Blount County Football

countryREB

From what I have read and I don't agree with it all , I think maybe the issue is not necessarily the losing but maybe how???

Anytime I see the words "lost" and some variation of "he treated my kid unfairly" then I typically tune out anything else the giver has to offer. I made one MHS game in the regular season, much less any middle school games, as much as I would have liked to have gone.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaching change for the Southerners? That would be crazy. Joey Winders and his staff do a great job for the Southerners. What has happened is Fairview has gotten a lot stronger. Fairview gets not only the county kids but some city kids also. A lot of those kids will go to Maryville.A lot of them will go to William Blount. Anyone wanting Joey to quit is an idiot. Joey has been coaching the Southerners for over 25 years. He coached all my nephews. They loved Joey. Joey has great assistants like Steve Fox,Joe Tipton,John Giles just to name a few. Joey Winders,David Hunt and Don Sentell do a great job for the Lil Rebs,Southerners and Rebs organization. Don Myers,Ricky Maples and Danny Maples do a great job for the Titans,Cubs and Bears organization. The Fairview guys do a great job also. Ricky Young has been the Fairview Midget coach for as long as I can remember. Maryville's youth league coaches are 2nd to none.

I admire anyone that is willing to take so much of their time and invest it in our youth. I agree, the coaching in the Maryville program is great, as has been the stability with them being there for so long. Thanks to all the coaches from all of these teams, the ones I know are teaching the young kids not only about football, but teaching some important life lessons as well. Keep up the good work.

Don Myers,Ricky Maples and Danny Maples do a great job for the Titans,Cubs and Bears organization. The Fairview guys do a great job also. Ricky Young has been the Fairview Midget coach for as long as I can remember. Maryville's youth league coaches are 2nd to none.

Speaking of great Pee Wee teams - I'm kinda partial to the 1973, Aluminum Bowl Champions, Maryville Cubs.

Yep it is ridiculous... Joey , Don and David and all their assts. do a really great job and give priceless amounts of their time. Thanks guys for all you do.

Absolutely grey, well said. Those guys are amazing with all their dedication and wins over the years. I want to give a big 'Thank you' as well. When you think about it, they don't even have that great of talent - the kids are still spread out to various other teams. They don't really all get together until they get to dear old murvil high.

Sounds like the raiders have some good players. Anybody know how many of their kids are in which pipelines? How bout the rebs?

You better stay away from those kids nation!

No, it's true....I hear Meadows may be interested. :rolleyes:

:roflolk: :roflolk: Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Also, I agree with the other posts on here as well regarding the coaching in Blount county. My son only had 1 year here in the pee wee leagues before moving on to the middle school and it was a great experience. The men that put in the time to coach these kids just blows me away. I respect the heck out of these guys for what they do! Coming from a situation where it was the dads that coached for a couple of years here and there until their son moved on, I can greatly appreciate what we have here!

:roflolk: :roflolk: Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Also, I agree with the other posts on here as well regarding the coaching in Blount county. My son only had 1 year here in the pee wee leagues before moving on to the middle school and it was a great experience. The men that put in the time to coach these kids just blows me away. I respect the heck out of these guys for what they do! Coming from a situation where it was the dads that coached for a couple of years here and there until their son moved on, I can greatly appreciate what we have here!

I think these men are the best around. I have one son that finished his middle school football this year and my other son has 1 more year with the Rebs ( Don Sentell ). These Maryville coaches are all very dedicated and love coaching these boys. I am very thankful for my sons learning about the game of football and life lessons from each of the Lil Rebs /Southerners/and Rebs coaches. I can not speak for all of the park and rec programs because I have not been around them on a daily basis but the Maryville coaches are great. THANK YOU COACHES FOR ALL YOU DO.

Congratulations to Fairview for the Superbowl wins. I know a lot of those kids playing against one another will be teammates at MMS. The RB for Fairview Midgets is at Maryville Middle School now and so is #21 Matt Young (he could have helped our MMS team this year). Pipeline looks good for MMS & MHS ... a lot of good looking players with the Maryville Lil Rebs /Southerners/and Rebs ....Fairview Raiders & ...Maryville Titans/Cubs/and Bears. Need to help Stars expand his garbage service :)

I heard the lil rebs stud qb and rb/lb were going to alcoa. Any chance they change there mind? If not, how about the raiders qb? Heard he was destined for either wb or cak. Any chance we can get him in our pipeline? I saw the 2 teams play earlier in the year and he can flat throw it. I'm surprised any kid named young is going to murvil. I've known that kids uncles since I was a kid. They are great guys but a bunch of old everett grads who usually root for whoever murvil is playing! I guess that's another old blount county tradition. LOL! Good news about the other raider kids - especially that rb - he dominated the game I saw.

Saw the pictures in the paper from last saturday. It looks like hairtage's field got tore up again. With all the appreciation being spread on this thread, let me be the first to give hairtage a big "thank you" for giving the kids a place to play. Most facilities would have canceled the games, and who could blame them. Maybe we could let them have one of the kids from the pipeline for all their trouble. Second thought, maybe not.