Alcoa @ CAK

F5seekshelter

I certainly hope so. However, I'm not sure the outcome of a rematch would/will be any different with CAK being any closer to 100% physically???? I guess time will tell....

Due to the great respect CAK has for Alcoa and the importance of the game, several banged up players suited up and played for the Warriors. Kudos for their heart and effort, but one VERY important part of our team is #25 and he simply couldn't go Friday night. He tested things out in pre-game but the decision was made to hold him out and let him continue to heal, although they did allow him to hold on PAT's and the field goal. If a rematch does occur then it could be a much hyped barn burner if both teams are full strength and the field conditions are good.

Good luck to our district brethren next week in round 1. Hopefully all will stay healthy.

I talked to my dad last night and as I told him we (Alcoa fans) have been spoiled! For those of us who were honest, we knew that this team was not of the caliber of the last few teams, especially the 2009 and 2010 versions. Also while we are on the honesty highway, CAK has had state championship teams those years, but what was in their way was the "real" F5! Again, congratulations Warriors you deserve the win...this is your year!!! We had 7 unbelieveable years and a streak that will be hard to duplicate for any team. 7 is completion Time to regroup Alcoa...it will not be long before you will be top dog again!!!!

Edited by alcoafan72

Alcoa is the standard by which other programs measure themselves. 7 state championships in a row is truly amazing. I think I can speak for other CAK fans when I say thank you for the classy posts from your fans after last Friday's game. The Tornadoes always play hard and with class on the field.

But there is a lot of football yet to play in 2011. In my humble opinion, Alcoa is the team to beat to get to the state championship game. They have earned that distinction and respect. CAK is playing its best football late in the season as the defense has continued to make progress all year. Can the Warriors get healthy or do they add to the list of injured? Can they stay focused or do they have a hang over after the Alcoa game?

I fully expect the Tornadoes to play against Tyner with a vengeance. I hear Tyner has a pretty good ball team, but I would not want to be them this Friday. Bottom line is that if I were a betting man, my money would be on CAK or Alcoa to represent the east in the championship game. But there is a lot of football between now and then...

I talked to my dad last night and as I told him we (Alcoa fans) have been spoiled! For those of us who were honest, we knew that this team was not of the caliber of the last few teams, especially the 2009 and 2010 versions. Also while we are on the honesty highway, CAK has had state championship teams those years, but what was in their way was the "real" F5! Again, congratulations Warriors you deserve the win...this is your year!!! We had 7 unbelieveable years and a streak that will be hard to duplicate for any team. 7 is completion Time to regroup Alcoa...it will not be long before you will be top dog again!!!!

Congratulations to CAK. That was a butt whoopin!

Thank you for your congratulations. The Alcoa fans have been very gracious in defeat. Maybe our AD will allow us to put the district championship plaque in our new trophy case. Practically every sport team at our school has something in there except our football team, thanks to the Tornadoes, ha. We would love to add a gold ball BUT that is a very long way away right now and we know any chance of getting one will have to be through tornado alley. In all sincerity Alcoa has set the bar very high and any team that accepts the challenge to try and meet that standard can't help but get better.

On a side note, every last player on our defense that I have spoken with have said that Vanderbilt Hammrick is the nicest guy they have ever played against to be such a competitor. He represents Alcoa very well.

If we meet again this year in the playoffs I'm sure it will be a very challenging game for my Warriors. We've got a long ways to go beyond winning just one game against Alcoa, but I guess we have at least got that first victory behind us now. Good luck to Alcoa and all the other District 4 AA teams in the playoffs for injury free, competitive games. :thumb:

hmmmmm, where have I heard this before? Oh yea..Ive been saying it for over a year now and was downgraded and ridiculed over it.

Bitter? yes...yes I am!

I have followed Alcoa football since 1969, at a lot of different levels. I am proud that we have been humble in defeat, but I expect the Tornadoes to back on top before long. I am also extremely proud of the streak that we have developed. All athletes need to experience both wins and losses to become better people.

Amen!

hmmmmm, where have I heard this before? Oh yea..Ive been saying it for over a year now and was downgraded and ridiculed over it.

Bitter? yes...yes I am!

Those that came down on you did so because of several reasons, one may have been having to face a hard truth within themselves.But from what I read, most didn't like what you said-more so how you said it! A dynasty might fall, but character is built on how you deal with adversity. This to shall pass! yes it (losing) leaves a bitter taste, but Alcoa will rise to the top again, if and only if they handle adversity well.

I have an honest question to the Alcoa faithful. I know that no one can have the talent every year that you all have had the last few years, and every team is going to have highs and lows, but watching Alcoa Friday night...something was missing. I mean other than the fact that you are not as talented as years past, there was just something missing, I can't put my finger on it, but it just wasn't like watching the Alcoa that I am used to watching. The only thing that I can come up with after two days of thinking about it is chemistry and I wonder what would have messed up the chemistry on a team with so many championships and the only thing I can find that is different is #15. So, now to my question. Is #15 treated the same by the coach as all of the other players? Honest question, not trying to start anything, but something is different other than the fact that Alcoa is not as good as the last few years.