Greenback at Cloudland

maj

Not looking to give opposing coaches any locker room motivational post ups but this is another team Greenback should be heavily favored against. Teams in a losing streak can be the most dangerous opponents when you are on a roll. Favored team often beats themselves by looking past the winless. While I don't look for this to happen this week, Greenback needs to take care of business, keep their intensity up and let Cloudland get their first victory against some one else. Home field advantage and a long bus ride for GB are a couple of things going for Cloudland, but I don't see it being enough.

GB by 24

Edited by maj

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about your dead topics. I am wondering if there is enough interest to even bother playing this game. Far as I can tell, Greenback expects to win and Cloudland expects to lose. Since there doesn't appear to be anything else to talk about, I hope this game lives up to everbodys' expectations.

Edited by maj

maj I really don't know what to think of Cloudland. I do know that they have a rich history of being a pound the rock type of team, but according to the boards here they are struggling to find themselves this year and they appear to have some internal issues as well. By that I mean coaching changes and some players hanging it up early or moving for whatever reason. With all that said Grennback has got to learn to be a better road team, going back to last year at tellico, grace and coalfield and then this year at wartburg this bunch is simply not very good on the road. They did play better in the 3rd quarter against wartburg and I hope that type of play will continue on Friday night. With all that being said and not knowing much about Cloudland except what I have read on here I still think the Cherokees come home 6-0 for a big clash with the rams next week!!

Gback-42

Cloudland-28

In a closer than should be type of game

maj I really don't know what to think of Cloudland. I do know that they have a rich history of being a pound the rock type of team, but according to the boards here they are struggling to find themselves this year and they appear to have some internal issues as well. By that I mean coaching changes and some players hanging it up early or moving for whatever reason. With all that said Grennback has got to learn to be a better road team, going back to last year at tellico, grace and coalfield and then this year at wartburg this bunch is simply not very good on the road. They did play better in the 3rd quarter against wartburg and I hope that type of play will continue on Friday night. With all that being said and not knowing much about Cloudland except what I have read on here I still think the Cherokees come home 6-0 for a big clash with the rams next week!!

Gback-42

Cloudland-28

Good luck with the Rams next week Matback,they look to be the real deal.

Talk about your dead topics. I am wondering if there is enough interest to even bother playing this game. Far as I can tell, Greenback expects to win and Cloudland expects to lose. Since there doesn't appear to be anything else to talk about, I hope this game lives up to everbodys' expectations.

Cloudland was one of the hardest places in the state to play and leave with a W.

The 'lander faithful will show up with the hope of seeing a 'sure loss' turn into a big W! And I hope they continue to do so year after year...because the players for the next few years will need the support.....for when tradition and winning fades, and unease sets in, it takes more than a coach with pride and a good player or two to rebuild....it takes support and it takes time

Gback-42

Cloudland-28

I hear you on GB's road issues. I'm still not over last year's Sweetwater stinkfest. I've held off to date picking GB to win big but this week I'm going for it. Bus ride is a bit of a concern but I am couunting on the coaches to really warm this team up and get them loose and ready to play. Bus ride home will be a whole lot shorter if they win big.