(1A) AP Poll Oct. 10th

theGURU

History teaches us that these teams are always overrated??????????? Just because they have not finished 1st at the end does not make them overrated. However only 2 years ago Union City came out of this overrated bunch and won it all. They beat Wayne County to get to the championship game and that game was closer than the final score. Union City also beat SP in the Championship. That year Huntingdon & Union City beat each other once each. Put it this way the last few years the tougher part of the bracket has been the WEST teams over all. South Pitt may have a good thing going over there but the west teams have been a lot like the SEC they have beaten each other up to get to the Championship. Looks to be the same this year. SP & G'ville may be the best in the east but there are several teams in the west that will have to fight all the way through. When Huntingdon, WC, & PC are all unbeaten with JB & Clarksville Acd. setting there with good records and all of them could (probably not)end up in the same quad, who then has the toughest road to get to the top?

SP mercy ruled 2 out of the last 3 teams they met in the finals. SP took a whipping on the line against UC, but was leading 29/28 with 6 secs when U.C. kicked a field goal. Also, in 2008 SP lost a slug-out with T.C. 6 out of 6 times the SP-TC game was won by the eventual state champ. My point is the East hasn't always been a cake walk.

SP mercy ruled 2 out of the last 3 teams they met in the finals. SP took a whipping on the line against UC, but was leading 29/28 with 6 secs when U.C. kicked a field goal. Also, in 2008 SP lost a slug-out with T.C. 6 out of 6 times the SP-TC game was won by the eventual state champ. My point is the East hasn't always been a cake walk.

I'm not saying that SP isn't the #1 team in 1A. I believe that until they either get beat by a 1A team or loose in the playoffs or Championship that they are still #1. G'ville may be the best team in 1A but until they beat SP they aren't in my book. From what I can tell from my view is that is the only game that will count for the east playoff side. The west will have several big games to play before the west shakes out as to who is really the best team.

Well if I had to Rank them it would look like this.

#1 South Pittsburgh (until they are put out they are on top)

#2 Perry County

#3 Wayne County(PC beat them last year so they have to beat PC to be considered better)

#4 Gordonsville (only losses are to 2 powerhouse teams)

#5 Huntingdon(1 really nice win but they wont beat PC or WC when semis role around)

lmao..... :thumb:

Don't know who is number one but I do know it either Huntingdon or South Pitt. I would expect that teams like Perry and Wayne Co. would have their supporters..but these people are thinking with their hearts and not their heads. Those are basketball schools. Can you honestly imagine Wayne or Perry playing Milan or Signal Mtn in football? No you can't,,do you know why you can't??? Sure you do... :rolleyes:

History teaches us that these teams are always overrated??????????? Just because they have not finished 1st at the end does not make them overrated. However only 2 years ago Union City came out of this overrated bunch and won it all. They beat Wayne County to get to the championship game and that game was closer than the final score. Union City also beat SP in the Championship. That year Huntingdon & Union City beat each other once each. Put it this way the last few years the tougher part of the bracket has been the WEST teams over all. South Pitt may have a good thing going over there but the west teams have been a lot like the SEC they have beaten each other up to get to the Championship. Looks to be the same this year. SP & G'ville may be the best in the east but there are several teams in the west that will have to fight all the way through. When Huntingdon, WC, & PC are all unbeaten with JB & Clarksville Acd. setting there with good records and all of them could (probably not)end up in the same quad, who then has the toughest road to get to the top?

This is a good post and makes sense.......I remember being shocked when WC lost...I had thought it was finally going to happen and like I said earlier if we can heal and G'Ville doesn't knock us out then it may happen yet. It's early but fun to think about...

Don't know who is number one but I do know it either Huntingdon or South Pitt. I would expect that teams like Perry and Wayne Co. would have their supporters..but these people are thinking with their hearts and not their heads. Those are basketball schools. Can you honestly imagine Wayne or Perry playing Milan or Signal Mtn in football? No you can't,,do you know why you can't??? Sure you do... :rolleyes:

You good sir don't have a clue. SP and Signal are side by side. Huntingdon and Milan are side by side. They play teams near them and we play teams near us. Makes sense when you think about it. Someone refresh my memory. What team Mercy Ruled every West TM team they played in 1A Quad 4 last year?

You good sir don't have a clue. SP and Signal are side by side. Huntingdon and Milan are side by side. They play teams near them and we play teams near us. Makes sense when you think about it. Someone refresh my memory. What team Mercy Ruled every West TM team they played in 1A Quad 4 last year?

GURU you should delete your account :roflol:

Jo Byrns 45 Perry Co. 12