Lake Co at Humboldt

mrbigster

I can't recall which NFL game I was watching but the commentator made a statement about a team that was guaranteed to win. He said “the only way the game would be close was if this team elected to throwâ€. In other words – their running game could control the game, prevent turnovers and was unstoppable. The only way they would turn the ball over was to attempt to past it. They would turn it over on downs or by interceptions. I feel this in Humboldt’s case; don’t throw it unless it’s totally necessary. I think we attempted 2 passes but only threw the ball once, the other the QB scampered for the first down. Still doesn’t mean that we cannot pass. Now I may have missed something because the game was so exciting.

I did see some awful sportsmanship on LC even before the game ever started. Dancing on the 50, or on our “H†and spitting on it. Totally uncaused for – so I feel you on the negative remarks against a teammate and see how it can happen. That slow A- kept the nice passes going, so pay that no attention and I hope he doesn’t either. He was a pretty darn good QB I must say. Yes I saw passes hit players in the numbers and I thought “they can pass but dang they can’t catch†Now I loved the slant to the TE, I was waiting on Humboldt to get a good hit on him, but it never happened they just started defending it. Now passing at will is ok, but you still have to cross the goal line and that just wasn’t happening against that D.

Now back to the game: I didn’t call names before the game but I will now. Bigster you spoke of Brooks before the game, but what you didn’t know was you saw two of the fastest players on our team score: 1 was Mclilly on the double reverse and the other being McCorry on the pick-6. These two fellows ran on our track team which placed 3rd in the state last year. Now Wedley, he’s that beast I spoke of earlier and I think you will agree – he’s a beast, CC Moody he just does his thing whatever, wherever and whenever asked.

Good game Humboldt, and we can pass – We just haven’t had to. :thumb:

I think this player does these things because he is emotional and wants to win.Wasnt trying to start a post to slam our players.Didnt see what you are referring too at mid field.But I also saw #58 for Humboldt doing a little extra stuff after plays last night and probably should have had a penalty called.The double reverse hurt but Lake Co stopped themselves.Part of the game but no way that score reflected the game.Could have very easily been 21-14 late in the 3rd quarter had Lake co tried to sneak it in again.Lake Co moved the ball.And on a warmer night,those passes are caught.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, LC moved the ball with the passes but when the field shorten they couldn't score, don't understand why Humboldt DB's were 10 yards off the line giving up 10-15 yard pass plays! Yes, Humboldt must beat UC & don't know if they would be co-champs if UC wins! Bigster, hard hitting causes fumbles & pressure on QB causes bad passes & in the first quartet Vikes didn't even capitalize on the three fumbles which resulted I'n 0-0 first quarter score. The Vikes defense bent but didn't break, good luck to LC I'n playoffs but better team won, just sayin!

A couple of those passes I dont think was from pressure,just thought he overthrew them.Seems like one bounced off our receiver.On one I thought he had a back coming out of the back field that he couldm have thrown to and picked up a first down but went deeper and was picked off.Humboldt looked ok on offense but didnt think they were as pyysical as Union City other than #32 for Humboldt.I think Union City will play the run better than Lake Co whereas a team can throw on them.Yall say your quarterback can throw,he seems to have a good arm but just slings it.Not sure if he's what I consider a passer.He's what I think is go out 35 yards and I hope you can run under it.If not,going over your head by 5 yards.I'm thinking Union City will give Humboldt a good game.We'll see.

I think this player does these things because he is emotional and wants to win.Wasnt trying to start a post to slam our players.Didnt see what you are referring too at mid field.But I also saw #58 for Humboldt doing a little extra stuff after plays last night and probably should have had a penalty called.The double reverse hurt but Lake Co stopped themselves.Part of the game but no way that score reflected the game.Could have very easily been 21-14 late in the 3rd quarter had Lake co tried to sneak it in again.Lake Co moved the ball.And on a warmer night,those passes are caught.

Well it's getting cold bigster, and the run rules over the pass. I wasn't trying to slam your players. Humboldt's rep has been smeared in the ground from outsiders and we have a great group of loving kids, Killers on the field, but loving off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway back to the game, although Humboldt has trouble defending the pass, it has to be thrown and caught. Handoff's don't - so confucious says it's easier to win a game running than it is passing. Bottom Line: Humboldt won't pass unless you make them, then you will see that we can throw the same kind of passes you threw. And defense picks off passes - that's what we did. Show us a crisp passing team, we've shown a crisp picking team. I think we lead the district in pick-sixes. :thumb:

Edited by VikeTheKing

A couple of those passes I dont think was from pressure,just thought he overthrew them.Seems like one bounced off our receiver.On one I thought he had a back coming out of the back field that he couldm have thrown to and picked up a first down but went deeper and was picked off.Humboldt looked ok on offense but didnt think they were as pyysical as Union City other than #32 for Humboldt.I think Union City will play the run better than Lake Co whereas a team can throw on them.Yall say your quarterback can throw,he seems to have a good arm but just slings it.Not sure if he's what I consider a passer.He's what I think is go out 35 yards and I hope you can run under it.If not,going over your head by 5 yards.I'm thinking Union City will give Humboldt a good game.We'll see.

