Another Shooting in Memphis Near HS FB Game

bellgo

The utter AUDACITY of you Folks from the Middle and East Tenn amazes me. In the city of good abode we have some fools. It is what It is. There is crime and people who own guns throughout this State. If you have to come to Memphis for a game and ACTUALLY believe you're going to get shot, just stay home... As a person who was born and bred in Memphis I'll be darned if you folks talk about my city like its a war zone. Its not! Its just a sad incident that happens when you got a city full of want to be thugs. Of all the HS Football games that have happened this year this has only been reported twice. I mean come on now. It's bad but not as bad as you people would like it to be. <_<

The utter AUDACITY of you Folks from the Middle and East Tenn amazes me. In the city of good abode we have some fools. It is what It is. There is crime and people who own guns throughout this State. If you have to come to Memphis for a game and ACTUALLY believe you're going to get shot, just stay home... As a person who was born and bred in Memphis I'll be darned if you folks talk about my city like its a war zone. Its not! Its just a sad incident that happens when you got a city full of want to be thugs. Of all the HS Football games that have happened this year this has only been reported twice. I mean come on now. It's bad but not as bad as you people would like it to be. <_<

I'm sorry I want to avoid your city and that I'd rather NOT go to there for a game. I'd be worried someone would think I looked at them wrong.. I'm sorry I dont want to be shot... I know it could happen anywhere but obviously it's more prevalent there.

And for the record this is the 3rd time this season.

I'd also like to add that i know for a fact of a certain player on a football team down there who has posted on twitter. I go to such and such school and I don't even want to go to the home games in which I play and I'm On the team.

So obviously it's just not middle and east tenneseeans who don't want to come.

Sad thing is,not a lot of money would be lost.There are a lot of games played in Memphis where 100-150 paying "fans" would cover the entire attendance.Very inconvienant for the teams/fans,but maybe a secure,neutral field should be chosen and play 4 games there on Saturday in a few locations citywide.Daylight seems to dissuade some of the "thugs" brashness,and security would be easier for officials.Just a thought,maybe not plausable,but something has to be done.

That's sad, and I agree 100%

I would like for it to be nonexistant.You(not me) said "a city full of want to be thugs".My school came to Memphis to play a sectional BB game a few years ago and the police warned us to"disregard the traffic light on the corner and don't stop unless there's a car approaching",then we walked in through a metal detector.It is what it is,and it's tragic that good folks like you(I'm assuming)have to hear it from everyone else,but it's a real situation and needs to be addressed.If it makes you feel better I was as well treated once inside the school as I've ever been anywhere,not saying that the problem is school related,just that there's a problem.

I'm sorry I want to avoid your city and that I'd rather NOT go to there for a game. I'd be worried someone would think I looked at them wrong.. I'm sorry I dont want to be shot... I know it could happen anywhere but obviously it's more prevalent there.

And for the record this is the 3rd time this season.

I'd also like to add that i know for a fact of a certain player on a football team down there who has posted on twitter. I go to such and such school and I don't even want to go to the home games in which I play and I'm On the team.

So obviously it's just not middle and east tenneseeans who don't want to come.

You know why that player said that? He's prolly mad that he doesn't play because he isn't any good and wants to blow something out of proportion. I understand that you might be concerned for the safety of yourself and your players, but the city of Memphis does everything they can to keep players and spectators safe during games. If you think that the city will not take extra measures after this incident, you are mistaken.

You know why that player said that? He's prolly mad that he doesn't play because he isn't any good and wants to blow something out of proportion. I understand that you might be concerned for the safety of yourself and your players, but the city of Memphis does everything they can to keep players and spectators safe during games. If you think that the city will not take extra measures after this incident, you are mistaken.

I don't know if he is good or not or of he doesn't play. Maybe someone on here can tell me since I don't keep up with memphis football...

I went back and looked his name up just for y'all

Jamarius Julious and he plays for Raleigh Egypt

Regardless, I'm sure they have been taking extra precautions since the 1st one but it isn't working. I wish nothing but the best of luck to Memphis and was simply stating my opinion.

The utter AUDACITY of you Folks from the Middle and East Tenn amazes me. In the city of good abode we have some fools. It is what It is. There is crime and people who own guns throughout this State. If you have to come to Memphis for a game and ACTUALLY believe you're going to get shot, just stay home... As a person who was born and bred in Memphis I'll be darned if you folks talk about my city like its a war zone. Its not! Its just a sad incident that happens when you got a city full of want to be thugs. Of all the HS Football games that have happened this year this has only been reported twice. I mean come on now. It's bad but not as bad as you people would like it to be.

No I think people just want to feel safe no matter where they go. There are places everywhere that some people will not take there family. Nothing personal against you or Memphis. But as far as "us people" wanting or liking anything bad to happen such as that is a bit much don't you think? Sure we want bad things to happen in Memphis. Seriously?

Edited by milo118

When they refer to football in Memphis they are talking about a very large area. I'm not sure how many area HS Football teams there are but probably as many as there are in the rest of the state combined. Beyond popular belief when they say "memphis" football they could be referring to any teams inside of Shelby County and maybe even some small surrounding areas. So as bad as "Memphis' reputation is I can promise you there are many HS football stadiums you can attend and be as safe as most of the ones through out the rest of the state. So please don't be so quick to judge all of us based on a couple experiences you've had. If any of you are so lucky enough to make some playoffs games are are "forced to come to Memphis I hope you can Tour the rest of the area and Enjoy yourself.

Mephis was recently ranked as the #1 most dangerous city in the country. I had a familymember go down there for business earlier this year and they told me that they would never go back.

then your family member doesn't need to go back.....recently..this post ranked as the dumbest post on Coacht for 2011....and someone told me they'd never read it again!

I don't know if he is good or not or of he doesn't play. Maybe someone on here can tell me since I don't keep up with memphis football...

I went back and looked his name up just for y'all

Jamarius Julious and he plays for Raleigh Egypt

Regardless, I'm sure they have been taking extra precautions since the 1st one but it isn't working. I wish nothing but the best of luck to Memphis and was simply stating my opinion.

That makes complete sense. Raleigh Egypt is TERRIBLE. Only time they seem to ever get points on the board is when other teams are up big and call off the dogs, putting 2nd and 3rd string in.

I went to the finish of the East/Craigmont game last night and there was plenty of Police presence - uniformed officers and the tactical unit.