GREENEVILLE VS ALCOA

BIGGREENE

Does anybody know if Alcoa is practicing on artificial turf this week? I know before the Championship games they do, just curious about this week. If there is rain this Friday does it create a slick surface at Greeneville? In some of BVD's highlights (by the way, thanks BVD, I love the clips and the commentary) I've noticed an occassional slip or even a slight slide by some players. I would assume this gives the Devils a true homefield advantage. I know in the past some schools would change the type of shoes they wear on this surface, do you know if any schools have or if Alcoa is considering it?

UT will not allow them, but they did ask.........

Holy mother of Pearl!!!! Someone FINALLY.....FINALLY....FINALLY gets it. I was really starting to question peoples education.

Oh and for the record, I have no fear of being "excommunicated" as you put it cause A LOT of the fan base only started rooting for Alcoa when Little Jimmy started playing. Once they're gone they'll go back to just reading scores in the news papers

Just run down some photos of the 1999 6-6 season. Those Alcoa stands werent packed and you could get to the game in 2nd Quarter and have plenty of room to sit. Amazing how once you starting winning the fans come out huh? :rolleyes:

I've been watching Alcoa football before you even owned a pair of flip-flops. I think you are a cancer to everything Alcoa has work hard to earn. You are nothing but a punk kid that "thinks" he knows football. and BOTTOMLINE, a lot of the Alcoa Community feel the same.

Edited by BCsportsfan

I've been watching Alcoa football before you even owned a pair of flip-flops. I think you are a cancer to everything Alcoa has work hard to earn. You are nothing but a punk kid that "thinks" he knows football. and BOTTOMLINE, a lot of the Alcoa Community feel the same.

True so TRUE, BC you have a way with words! Momma always said that if you dont have anything good to say you shouldnt say anything at all... GF thats for you :rolleyes:

Nope, i think its for people that have never played the sport before.

Im not sayin Vee is bad. That's.....well just stupid but Vee is not Tyson or Warren! He's not 6'2'' 220lbs bruiser. Vee off tackle in the open space is much more dangerous then Vee between the tackles unless we're playing far inferior competition. When you have a 5'9''-5'10'' 190lb soaking wet tail back and run him up the gut 20 times a game you're just asking for problems.

Absolutely :thumb:

Doesn't your mom have something for you to do in the kitchen, like rattle some pots and pans???

If you don't like football message board and can not take the banter.... move on especially the Alcoa threads. Come week 10 we will talk about Alcoa's offense vs CAK defense! :thumb:

Last time I checked, this is still America, and it's still a free country, so I have just as much right to spout off on here as anybody else, including you. And I also have the right to point out the jerks who act like they own the place and treat everybody else like a second class citizen. You should go back to the kitchen or wherever your mother is and ask her if she'll teach you some manners and common decency 'cause she didn't do enough of that when you were a tot.

I'll talk about week 10 when week 10 gets here. You're the one who keeps bringing it up, which means you're either a tad bit worried about it, or you think that simply bringing up an Alcoa/CAK matchup will make me tremble with fear. You're quite the wiseguy! Oh, I'm soooooo scared. :roflol:

Nope.....Go back re-read all of goddardfield's post. He clearly states Rankin's does not know how to pass the football and he intends to bash him for it. :rolleyes:

BTW,....since your a WB boy....how come WB will not play Alcoa? Still scared.....yup, that's what I thought! :roflol:

How do you say that I am a WB boy. I have no kids there. Actually have one headed your way next year. I just happen to know a couple of the dads that have kids on the WB team and I know a coach or two, so I catch a few of their home games. For the last three or four years, my son and I will generally go watch about three Alcoa games, three WB games, and Three Maryville games, and then go watch the best playoff games available when that time comes. As far as why they won't play Alcoa, I have never asked the question to the people that would know, and I certainly am not in the know as to why they won't play. I have got an opinion as to why, but that is all it is, just an opinion, but really they quit playing before we really started following it very closely, so my opinion is not even an educated one.

How do you say that I am a WB boy. I have no kids there. Actually have one headed your way next year. I just happen to know a couple of the dads that have kids on the WB team and I know a coach or two, so I catch a few of their home games. For the last three or four years, my son and I will generally go watch about three Alcoa games, three WB games, and Three Maryville games, and then go watch the best playoff games available when that time comes. As far as why they won't play Alcoa, I have never asked the question to the people that would know, and I certainly am not in the know as to why they won't play. I have got an opinion as to why, but that is all it is, just an opinion, but really they quit playing before we really started following it very closely, so my opinion is not even an educated one.

Hey now, Jake, watch that attitude. If BC says you're a WB boy, then you're a WB boy! Because BC knows everything. ;)

Wow, just came off the 6A board and Maryville has attacked one of their own fans, and I come on here and Alcoa fans are jumping on one of their own. What is going on? Can no one give their honest opinion anymore without fear of being excommunicated from the fan base? I have never seen Goddard say that Rankin is a bad coach, just that his opinion is that they (Alcoa) need a more balanced offense. Goddard Field seems to have an opinion that GQ is a little better coach than Rankin, which is entirely true. You cannot question whether Rankin is a good coach, his record speaks for itself, but most everyone will agree that he is not on the same level with GQ, even some of the Alcoa Faithful. It may surprise some Alcoa fans to know that Goddard Field is not the only Alcoa fan that thinks GQ is a better coach, I know several that share this opinion, and one even has a kid on the Alcoa team. I don't think anyone with this opinion is trying to throw off on Coach Rankin and his accomplishments, it is more of a testament to just how good GQ is than how bad Rankin is.

Strongx is not a Maryville fan. He is posing as one so he can rip Maryville a new one.