LOL, so now your jumping on UC bandwagon!! Well, we don't have to worry about UC throwing as much as LC so Our defense should be ready & for your comment that UC is physical then Humboldt, your just showing your furstration due to lost!!! QB does what play is called & if we couldn't throw, it should have made it easy for your defense to stop us. We ran the ball because you couldn't stop the run (376 yards rushing) & you say we are not physical, LOL. Humboldt did what they did to win the game but I assure you we will pass when we have too!!! Good Luck in the playoffs & stop trying to find reasons or excuses to why LC lost, it was because they got beat by a better team, Humboldt gave you the short passes but when it was time to shut you down they did, end of story!!

As, I stated in the early post our QB is just a sophmore so he will only get better. UC might play well against the Vikes but I bet you the Vikes will not take them likely!! We will see which team is more physical come Friday!!!

Also, the Vikes only attempted two passes but really didn't have to pass because LC couldn't stop the run consistence basis. The Vikes probably had over three hundred yards rushing & utilizing multiple backs but need to pass atleast ten times I'n a game just my opinion. Bigster maybe LC could have scored another TD but the Vikes are still 14 points better than LC, you must admit! On the pass plays are player was wide open on the bomb but was just a little to long. The sophomore QB has a arm and will get better over the years!

Humbolt has a good team. Don't know if they are good enough to get to state title game. The Vikes did have over 3 hundred rushing yards but the falcons had 225 and over 100 passing. Turnovers was the key to the ballgame. Not sure Humbolt is 14 points better but they were 28 points better last night. Anyway good luck to the Vikes the rest of the year.

As, I stated in the early post our QB is just a sophmore so he will only get better. UC might play well against the Vikes but I bet you the Vikes will not take them likely!! We will see which team is more physical come Friday!!!

I thought he did a fine job.Congrats to the Vikings and hope they go far in the playoffs.Just wouldnt under estimate the Tornadoes.

Humbolt has a good team. Don't know if they are good enough to get to state title game. The Vikes did have over 3 hundred rushing yards but the falcons had 225 and over 100 passing. Turnovers was the key to the ballgame. Not sure Humbolt is 14 points better but they were 28 points better last night. Anyway good luck to the Vikes the rest of the year.

Yes they did.And I'm sure about 250 of them came on about 3 plays.Lake Co jsut did a poor job of tackling.On one of the long runs,Rafael Tyler and someone else from Lake Co caught up with him and looked like they could have made the tackle around the 10 yard line but instead looked to be trying to strip the ball loose and the player scored.But the Vikings big played Lake Co on both offense and defense and made big plays.

Yes they did.And I'm sure about 250 of them came on about 3 plays.Lake Co jsut did a poor job of tackling.On one of the long runs,Rafael Tyler and someone else from Lake Co caught up with him and looked like they could have made the tackle around the 10 yard line but instead looked to be trying to strip the ball loose and the player scored.But the Vikings big played Lake Co on both offense and defense and made big plays.

That was the full back that they were trying to strip but he is a monster!! As long as the Vikes don't give up no big play touchdowns, there defense will be hard to score against when the field shortens. They are giving up only 11.4 points a game so far this year. It seems as if they start playing when a team is threatening to score, I think LC will do good in playoffs but will have to get by Huntington to advance farther! COOD Luck to Falcon the rest of season!

That was the full back that they were trying to strip but he is a monster!! As long as the Vikes don't give up no big play touchdowns, there defense will be hard to score against when the field shortens. They are giving up only 11.4 points a game so far this year. It seems as if they start playing when a team is threatening to score, I think LC will do good in playoffs but will have to get by Huntington to advance farther! COOD Luck to Falcon the rest of season!

I know it was Weldon.He is hard to bring down.I think the weather will hurt Lake Co down the road.Of course,against PC.,Huntingdon the weather may not matter anyway but can see them losing to someone else that pounds the ball.Some want to keep their hands in their shirts and wear the gloves.

