South Pitt, Huntingdon Wayne County, or Perry County

LeggoStangs

Did WC 's season end last year when we whipped yall? We are in the playoffs see you soon! PC VIKINGS!

I didnt say yalls season ended, I was saying that Guru dont have much to run his mouth about on this thread anymore, and last years win in triple OT was hardly a whipping, the difference in this years game and last was WC underestimated PC and this year they didnt. Good luck in the playoffs.

Well from a neutral spectator who has seen South Pitt, Wayne, and Perry play. South Pitt is head and shoulders better than Wayne and Perry. I don't know how good Huntingdon is so I can not comment on them. I am not trying to disrespect Wayne and Perry they both have good 1A teams but South Pitt is a different animal.

I will tell you what it means. Programs like South Pitt and Gordonsville are built on tradition, pride, and respect. The reason South Pitt and Gordonsville are where they are today is because of the foundations that have been laid for decades. When teams line up against these two teams there is already a mental factor in play. Also, both teams this year are loaded with talent. That talent wants to uphold the tradition and foundation that has been laid but previous teams. Your previous comments show you just have very little knowledge of what Single A football is in Tennessee.

Just out of curiosity, how many state titles has Gordonsville won compared to Huntington.....

Just out of curiosity, how many state titles has Gordonsville won compared to Huntington.....

Huntington has one State Title and two Runnerups and an overall playoff record of 33 wins and 19 losses. Gordonsville has one State Title and 1 Runnerup and an overall playoff record of 32 wins and 24 losses. Both teams have numerous quarterfinal and semifinal appearances. There have been years where many across the state have considered the South Pitt/Gordonsville playoff game the state championship game as well as South Pitt/Trousdale in Class A. Gordonsville and Trousdale are in the same Region and have been foes for a long time. I know there is a great deal of respect between those three programs. The only reason I chimed in was due to the initial statement by a previous poster stating only real football will be played in Quad 3 and South Pitt would have a cakewalk to the Championship. Being a proud supporter of Gordonsville Football since kindergarden I responded. Based on what I have seen to this point in this season, I do believe Gordonsville and South Pitt will meet in the semi finals and really believe that may actually be the two best teams in Class A this season. I have seen some of the West Tn Teams on film including Huntington and that is what I am basing my thoughts on. As a true longtime fan of single A football I respect any opponent we have and respect all programs who play the way football should be played.