Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

A fullback in college?? Was Blount from Oregon a FB in college?? Is Richardson from Alabama?? Is Ware from LSU?? Or what about Gerhart from Stanford...?? These are all guys who are way bigger than Roland... And none of them are 4.2 or 4.3 guys either... Roland is a big back compared to Memphis backs... If you go to Texas, Alabama,Georgia, or Florida running backs from there range from 5'10-6'3 and weigh between 180-240... Roland is not big at all compared to the guys I just named he just seems big cause Memphis has got accustom to the smaller type of backs or scat backs... Which in college will be put in the slot 95% of the time... And nowadays if you watch college football, if there happens to be a fullback in the game he is either your backup tigh-end or a defensive guy that they use in special packages... So him being a fullback in college is highly unlikely...

Richardson is a 4.3 40 guy. Blount was a 4.4 40 guy... Those two Big Backs are Special NFL caliber. Even Gerhart ran a 4.4 in the Combine I believe. I don't understand the comparison with Genesy and the folks that you mentioned. #36 is not that caliber of back and I can tell now. Maybe not a Fullback in college but I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing on the defensive side of the ball if he goes to a D1 school.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Ok - I have seen all of these guys in person except for Walton.

For what it is worth, this is my top 5 list:

1) Brian Kimbrow - East - This guy does what he does with VERY little O-line play in front of him. He has incredible hips with the ability to fit through holes others cannot and has great speed. Put him behind the O-line of a team like MUS and he puts up video game type numbers.

2) Javon Robinson - Wooddale - He is not putting up the numbers, but from a pure talent perspective, he is very good. Auburn seems to agree.

3) Jaylen Walton - Ridgeway - He is a homerun hitter that is a danger to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

4) Jordan Wilkins - St. Benedict - It is hard to do much against stiffer competition when he is the ONLY weapon St. Benedict has. And this kid is just a junior. He is a stud and may be the best in the city next year. Also plays behind an average at best O-line.

5) Roland Genesy - Millington - A bruising, straight ahead runner that is not going to get arm tackled. Has ok speed, but that is not his strength. His strength is running hard and running through defenders. I see him as a FB at the college level.

So - if your argument is that Genesy is a top 5 back, I agree. Just think there are better backs in the area. Just my opinion.

Genesy is not a better player than Sheldon Dawson! Dawson is a SPECIAL TALENT in the Shelby Metro Area. I will also put your #5 Back on this list up against Lil Marcus Holiday from Fairley and Whitehaven's Own Mark Dodson and I'd have to choose one of those two over #36. Mind you I love Dodson as he is a Whitehaven guy but You don't see me hyping him up for Mr. Football so you must know I am as unbiased as can be. ^_^

And I said 4.2 or a 4.3 guy.... Richardson is a 4.3 guy(4.37 actually) so yea he is the only exception to that list... But I wasn't comparing him to none of those players... I was saying that Roland is not anywhere near the size of those running backs so how could he possibly be a full back in college...

Cedric Miller II is a better back after watching film and seeing Miller. He's faster has good size and has track speed( 4.4, 4.5) guy and has excellent vision. He leads the city in scoring and is a threat catching and returning kicks. Kid has to be the most improved player from his junior to senior year.

• Upvote 1

Now we all kno stats don't matter.... But like everybody says, numbers dnt lie... And there are only 2 backs in this city with more rushing yards than #36... So no I will not believe that Holliday is a better back... Fairly plays Mitchell, MAHS, Oakhaven,Carver, and Hillcrest...Im sure Holliday got off on those teams with big numbers...And if #36 would have played against those teams he would of averaged 300 yards easily!!! The only 2 backs that are ahead of Roland in yards are Kimbrow and Walton... Wilkins was 4th... So I'm done with the argument cuz people lie, opinions lie, but numbers dnt.... So I guess the 3rd leading rusher in Memphis is just good enough for Millington!!! Lol... And I'm sure their will be an excuse why his numbers are better than Hollidays or Dobson or everybody else that was named... The only exception to that list is Lowe and if he wasn't hurt I'm sure he would be 3rd in the city and #36 would be fourth...

Now we all kno stats don't matter.... But like everybody says, numbers dnt lie... And there are only 2 backs in this city with more rushing yards than #36... So no I will not believe that Holliday is a better back... Fairly plays Mitchell, MAHS, Oakhaven,Carver, and Hillcrest...Im sure Holliday got off on those teams with big numbers...And if #36 would have played against those teams he would of averaged 300 yards easily!!! The only 2 backs that are ahead of Roland in yards are Kimbrow and Walton... Wilkins was 4th... So I'm done with the argument cuz people lie, opinions lie, but numbers dnt.... So I guess the 3rd leading rusher in Memphis is just good enough for Millington!!! Lol... And I'm sure their will be an excuse why his numbers are better than Hollidays or Dobson or everybody else that was named... The only exception to that list is Lowe and if he wasn't hurt I'm sure he would be 3rd in the city and #36 would be fourth...

AMEN!!!! ROLAND GENESY

Very well said Mark.

Roland Genesy

Position RB

Height 6'0

Weight 215

The Millington Trojan Coaching Staff and Football Booster Club is asking for your consideration in voting for Roland Genesy from Millington Central High School for the 2011 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football AAA Back of the Year. The Trojans were 4-6 last year and missed the playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years. Behind Genesy's leadership both on and off the field, the Trojans are 8-1 this year and play for the district championship vs Arlington this week.

Running in a Wing-T offense, Roland has rushed for 1,496 yds on 156 carries, a 9.6 avg with 21 TD. This has come in only 29 quarters through 9 games which is the equivalent of playing in just over 7 games. He has 9 straight 100 yd games this season and going back to last year when he became the starter, 12 of his last 13 games have gone for at least 100. This year Roland has had 39 carries of 10 or more yds and only 2 plays for negative yardage. Roland has fully qualified academically for college as well.

He is a major part of the success of the Trojan football team this year and we hope that you would please consider voting for Roland Genesy for the 2011 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Back of the Year.