Okay, Bigster and everyone else on here. Humboldt fumbled twice which is uncharacteristic. That stopped two drives that would have ended in points. Those of us that actually have watched the Vikings all year know that when we get to rolling downhill, the only people who stop us is us! The coaches called at least 5 more passes that were play action passes and the quarterback decided to run because no one was in the flat to cover it. This included the run from the goal line to the 13 that got the first down. Our quarterback is at his best on playaction or sprinting out and has thrown 9 TD's in the previous 3 games. Defensively, Humboldt's secondary has had trouble letting receivers behind them in key situations. Lake County has made a living all year throwing it deep when they got behind (see South Fulton, Union City). It appeared that our coaching staff made the decision to make Lake County earn every yard by not allowing Lake County to get a huge play. In addition, the Lake County QB was pressured at least 15 times and threw several balls to his left into the ground. That was exactly where Humboldt was forcing him to throw. Two of the high passes came with our #63 in his face. Bigster, your credibility is not very good when you make a comment that Humboldt is not very physical when they ran the off-tackle play 20 times in a row and smashed the front 8. Your comment about players going for the strip is rewriting history as well. On one run, Wedley dragged 4 people into the endzone. On the double reverse, your players were shouting that Brooks was getting the ball. They had scouted film. The coaches threw a loop into that! On that play, Wedley was the lead blocker and your player kept running backwards because he did not want to get mashed. A team does not rush for 380 yards between the tackles without being physical. Finally, I am so proud of how our boys worked together. Lake County's plan was to stop Humboldt's tailback and spread. The team responded by having the fullback wear out the defense and several times the tailback was 25 yards downfield blocking for him. They then started getting the tailback the ball on the option and toss and every player on the offense was downfield with 3rd and 4th blocks! On McCorry's TD int return, he should have been tackled, but he slowed down to allow 6 Vikings to catch up and get around him and they blocked a path for him. Humboldt has a great "TEAM"! We show respect to our opponents. Our coaches would never allow a player to stomp and spit on the middle of the opponents' field. The same player was dancing while Humboldt's band played when y'all were down 21 points. I don't know if you noticed, but the majority of the "soft-hitting" plays that the Humboldt offense ran went right at that player.

Anyhow, good luck to Lake County in the playoffs. You have a great team that can score at will. You scored 52 points versus Union City. That was impressive! I hope we can beat them by at least 1 point. The way you have presented this, we probably don't have a shot. But our players are on a mission and I think that they will be ready!

I can't recall which NFL game I was watching but the commentator made a statement about a team that was guaranteed to win. He said “the only way the game would be close was if this team elected to throwâ€. In other words – their running game could control the game, prevent turnovers and was unstoppable. The only way they would turn the ball over was to attempt to past it. They would turn it over on downs or by interceptions. I feel this in Humboldt’s case; don’t throw it unless it’s totally necessary. I think we attempted 2 passes but only threw the ball once, the other the QB scampered for the first down. Still doesn’t mean that we cannot pass. Now I may have missed something because the game was so exciting.

I did see some awful sportsmanship on LC even before the game ever started. Dancing on the 50, or on our “H†and spitting on it. Totally uncaused for – so I feel you on the negative remarks against a teammate and see how it can happen. That slow A- kept the nice passes going, so pay that no attention and I hope he doesn’t either. He was a pretty darn good QB I must say. Yes I saw passes hit players in the numbers and I thought “they can pass but dang they can’t catch†Now I loved the slant to the TE, I was waiting on Humboldt to get a good hit on him, but it never happened they just started defending it. Now passing at will is ok, but you still have to cross the goal line and that just wasn’t happening against that D.

Now back to the game: I didn’t call names before the game but I will now. Bigster you spoke of Brooks before the game, but what you didn’t know was you saw two of the fastest players on our team score: 1 was Mclilly on the double reverse and the other being McCorry on the pick-6. These two fellows ran on our track team which placed 3rd in the state last year. Now Wedley, he’s that beast I spoke of earlier and I think you will agree – he’s a beast, CC Moody he just does his thing whatever, wherever and whenever asked.

Good game Humboldt, and we can pass – We just haven’t had to. :thumb:

I would not exactly call Humboldt's sportsmanship great. A whole lot of cheap shots and not to even mention the Aaron Rodgers' title belt celebration on touchdowns. I can not complain about that the kids had something to be excited about because they won the game. I do not know if we would of won but I think we could be right there just look at yardage. Lake County killed themselves most of the night with turnovers and penalties. That is no one's fault but ours. I think the key to the game was the goal line stand, if LC scores it a 1 possession game and we would of had momentum. However, Humboldt made a big stop and I would say that sort of broke our backs, so to speak. Congrats to Humboldt and good luck to the vikings the rest of the year.