Best Football Team of All Time in TN

JSamson7

I agree that Trousdale has a great Football tradition but they would not be able to compete with the Bigger schools. Also they do not hold the all time points scored in a single season. That belongs to the 2010 Greeneville Greene Devils who scored 748 points and only giving up 136 (most coming way after the starters were taken out) and only giving up 31 points during their 5 play-off games

I disagree, Trousdale may not be able to compete on a yearly basis but they have the type of program that can put teams on the field every now that can compete with anyone. For 5 years they did just that by moving up to 3a and making it to the 3a semifinals their first 2 years in 3a and in 05 they beat the 3a state champs that season as well. Also bigger schools in the area such as Macon County and Smith County check their overall record in the last decade and see how they fair against them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, Trousdale may not be able to compete on a yearly basis but they have the type of program that can put teams on the field every now that can compete with anyone. For 5 years they did just that by moving up to 3a and making it to the 3a semifinals their first 2 years in 3a and in 05 they beat the 3a state champs that season as well. Also bigger schools in the area such as Macon County and Smith County check their overall record in the last decade and see how they fair against them.

I'm not taking anything away from Trousdale but they would not compete against the Maryville's, Greeneville's, Riverdales, Oak Ridge, DB's, etc. To much depth at the larger schools. You proved my point by saying when they moved up to 3a they had ZERO state championships like they had while in 2a. Macon Co. and Smith Co are not what i would like to call power houses in high school football. Those 2 teams would get their eyes beat in by the schools i've named above. There is a big difference between 1-2A ball and 4-5-6A ball and everyone knows that. :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not taking anything away from Trousdale but they would not compete against the Maryville's, Greeneville's, Riverdales, Oak Ridge, DB's, etc. To much depth at the larger schools. You proved my point by saying when they moved up to 3a they had ZERO state championships like they had while in 2a. Macon Co. and Smith Co are not what i would like to call power houses in high school football. Those 2 teams would get their eyes beat in by the schools i've named above. There is a big difference between 1-2A ball and 4-5-6A ball and everyone knows that. :thumb:

I never said it wasn't and I agree with you that lower classification football is a lot different upper classification football. On a consitant year to year basis Trousdale County would not compete with those teams, but they are the type of program that will be good every year and be a contender to win AA. Also they are the type of program that will put a team together occassionally that would compete with any team across the state.

Edited by swanson71

97-98 TC football teams would have competed with ANY school in the state. hands down. Year in and year out no chance, but on the right year when the stars align TC puts out a lot of talent.

97-98 TC football teams would have competed with ANY school in the state. hands down. Year in and year out no chance, but on the right year when the stars align TC puts out a lot of talent.

Sorry, but that year they would have gotten hammered by either Melrose, Riverdale, Pearl Cohn, or Maryville. Especially Pearl, that team would have destroyed Trousdale. John Henderson, Reggie Ridley, Santonio Beard, etc, etc, etc... It would have been so bad they would have been forced to look at insituting the mercy rule much almost a decade sooner than they did... Wouldn't be surprised if they hung 100 on them

03 Macon County. Any man that thinks I'm wrong likes to kiss guys. Any woman who thinks I'm wrong just proves women don't know anything about football. :flower:

I'm not saying your wrong, but how's that gold football in the trophy case looking these days? :roflol:

Greenville was dominant in 10, but I don't think they would have beaten Maryville or Alcoa that year.

• 1 month later...

Guys I would put that 97 Trousdale team up against anybody. They would have won the 5A championship that year IMO. You guys are probably right not the best team ever on paper, but put them on the field and they would have held their own with any of the teams mentioned.

Pearl-Cohn won 4A in '97 with the Santonio Beard & John Henderson bunch.

Riverdale won 5A in '97 with Eric Locke & Co.

I know everyone is entitled to have an opinion but I just don't see any way that Trousdale would have been able to compete with either of those 2 teams in '97.

I will agree that Trousdale could have beaten 3A White House or 2A Tyner that year but I wouldn't give them a prayer against those other 2 teams.

• 1 year later...

Out of the teams I've followed and seen, I would say the 1972 Tennessee High team, or the 1995 Brentwood Academy team. The Tennessee High team were national champions and BA was the most complete team I've ever seen. The BA team had the most dominating defense this state has seen. The staring defense was loaded with college players. Here is their lineup and college they played at:

DE Air Force

DT MTSU

NG nowhere

DT Memphis

DE Tennessee

LB Nebraska

LB Georgia Military ( Tito Lee. The best player on the team, but didn't qualify)

CB Virginia Tech

CB Tennessee

SS Vanderbilt

FS Tennessee

Most of these guys played on offense too. An offense that had another receiver that went to Ole Miss and a tackle that went to Texas.

I just stumbled in as a newbie and this is my first post. I was a senior on the 1971 Tenn High Viking team that won the first state championship. I was Hon Mention All-state, but I don't know that I'd have been a starter on the 1972 team. They just had a bunch of really good players across the board and a great coaching staff. I now appreciate more how hard it is to get all of that going on at the same time.

Edited by cow451