Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

No doubt FCS has a great program but regardless of what you say private schools can bring in more talent because they are select and can recruit. All credit due to their caliber of coaches and all that but it's the same at any private school that wants to pursue the talent and maintain a winning program. Brentwood Academy, DCS, JCS, BGA and on down the line. It takes 2 things to be at that level every year, quality program and a continual flow of above average athletes. Your typical small schools can have a solid program but how well they can do changes as their pool of talent changes. Good programs will always be competitive but to be in the State year in and out they have to maintain a higher level of talent. You can talk all you want about no they don't and all that but I've seen it and been around it and heard it from parents whose children were recruited. I'm not trying to take away anything from the quality of their program but private schools have a definite advantage in staying at the top yyear in and year out. It can and does happen at some public programs as well. I can think of a few programs around the state that can recruit. I've been around it and know people who were a part of it as players, parents etc that can speak to it from personal experience. Also if you don't think it takes luck sometimes (not everytime) then you aren't thinking very well.

Yes we recruit, I would hope that you recruit too. There is nothing wrong with telling a kid that he should come to friendship. We just can't pay his way. If someones family wants to fork up $9000 then we'll take em at friendship. I'm not gonna sit here and deny that we recruit because every school should think they have something better to offer students. Friendship is a baseball school. People in Wilson County know that and if they think there kids are good enough to play at friendship then many will think about sending them there because they know that we win. That's how we stay with above average talent. There are many counties that are open zoned an they have the same advantages that we do, but they can bring those students there for a discount price compared to privates and I think that's an even bigger advantage for them IMO. We play under the TSSAA guidelines and as long as they let us play publics then that's what we'll be doing. Go complain to the TSSAA if you feel passionate about us being able to get above average talent year in and year out

Yes we recruit, I would hope that you recruit too. There is nothing wrong with telling a kid that he should come to friendship. We just can't pay his way. If someones family wants to fork up $9000 then we'll take em at friendship. I'm not gonna sit here and deny that we recruit because every school should think they have something better to offer students. Friendship is a baseball school. People in Wilson County know that and if they think there kids are good enough to play at friendship then many will think about sending them there because they know that we win. That's how we stay with above average talent. There are many counties that are open zoned an they have the same advantages that we do, but they can bring those students there for a discount price compared to privates and I think that's an even bigger advantage for them IMO. We play under the TSSAA guidelines and as long as they let us play publics then that's what we'll be doing. Go complain to the TSSAA if you feel passionate about us being able to get above average talent year in and year out

Didn't mean it in that tone, just stating that, that is why FC has that edge each year. It's not as easy for 1A public schools because they can't openly recruit and when you're in a county like Rutherford where you have Riverdale, Oakland, siegel, Blackman, Smyrna you just can't pull talent as easily competing with them. Private schools have more money obviously and as so have the money to pay for the very best staff and provide advanced courses and this draws those parents who have the money to pay the tuition. I know of several situations where kids were recruited from different counties and even states to come to certain schools and their parents were helped to get jobs at certain buisnesses in order to make the moves so that the school could get that player. On one such occasion I spoke with a parent in Knoxville while at a UT game who happened to have an MBA shirt on commenting on that and asked him if he was from Nashville and he told me no, but that MBA had recruited his son to play for them. He was from Ohio. Smaller public schools can pull better talent once they have established a good program but it is much harder to maintain it year in and year out because parents naturally want their kids to go to the more prestigious big schools. What I think is odd is that a lot of talented players that could start at smaller schools sometimes for 3 or 4 of their high school years will sit on the bench 2 or 3 of those years before seeing the field and often only as role players at the bigger schools. Some of those kids miss opportunities to be seen and to gain experience that could land them college scholarships because of this.

Private schools have more money obviously and as so have the money to pay for the very best staff and provide advanced courses and this draws those parents who have the money to pay the tuition. I know of several situations where kids were recruited from different counties and even states to come to certain schools and their parents were helped to get jobs at certain buisnesses in order to make the moves so that the school could get that player. On one such occasion I spoke with a parent in Knoxville while at a UT game who happened to have an MBA shirt on commenting on that and asked him if he was from Nashville and he told me no, but that MBA had recruited his son to play for them. He was from Ohio.

