Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

I have stayed out of this but I did see one report on the news tonight say that he probably would play next week!

It's my understanding that he has now been ruled to be eligible and will play. However, the wins in the first 6 games are still vacated. Not sure how all of this has come about since the appeal was denied, but something has obviously happened. Also noticed from the report in the TFP it was a majority decision and not unanimous. Again, something happened and I can't wait to seeing a copy of the ruling. I'm actually shocked that it isn't already online.

It's my understanding that he has now been ruled to be eligible and will play. However, the wins in the first 6 games are still vacated. Not sure how all of this has come about since the appeal was denied, but something has obviously happened. Also noticed from the report in the TFP it was a majority decision and not unanimous. Again, something happened and I can't wait to seeing a copy of the ruling. I'm actually shocked that it isn't already online.

Remember, Tommy Layne recused himself so that would be the reason it wasn't unanimous.

If Signal Mtn plays the ineligible player against Sequatchie Co, the TSSAA will kick the school out of the association and they won't be able to play football or any sport in this state. That's the rule. I don't think I would risk that.

The lawyer is saying he can play, I've seen zero from the TSSAA indicating that's right.

They would never play the kid if he has been ruled ineligible by TSSAA. I know that Signal Mountain has asked itself this question. Who is liable if #3 does play against Sequatchie County and gets hurt? If he is ineligible would he still be covered under the school's insurance, TSSAA catastrophic insurance or his own insurance policy?

#3 has to sit out one calendar year from his last participation in practice or game from LFO or one calendar year from the last game LFO played last year?

Edited by Bill#49