Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

yes they can. if not sure pick up the phone and call they. being brash think you'll knew everthing cost you 6 win.

It wasn't being brash it was interpreting rules that can be interpreted in different ways that cost us 6 wins. I would agree they should be able to change with out issue. But apparently the only way they can change on a rezoning or reassignment and maintain eligibility is to move or apply for a hardship. And this is just plain stupid. I also don't think it's what the TSSAA meant by this but it's what it says.

The following transfer students are eligible:

c. The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or reassignment of students by the local school system

I don't understand how that could be confusing. Say EH's zone changes and some are again zoned for Ooltewah (hypothetical), they'd be immediately eligible at Ooltewah if they had the grade, etc, requirements.

Edited by Indian

The following transfer students are eligible:

c. The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or reassignment of students by the local school system

I agree what have copied is Section 12c and Tim was reassigned and Hamilton County called it a reassignment. However the TSSAA says " Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:"

Again here is Section 13a Ineligible Transfer. "a. A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents;" Pretty clear there isn't any way 12c would ever apply to a student with an athletic record.

A zone change affecting numerous students and an individual hardship approved by the local school system are different situations. Should have just stayed at LFO.

Where does it say this in the handbook. I have been looking for it. But they lump re-zoning or reassignment in the same sentence so that says to me they handle them the same. Not sure how else you could interpret this unless you make something that isn't in the book up.

Where does it say this in the handbook. I have been looking for it. But they lump re-zoning or reassignment in the same sentence so that says to me they handle them the same. Not sure how else you could interpret this unless you make something that isn't in the book up.

They are different situations, whether it's in a book or not. How are you defining reassignment.

MAN WHY DONT YOU ALL JUST LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE? U ALL SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD!!