Can't speak for Friendship Christian and Wilson County but average teacher salaries at MTCS are less than the average teacher salary for Rutherford County schools. The draw for many of the kids (or at least their parents) that attend MTCS is daily Bible study and pro-actively teaching Christ-centered principles in all classes.

Perhaps the MBAs and Ensworths of the state are different. Don't think Friendship falls into that category.

Can't speak for Friendship Christian and Wilson County but average teacher salaries at MTCS are less than the average teacher salary for Rutherford County schools. The draw for many of the kids (or at least their parents) that attend MTCS is daily Bible study and pro-actively teaching Christ-centered principles in all classes.

Perhaps the MBAs and Ensworths of the state are different. Don't think Friendship falls into that category.

Point taken, not questioning that aspect. What would your take be on their ability to maintain above average talent in regard to players? I've already given credit to their coaching and program history but it also takes a high level of talent to maintain a high caliber program. While there is no doubt that Christian principles are a centerpiece for private Christian schools, there is also no doubt that an advanced educational program is a major incentive to attend private schools as well. These components combined with a strong athletic program are a huge reason private schools can maintain top of the line sports facilities and a consistently higher caliber of talented athletes which in turn enables them to make deep runs into State tournaments and to ultimately win State Championships.

Point taken, not questioning that aspect. What would your take be on their ability to maintain above average talent in regard to players? I've already given credit to their coaching and program history but it also takes a high level of talent to maintain a high caliber program. While there is no doubt that Christian principles are a centerpiece for private Christian schools, there is also no doubt that an advanced educational program is a major incentive to attend private schools as well. These components combined with a strong athletic program are a huge reason private schools can maintain top of the line sports facilities and a consistently higher caliber of talented athletes which in turn enables them to make deep runs into State tournaments and to ultimately win State Championships.

And little public schools like us have to rely on merly luck that a few quality players come around.

I think that is correct. Friendship has had a successful run on the football field and the baseball diamond. Add to that the success on the hardwood and I bet they have plenty of applications for enrollment.

I don't disagree with you, I think our education is what attracts our students though, I'm not sure how many parents think that being on a winning team is worth 9k a year.

Finally, you admit it... My work is done here :popcorneater:

You'll be back, because every time FCS wins a game and JCHS loses one you won't be able to sit idly by. Some people are green with envy, you sir simply have Green Envy.

The only thing you're right about in this one is me being GREEN. I am and always will be a "light" green Marine. Now you probably don't know what that means so let me explain it for you. In the Marine Corps there is only one color with two shades. You're either a light green or a dark green Marine, nothing else. So yes i am green but not with envy. Jackson County is not very good in baseball, they had a good year last year but don't see them making much noise this year. On one thread you people deny recruiting on another thread you openly admit it. Until T$$AA does something about this there is nothing public schools can do but work hard and get better. Its a money thing we all know it, thats why they haven't had a total separation from the public/private sector. I fight for the public school teams that don't have the same opportunity the private school teams do. The less fortunate kids, that cannot afford to pay for their education and have to play where they live. I have fought for this country so that we may all have choices, to give everyone the chance at freedom and a better way of life. I'm not against private schools, what i am against is people like yourself and commanderman and all the other clowns that constantly put down public programs while bragging about FCS and all its achievements. It disgusts me to be perfectly honest. Its the typical private school mentality, like you are priveleged or better than those that do not attend a private school. Its easy to field a quality team year after year when you recruit, thats been my message all along but on another thread everyone vehemently denies there is any of that taking place, however on this thread you openly admit to it. Thats the point i was making. I do not envy this school in any way shape or form. I'm sure there are some wonderful people, teachers and students that go there but then there is also a faction like you and i say you because you seemed to have aligned yourself with these people, and your cronies that want to put down everyone else just because the private school wins more than a local public school in some sports. If you ask me its a sad life you live... ya'll have a nice day :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic