William Blount at Catholic

tpoole12

Ok, OK. I will come up with something different. This is my last post as WBGovMan.

What a "good neighborly" thing to do ... if you'll find me at the next home game and identify yourself , I'll get you a cold bottle of water and a sampling of whatever food we have in the press box!

I hope I wasn't overly presumptuous in my first reply!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a "good neighborly" thing to do ... if you'll find me at the next home game and identify yourself , I'll get you a cold bottle of water and a sampling of whatever food we have in the press box!

I hope I wasn't overly presumptuous in my first reply!

I will be looking for you. I just hope "GovDad" don't come looking for me next. as you can tell I'm not very creative. Huh, maybe I should have went with "Offensive Coordinator inside the 20"

:)

Catholic is really down this year. Their most talented players (other then Coulter) are freshman and sophomores. Could be a long year for the Irish and the fans (I hope) are aware of that. The team is not very athletic.

and the coach is horrible. Hope the fans are aware of that. Hope they are proud of what they hired. I hear this is his last year there, now Catholic is trying to throw big money toward Rankin.

and the coach is horrible. Hope the fans are aware of that. Hope they are proud of what they hired. I hear this is his last year there, now Catholic is trying to throw big money toward Rankin.

Catholic is ALL about recruiting in order to have a good team.

Alcoa has a good base with some recruiting thrown in.

That means it is easier to have a good team at Alcoa vs Catholic.

Catholic is ALL about recruiting in order to have a good team.

Alcoa has a good base with some recruiting thrown in.

That means it is easier to have a good team at Alcoa vs Catholic.

I agree, and if Catholic wants Rankin, they will have to throw a boat load of money to him, because he likes being at the place that it is easier to win, as we all would.

Hello All

Just wanted to congratulate William Blount's players, coaches and fans for their victory over the Irish. Most are aware of the recent history of the WB program and some of the Irish coaching staff and I'm sure this sweet for many. I didn't attend this game. I had planned to but job related difficulties dictated otherwise. However, I did get to listen to the game. William Blount played very well. They missed on alot of scoring opportunities that almost cost them the game. Catholic had their chances also, played hard the second half and was knocking on the door till the QB sack and fumble with time running out.

OK... I said all that to say this.. Wiiam Blount can still have a good season in spite of their record at this point. They have some good atheletes. The playoffs are reachable but, the turnovers must stop. The defense looks great at times but has a tendency to give up big plays. On the other side of the ball there seems to be a bit more creativity... ie: "throw the dang ball when the defense loads up the box".. Not sure where that change came from but if it had came a couple of years earlier Gregory's record wouldn't be 8 and 17 as head coach.

As for Catholic... I'm not sure Meadows and company can survive at Catholic if they drop the next game. That game will be Thursday and this is the game of the year for many of the Irish faithful. I know I will be tuned in. I wish Scott and Ritchie the best but they will have to have their players ready to play four quarters if they hope to win.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way

tpoole12

tpoole, I don't think Catholic stands much of a chance tomorrow night against Webb, and you may be right, that may be the nail in the coffin for Meadows, if, in fact, the nail has not already been put in the coffin.

The other post said Catholic is really down this year, they can thank the wonderful hc they have, comes to a state championship team that had 90+ players and runs the program to a point that they have 50 now WOW, Catholic needs to get into a different class not because they are bad they are just small in numbers, they need to play in a division that allows them to compete with the numbers they have not numbers that are mutiplied because or recruiting, funny thing about recruiting every school does some form of it and some have better success because of the school the program or just tradition, Someone else posted that tonight's game maybe the nail in the coffin maybe so but I think I would look at the over all not just tonight and the coffin would be nailed shut and cover it up.