some respect. Yet, a loss doesn’t hurt either team in the run to the Championship!

What does this mean? This is all about Pride!! All Guts and Glory!! That’s what makes this a great game!

I could see this being a defensive heavyweight slugfest or a gun slinging offensive shoot-out! Maybe a little bit of both. Either way, this is shaping up into one of the best, if not the best, match-up in the state.

• Upvote 1

Boy, this has turned into a very interesting game. I was excited about it when I saw Greeneville had the guts to put Alcoa on the schedule. That alone caused me to have more respect for the Devils. Then we (Maryville) scrimmaged against them and I said, “These boys are the real deal.†Tough, fearless and well coached. Ideally, it would have been nice if these teams had played last year. I assume both sides would agree that last year’s teams were a bit stronger. Yet, I believe both teams this year have a legitimate shot at winning another State Championship. While neither team is undefeated, it is still Alcoa and Greeneville. With that said here are a few observations:

Both have losses to good teams but not great teams (my Rebels excluded of course). Greeneville’s loss to Mo-West was early (some studs out with injuries) and Alcoa’s game with A-E was just plain weird and freaky.

Both teams tend to rely on speed and the running game. Both have the ability to shut down the opponents run game. Neither passes that well! These teams seem to be mirror images of each other.

Both teams need this win for different reasons. Alcoa, to get their confidence back against a credible opponent and Greeneville to prove they deserve some respect. Yet, a loss doesn’t hurt either team in the run to the Championship!

What does this mean? This is all about Pride!! All Guts and Glory!! That’s what makes this a great game!

I could see this being a defensive heavyweight slugfest or a gun slinging offensive shoot-out! Maybe a little bit of both. Either way, this is shaping up into one of the best, if not the best, match-up in the state.

Well said and great post!

Good post oldhick....Eye uhgree....Eye look for a tuff, hard hittin' gaim....

And eye beeleeve hit will come down bein' effishshunt on offence in partickular...

Takin' care ov tha bawl will be crewshull....And which teem cain maik sum big plays passin' tha bawl ??

:thumb:

This is a must see match up for East Tenn. folks. Anyone know where a video replay of the game can be found. I'm curious and would love to see it. I think Alcoa will win this one but it should be close, a.k.a. no mercy rule 4sure. BDP

Alcoa should broadcast it live on audio and video at http://www.ihigh.com/alcoa/ sometimes it is pretty good and they usually archive it to watch later.