BA at Father Ryan

WesVLT

The Eagles roll into South Nashville ranked atop Division II and riding a six-game win streak. Ryan is enduring another difficult season, but has a little momentum after beating JPII 31-12 in the Bishop Bowl.

BA will name its score.

BA 48, Father Ryan 14

Ryan's backups will score both late TD's.

I think BA will win , BUT they need to pay attention to this week, this game, and for the time being, put the ENS game on the back burner. Ryan has nothing to lose, is playing at home, and will be amped to play. This is the kind of game that has a way of sneaking up on you i.e. your down at the half with a playoff bye flashing before your eyes. If BA stay on their present course and intensity, they will pull away never to be seen again after the half. Cant wait to go back to Ryan and their first class facility! Hope this weather holds.

Two weeks ago it was poor officiating at home vs Baylor. Last week it was poor field maintenance at BGA. My prediction is that this week some BA fans will spend several days posting in this thread after the game complaining about poor access and parking conditions at Father Ryan...despite the fact that they put another sound defeat on their opponent. Good news for the first team though...while their backups are getting scored on during the fourth quarter...they can beat the crowd out of the stadium to savior their 4 or 5 touchdown margin of victory!

Edited by repo

Two weeks ago it was poor officiating at home vs Baylor. Last week it was poor field maintenance at BGA. My prediction is that this week some BA fans will spend several days posting in this thread after the game complaining about poor access and parking conditions at Father Ryan...despite the fact that they put another sound defeat on their opponent. Good news for the first team though...while their backups are getting scored on during the fourth quarter...they can beat the crowd out of the stadium to savior their 4 or 5 touchdown margin of victory!

Poor officiating at Baylor was a legitimate beef--,i've seen the film. Poor field conditions at BGA is humorous in the denial of the obvious.

Since I've attended a game at Father Ryan, I am expecting a beautiful setting and poor ingress/egress. No beef when when one's expectations are met. Also, I don't expect a blow out. Ryan plays hard and with passion. BA better have their heads' in the game--and I expect they will.

Edited by doct

Alas, this will be another one sided affair as the Eagles will be too much for the Irish....I`ve seen 3 Ryan games this year and their Offense is inconsistent and there defense is not bad, but tends to wear down as the game goes on............I sense that a level of mediocrity has set in to the Ryan football program. Their coaches don`t inspire much excitement among the players. The coaching staff has kind of a "metro school" mentality where they are settled into their jobs with no threat of losing them no matter how the season goes.....I think they know where their place is in Division II East/Middle and there is not much they can do about it , so they accept it and move on....The administration doesn`t see it as a big problem because the overall athletic program is in pretty good shape.....a good percentage of the student body participates in at least one sport and that IS important to the powers that be.....So I suspect the football program will continue on it`s current path, give or take a season here and there where they may knock off an upper tier opponent and jump up a notch or 2 (like 2 seasons ago.........One thing that hasn`t changed much over the years is that the stands are pretty full for all of the home games. The on campus stadium is beautiful and lends itself to being a fun place to come renew friendships and root the Irish on.....That`s why I enjoy coming back.

Alas, this will be another one sided affair as the Eagles will be too much for the Irish....I`ve seen 3 Ryan games this year and their Offense is inconsistent and there defense is not bad, but tends to wear down as the game goes on............I sense that a level of mediocrity has set in to the Ryan football program. Their coaches don`t inspire much excitement among the players. The coaching staff has kind of a "metro school" mentality where they are settled into their jobs with no threat of losing them no matter how the season goes.....I think they know where their place is in Division II East/Middle and there is not much they can do about it , so they accept it and move on....The administration doesn`t see it as a big problem because the overall athletic program is in pretty good shape.....a good percentage of the student body participates in at least one sport and that IS important to the powers that be.....So I suspect the football program will continue on it`s current path, give or take a season here and there where they may knock off an upper tier opponent and jump up a notch or 2 (like 2 seasons ago.........One thing that hasn`t changed much over the years is that the stands are pretty full for all of the home games. The on campus stadium is beautiful and lends itself to being a fun place to come renew friendships and root the Irish on.....That`s why I enjoy coming back.

It is always fun going to Ryan and the shuttle rides are not that bad as Ryan has it down to a science. This is the best and most expensive artificial turf field in Middle Tennessee and the great Ryan players from the past usually show up and everyone has a good time. The crowd is full of long time Ryan guys who are faithful to the program. Alot of Metro police, who are Ryan men, will be there too. Unfortunately the game will not be close but Ryan will not quit. They do not have the athletes to compete with BA this year. Also, you cannot get on the field after the game.

DS, insightful post. I like hearing the perspective of a Ryan supporter. I haven't been to the new facility yet, but I've heard great things.

I plan on parking on I-65 south, leave emergency flashers on, hop the fence, hang out and watch game in the private parking lot with with a few old Ryan buddies with red plastic cups and watch the game.

This parking situation at Ryan reminds me of Opryland USA. You park in this big parking lot and wait and wait and wait in line for the shuttle to take you to the park so you could go ride the "Flume Zoom".

BA 49 Ryan 7

DS, insightful post. I like hearing the perspective of a Ryan supporter. I haven't been to the new facility yet, but I've heard great things.

The parking isn't great, but Ryan does a wonderful job shuttling people in. It is a wonderful facility and a great atmosphere. The type of facility fitting for a school with Ryan's history and tradition.

• Upvote 1

I plan on parking on I-65 south, leave emergency flashers on, hop the fence, hang out and watch game in the private parking lot with with a few old Ryan buddies with red plastic cups and watch the game.

This parking situation at Ryan reminds me of Opryland USA. You park in this big parking lot and wait and wait and wait in line for the shuttle to take you to the park so you could go ride the "Flume Zoom".

BA 49 Ryan 7

This is a beautiful post.

Final, BA 31-10 but it sure as heck was not easy. Ryan played hard and made us work for it. Absolute army of fans....huge crowd. Will have to tighten up to beat ENS.

One can only imagine what type of crowd Father Ryan would have if they had a football program that competed for championships every year.