Riverdale - Blackman

warrior82dad

I also would like to say good game to Blackman, y'all out played us 1st half and got the fumble and the interception which was amazing and you kept us from doing just about anything. Then our on fault we missed the FG.

The second half y'all was still in it till they very end. I was scared!

I want to say Jalen Smith is awesome. He is a great receiver and I have known he was a beast receiver all along but seeing him make those touchdowns was great.

I hate what happened to I-train and hope he gets better, His brother does a good job running too so I'm happy he got a chance to play more!

Y'all are a great team and I wish y'all the best! Y'all definitely had me worried!

Edited by Riverdale06

Congrats to Riverdale on the win. Like everyone, I hope Mathers is OK for the rest of the season. We will certainly need him to go a long way in the playoffs. However, I would like to congratulate the rest of the team on playing great and stepping up tonight. If you would have told me before the game that Mathers would not play, I would have just hoped to not get creamed. Blackman showed tonight that it is not a 1 trick pony. Strickland can play, Smith can play, May can play, the whole team can play. Also Dee Mathers and Notgrass are definitely going to be good running backs. They just may not be physical enough against teams like Riverdale right now. Our defense played about how it has all year. Gave up some big plays but also made some plays.

Glad it didn't rain whole lot so Riverdale couldn't slide on our field. lol

Keep your head up Blackman and get ready for Brentwood.

Go Blaze!!!

Congrats to Riverdale on the win. Like everyone, I hope Mathers is OK for the rest of the season. We will certainly need him to go a long way in the playoffs. However, I would like to congratulate the rest of the team on playing great and stepping up tonight. If you would have told me before the game that Mathers would not play, I would have just hoped to not get creamed. Blackman showed tonight that it is not a 1 trick pony. Strickland can play, Smith can play, May can play, the whole team can play. Also Dee Mathers and Notgrass are definitely going to be good running backs. They just may not be physical enough against teams like Riverdale right now. Our defense played about how it has all year. Gave up some big plays but also made some plays.

Glad it didn't rain whole lot so Riverdale couldn't slide on our field. lol

Keep your head up Blackman and get ready for Brentwood.

Go Blaze!!!

pretty impressive to not have mathers and still be that close in my humble opinion :thumb: :thumb:

In the paper, Coach Shad said that Mathers was cleared to continue playing but that he held him out. Probably a good call on his part. I saw Mathers running on the sideline at halftime and expected to see him back in.

Riverdale made a lot of mistakes and Blackman had some guys really step up. It was a great game with a lot of big plays.

Best player on the night was probably the QB for Blackman.

Am I correct that Riverdale started the game without either of their starting corners? I don't think Marcellous played very much last night. Is he still slowed by the knee injury against Lavergne? Will L. Brown be back this year?

A win is win...so we'll take it.

A lot of injuries last night for both teams, with more tough games ahead. Riverdale really needs to get healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs.

In the paper, Coach Shad said that Mathers was cleared to continue playing but that he held him out. Probably a good call on his part. I saw Mathers running on the sideline at halftime and expected to see him back in.

Riverdale made a lot of mistakes and Blackman had some guys really step up. It was a great game with a lot of big plays.

Best player on the night was probably the QB for Blackman.

Am I correct that Riverdale started the game without either of their starting corners? I don't think Marcellous played very much last night. Is he still slowed by the knee injury against Lavergne? Will L. Brown be back this year?

A win is win...so we'll take it.

A lot of injuries last night for both teams, with more tough games ahead. Riverdale really needs to get healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs.

Lamar really wants to come back in and play. it was that he was hoping he could this week but I don't guess he was quite ready as his knee still bothers him. He did say before that when we play Oakland he thinks he can. It really depends I'm sure because it's not 100%, he lost alot of that muscle when he could barely walk or whatever. I'm sure the muscle will come back. I'm happy to see him walking around and moving it quite a bit, but I'm positive he will make a comeback. I just hope it's as soon as possible!

Edited by Riverdale06

i maybe wrong but i dont think we clinched just yet

Congrats to RIVERDALE!!!!

You are right if Smyrna beats Oakland tonight you are D7 Champs if Oakland beats Smyrna tonight it will come down to the Riverdale Oakland game on who wins D7.

I would like to say great game last night, but not your best game, made some mistakes and still got out with the win. A WIN is a WIN might be the best thing that happened to ya all year. Got your worse game out of the way and still WON!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!

I must say Blackman's QB looked great way to step up!!!!

Edited by BullyDog