TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

Swingjuice that's funny I don"t care who you are.

Anon Troll is a good guy and a true fan of his community school. He would be the 1st to say if he had facts one way or another. I would say tbe reason he has not posted it would not matter what he said he would get blasted or he is drunk and passed out. Sorry Troll

photobucket-4235-1317959829652.jpg

Actually, I been at the Taft vs Lookout Valley game with Maggie.

Unfortunately, my Tigers lost 40-30 to the YellowJackets, and Maggie did not get to run.:roflolk:

I'z just on page 4 of 12 on this thread, so I will entertain everbody with my comments after I have reconnoitered the situation a little more.:thumb:

If TSSAA suggest you do something as a precaution, you do it especially when the player is not even needed. I wish they would do a whole team audit since the program was started just to shut some people up. TSSAA are doing this investigation because they have to,they got a formal complaint. People only harp on the athletes who have success when its not expected. The boys who play and have played at Signal are hard workers, and they have had a decent Coach who knows how to get those hard workers moving in the right direction. Instead of being cheered for their success around the Chattanooga neighborhood they get harrassed on forums and get cheap shots taken at them because of what, because they win? Really what has these 15-18 year old done to anyone other than play the best they can. Signal does have some Silver tongued fans who sometimes talk when they shouldnt, but thats just because they are proud that they finally have a true local school on the mountain to root for. Its the community and support that makes a program good. I say take pride in your area not just one school in particular, I hope 4 Chattanooga area schools come home with golden balls in December (SouthPit, BoydB, Baylor, and Signal). This will go in Signals favor because they've havent done anything wrong.

Edited by Rebel1012

LFO, Heritage and Ringgold all played their spring games at Heritage on May 21, and coaches from those schools said McClendon participated for LFO that day, meaning he potentially could be ineligible for one calendar year to play for any team outside the zone in which he currently lives.

From the updated article-

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/oct/07/tssaa-investigates-signal-mountain-football/?sportspreps

Still no mention of NCLB, which could render it all moot.

If this situation is as simple as some of you are making it out to be, then why is the TSSAA even taking the time and money to investigate? Something doesn’t add up. Either we aren’t getting the full story or the TSSAA is making a big deal out of nothing.

Its very obvious that the past few months in different parts of the State that the TSSAA is very serious about any infractions whether across state lines or not. This is not saying that there is any infraction here. Federal laws have changed. But for the TSSAA to be sending two investigators the way they have done does mean the situation is complicated. There is a similiar situation in Memphis with a basketball player that is not resolved. It sounds similiar. The full story has not been told and the TSSAA can not afford to make a big deal out of nothing. If Signal is found with an intentional infraction this time, its not good. The case might be unintentional but the players status might be the problem. A case in Memphis included 4 football players. to transfer out of Memphis across the Mississippi line and they were not allowed to play, I believe. This is going back the other way. IMO the ruling is going to have to be consistant. The TSSAA is making transfers complicated with Federal Laws changing.

Sure it does it would give them a better record than SM. SM only has 3 games remaining so at best SM would be 3-0. ND already has 4 wins and should get 5 and possibly 6.

Bottom line is I don't know if it was ND but it sure wouldn't be a surprise. Also as I said before I'm not too worried about this as I'm sure everything was done properly.

Heck maybe it was Polk County and our guys need to take it out on them tomorrow night. :roflolk:

Yeah, and the pope controls the TSSAA from the Vatican, so yeah that's it. It's the Vatican... oh and the Bilderburgers....and the Masons they don't like Signal Mountain either. Maybe it was the good old backside of the mountain klan ... didn't like the diversity of the team and they called. Yeah that's it, the ghost of Byron dela Beckwith

did it. Get a life.

As I read the by-laws, it appears that he is eligible. At least, based upon what I know of the circumstances. There are several sections of the by-laws regarding transfers, but Section 13 seems to be the one in question.

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last
participation date (these provisions do not apply to students who have no athletic record for the previous or current school year):

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence is outside the
territory
of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the
territory
of the old school and inside the
territory
of the new school;

Since the T$$AA by-laws do not use the terms "zone, district, or county", what is the definition of "territory"? I suppose that is up to Mr. Childress to determine.

Here is what I am having trouble understanding. The T$$AA scutinizes transfers very closely. The form submitted to them for every transfer is lengthy and very detailed. This form must be submitted, and the T$$AA must rule a player eligible before he/she can play. This information was submitted on the player in question, and the T$$AA ruled him eligible. None of the information on that form was false, and none of it has changed. Therefore, how can they now reverse their decision seven weeks into the season? If they do reverse themselves, how can anyone rely on their eligibility determinations in the future?

As I read the by-laws, it appears that he is eligible. At least, based upon what I know of the circumstances. There are several sections of the by-laws regarding transfers, but Section 13 seems to be the one in question.

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last
participation date (these provisions do not apply to students who have no athletic record for the previous or current school year):

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence is outside the
territory
of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the
territory
of the old school and inside the
territory
of the new school;

Since the T$$AA by-laws do not use the terms "zone, district, or county", what is the definition of "territory"? I suppose that is up to Mr. Childress to determine.

Here is what I am having trouble understanding. The T$$AA scutinizes transfers very closely. The form submitted to them for every transfer is lengthy and very detailed. This form must be submitted, and the T$$AA must rule a player eligible before he/she can play. This information was submitted on the player in question, and the T$$AA ruled him eligible. None of the information on that form was false, and none of it has changed. Therefore, how can they now reverse their decision seven weeks into the season? If they do reverse themselves, how can anyone rely on their eligibility determinations in the future?

There is a definition of ‘territory’ on page 6 of the by-laws.

If tssaa rules against sm they will automatically be eliminated from the playoffs yes they still could win two district games but with two teams already with two district wins even if they don't win anymore at best that forces a tie which tssaa uses overall record as the first tie breaker so sm has no chance at the playoffs if this goes through.

Yes, but there are 3A and 4A schools in that district. The only 4A schools are ND and SM, so one of them has to go to the playoffs in 4A (if I understand all this mess correctly). It's like the 5A/6A district from last year. Cleveland and Walker Valley were the only two 5A teams in that district. Cleveland won the head-to-head meeting and went to the 5A playoffs, even though they lost to most every 6A team in that district. I think the same applies here. Someone, either ND or SM has to go to the playoffs in 4A regardless of whether or not a 3A team technically "wins" the district. Again, if I'm understanding this right, if the TSSAA rules against SM, they may be forced to forfeit the win over ND, giving ND the automatic playoff berth in 4A.

Well Notre Dame(The school who contacted TSSAA) is a private school. They don't play by the same rules so they don't have a complete understanding of the NCLB or transfer rules. Along with most of the posters on CoachT. They are sore losers and if they can't beat you on the field they are going to whine and cry about it somewhere else. In this case, SM would have to be oblivious to not make sure a kid like the one in question is legit. Keep Hatin!!! Heresay and rumors are nothing but an excuse so you can accept why you got beat. Keep Hatin and SM will keep winnin!! Haters Hate!

That's the first I've heard (other than wags) that Notre Dame contacted the TSSAA. Do you know that for sure or are you speculating?

Edited by Chattcity