Alcoa vs. Kingston

alcoadaddy

I, too think Coach Rankin is a class act. It is ashame that SOME of the Alcoa fans don't follow his lead, but they don't. They brag when they win and whine and make excuses when they lose!

Rankin sets a very good example for his players. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...I think we've established that on this website...but when the fans are sitting as close to the players and coaches as they do at Kingston, they (the fans) need to show more support for the team rather than challenging so vocally every call Rankin and his support staff make. If someone has a problem with Rankin, take it up with him or talk about it on your way to the parking lot after the game or get on CoachT to air it out. But it's not appropriate to be so disrespectful in front of his players. I watched grown men yell at Coach Rankin last night and all those young players on the sideline turn to look up at them. It's disgraceful and shows a lack of support for the Alcoa football program-coaches, players and school.

Well, seeing as how people have only claimed Alcoa to be a top 5 team in the state the previous two years.....Remind me again good sir, How did they do against the 6A powerhouse State Runner Up and State Champions the past two years? Hmmmm?? Hmmmm? :rolleyes:

^^^^^ THIS. Loudon beat Bradley and look who CAK has destroyed the last few yrs. NOT TO MENTION THE THE TEAMS OUTSIDE 3a THEY PLAY. McCallie Maryville and look at the teams those two teams play. Milan and Goodpasture have some great wins during the run as well These haters are ridiculous.

Edited by polkalumn01

A section of that post from last year for you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Alcoa played, with team's record, and some notes:

1. Middlesboro, Ky. (6-6) Made it to the 2nd round of Kentucky state football playoffs!

2. Maryville (14-1) Tennessee 6A State Champions...7 out of 10 regular season opponents made playoffs in 2010! Beat West 35-6 who missed the 5A state championship by 1 game in a 7-0 loss to Columbia, beat Oak Ridge twice whom also came within 1 game of 6A state championship, beat Bearden and their UT football commitment twice by a combined score of 86-36, and beat nationally ranked Smyrna in 6A state champioship!

3. Loudon (9-3) All 3 of Loudon's losses came to either CAK or Alcoa. Alcoa beat them twice! Loudon also beat Howard whom beat Greeneville's first round playoff opponent East ridge!

4. Fulton (7-5) Alcoa won 49-0...Greeneville also played Fulton and won 35-0!

5. Scott Co. (7-5) Of Scott's 5 losses, 3 of them came to Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon! Scott Co made it into the playoffs and lost 45-48 to 11-2 Gibbs High!

6. Howard (8-3) 2 of Howard's 3 losses were to Alcoa and Loudon!

7. Kingston (6-5) 4 of the 5 losses were to Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon!

8. Stone Memorial (3-7) All of Stone Memorial's losses except 1 came against teams that made the playoffs in 2010!

9. McMinn Central (0-10) Not a very good football team this year...they made the playoffs last year and believe they finished 8-3, but graduated a lot of players!

10. CAK (11-2) Both losses coming against Alcoa. CAK is arguably a top 10 team in the state regardless of class in 2010!

Combined record of Alcoa's opponents in 2010: 71 wins and 47 losses!

** 8 of Alcoa's regular season opponents made the playoffs in 2010...If you take out the losses to Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon to all of Alcoa's opponents, they would have a combined record of 71 wins and 27 losses meaning Alcoa's opponents won 3/4 of the games they played against everyone except the big 3 of 3A football!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering that next years Alcoa team will be better again, do you think you can help find teams to play Alcoa?

This this this this this........ Loudon also beat Bradley who made the quarterfinals by upsetting the Ridge...

I, too think Coach Rankin is a class act. It is ashame that SOME of the Alcoa fans don't follow his lead, but they don't. They brag when they win and whine and make excuses when they lose!

Well mr. Two shot, why won't you be a class act and troll someone elses thread? You obviously don't follow Alcoa football and your shots at the team are not welcomed. Peace!!!!!!

First of all this is my first post.I like Rankin good man.But when you run a 160# back up the middle all game you need to be yield at.when you pay my way in a game you can tell me what to say.

Gosh, Rankin got yelled at in a game where he won by three plus TD's? What would you do during a loss? I can see where people get into yelling at the ref for a bad call, but what do you get out of yelling at your coach? That is just above yelling at the players for the team you pull for, IMO. Rankin is a big boy, he can handle the yelling, but where is his wife, or daughter, and can the team hear the negativity of fans yelling at the coach. More than likely, whoever the ones are doing the yelling, none of the above matters because they feel like paying six dollars to get into a game gives them the right spout off whatever they desire regardless of the

negativity that it portrays. You have freedom of speech, you have freedom to have your own opinion, but you should be expected to do so with a little class, not standing in the bleachers yelling at the coach.

First of all this is my first post.I like Rankin good man.But when you run a 160# back up the middle all game you need to be yield at.when you pay my way in a game you can tell me what to say.

Not sure why you would have "yield at" Rankin, but I assume you mean yell.

In which case I did not know that the ticket in gave you the right to yell at the coaches because you think you know best. More so considering the coaches track record. Like it or not, he and his staff call the shots and some person yelling in the stands should not change that.

Right call or not, don't do it in front of the team he LEADs and undermine him. He is the authority figure, he is the one that is up for blame in a loss. He listens to some person in the stands and they don't win, it is still his fault. I don't mind if you second guess the calls, but if you are doing it behind the bench, well you need to sit down shut up and support and address it like an adult at a later time.

When we pay your ticket we can tell you what to say? Well when you devote your time, your effort, and all that Rankin puts in to the football team, you can call the plays. I bet he knows the team and strengths better than you.

The reason YOU have to pay to get in, is because you sit in the bleachers, YOU have never won a high school football game YOU coached.....never ever won 5 straight Tennessee State Championship Games, Nine Total State Championships and last......never ever inducted into the Tennessee Football Hall of Fame.

Plus, Were you wanting to "yeild" at the coach when 160# Jaron Toney ran for a State Record 50 rushing Touchdowns in a single season?? And running the same iso, and between tackle routes??? It's ALL in the execution...The Coach knows the running game! :thumb: