TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

I think you are making my point. If he is enrolled at a school he can't play for another school, unless the school he is enrolled in doesn't have the sport he is playing. This is a TSSAA rule. Applying for eligibility doesn't mean anything if he didn't participate in any athletics there. He only establishes an athletic record at the school if he participates in a sport for them.

Again, the problem is about residency and zoning, i.e. his home school is apparently Howard.

Last year it was the athletic director that called. The same one that signed the paperwork with the wrong dates. :o

Not sure how it will work since ND and SM are the only 4A schools in the district.

Right, for a much different situation where a girl transferred from ND to Signal which caused the issue. This situation, however, doesn't really even affect ND.

Last year it was the athletic director that called. The same one that signed the paperwork with the wrong dates. :o

Not sure how it will work since ND and SM are the only 4A schools in the district.

They can still get a wild card spot but like I said they still get a loss against Signal on their record

Right, for a much different situation where a girl transferred from ND to Signal which caused the issue. This situation, however, doesn't really even affect ND.

Sure it does it would give them a better record than SM. SM only has 3 games remaining so at best SM would be 3-0. ND already has 4 wins and should get 5 and possibly 6.

Bottom line is I don't know if it was ND but it sure wouldn't be a surprise. Also as I said before I'm not too worried about this as I'm sure everything was done properly.

Heck maybe it was Polk County and our guys need to take it out on them tomorrow night. :roflolk:

Well any way you look at it, it could have been anyone.. among us.. angry citizens of Chattanooga, that could have.. set the oven to a boil. :roflol::?:8-)

But way I look at it, they won't find nuffin wrong with the darned boy. They'll suspend him this week but let him off to play the rest of the season.

Well any way you look at it, it could have been anyone.. among us.. angry citizens of Chattanooga, that could have.. set the oven to a boil. :roflol::?:8-)

But way I look at it, they won't find nuffin wrong with the darned boy. They'll suspend him this week but let him off to play the rest of the season.

I agree. Whats unfortunate is the kid will have to miss a game because of false accusations.

Heck maybe it was Polk County and our guys need to take it out on them tomorrow night. :roflolk:

Coach Davis doesn't play that way - The very last thing anyone would want is ANY team crying they lost to TSSAA, not to our boys on the team. Honesty and integrity - no excuses, win or lose.

Go CATS!

:thumb:

Edited by Yeehaw

#3 Tim McClendon is who they are talking about. All forms and precedures were followed when he came to play for Signal and TSSAA deemed him fully eligible for play just 2 months ago, so if something was messed up it was TSSAA fault. He moved from GA (LFO) to TN were he was eligible to play for Howard High School. Many of you know about No Child Left Behind. Signal has been partnered with Howard because of Howards low state test scores and Signal being near perfect. So any student who goes to Howard is eligible to go to Signal and any student who goes to Signal is eligible to play there. Its also not just athletes Signal has taken in, around 30 kids from Howard and only a few play sports. This was happening before Signal won any kind of championship. A news story is what it is they write whatever they think can make some headlines. It was also said that it was a team on this years schedule who called TSSAA to make the complaint and TSSAA has to investigate every complaint. If it was just a "team" on Signals schedule who made the complaint with no merit its pretty cheap, just because you get beat by over 40 points doesnt mean a team is doing anything illegal. Regardless Tim McClendon is sitting out atleast this week until this is cleared up.

if Signal hasn't done something wrong, and they honestly believe that.....WHY would they change anything and make the kid sit out ?......Maybe it's because they know they are wrong and don't want to forfeit the rest of their season. I wouldn't be surprised if a Signal parent didn't 'drop the dime' ...they gotta be tired of importing ballplayers. Nothing surprises me anymore ....... What folks will do to win..... AND Signal has good athletes without busing.

Edited by BEAST27

I guess you are correct if u r saying that the Bridgeport area is in Tennessee!

We are waiting. Who are they? Put your big boy panties on and tell us. Nevermind you can't tell us. This is an example of a TYPICAL attention shifting tactic. Signal Mountain is the team in question here. Not South Pittsburg. I tell you what you do. Call the TSSAA and tell them about these "Alabama players" so they can come and investigate. I looked the number up for you. It is 615-889-6740. South Pittsburg has NO players from Alabama. This is a FACT! Goodluck with your own TSSAA problems. South Pittsburg didn't get you in to this situation so don't go hatin on other teams.