10AA Basketball

coachrus

Just to weigh in: saw Greenbrier in a few preseason games. Good outside shooting by Peach, Brown, & Young in the games I saw--but without a dominant inside presence from first string on down the line, all they'll be able to afford this year is a win or two over .500

Good full court hustle and good ball pressure as always, but no inside meat again this year.

I'm looking forward to kicking off basketball tonight. 3 10AA teams in the top six in Tennessean Midstate Preseason poll (CPA, East Lit and Maplewood). You know that Lipscomb and MLK will be well coached and bring it every night. I believe Whites Creek had a young team last year and will be even better this year. Pearl Cohn and Hume Fogg are question marks right now in my mind but have contended in the past.

This is just a guess but would I would rank the preseason like this:

1. CPA

2. Maplewood

3. East Lit

4. Whites Creek

5. MLK

6. DL

7. PC

8. Hume Fogg

9. Stratford

Other thoughts?

Edited by coachrus

I'm looking forward to kicking off basketball tonight. 3 10AA teams in the top six in Tennessean Midstate Preseason poll (CPA, East Lit and Maplewood). You know that Lipscomb and MLK will be well coached and bring it every night. I believe Whites Creek had a young team last year and will be even better this year. Pearl Cohn and Hume Fogg are question marks right now in my mind but have contended in the past.

This is just a guess but would I would rank the preseason like this:

1. CPA

2. Maplewood

3. East Lit

4. Whites Creek

5. MLK

6. DL

7. PC

8. Hume Fogg

9. Stratford

Other thoughts?

I really don't know about other teams than CPA - I was hoping this thread would provide some reports from those who knew. With that said, I believe CPA will finish 1st or 2nd at worst. Maplewood 1st or 2nd - probably. The rest could be a tossup since basketball teams are so influenced by one or two players stepping up that may not be expected, and coaching plays a big part. Saw where EL lost the other night, but don't know how good the team that beat them is.

I really don't know about other teams than CPA - I was hoping this thread would provide some reports from those who knew. With that said, I believe CPA will finish 1st or 2nd at worst. Maplewood 1st or 2nd - probably. The rest could be a tossup since basketball teams are so influenced by one or two players stepping up that may not be expected, and coaching plays a big part. Saw where EL lost the other night, but don't know how good the team that beat them is.

East Lit lost to Hunter's Lane (AAA Division). FWIW, Maurice Patton put Hunter's Lane in the Midstate preseason top ten, so I think they are a good team. Hunter's Lane and CPA played to a 30-30 tie last week in the two quarter jamboree.

CPA's Craig Bradshaw knocked unconscious tonight in game vs Cane Ridge. Hit the wall. He did regain consciousness and was taken by ambulance to hospital. Game was cancelled with CPA leading by 19 with seconds left in the 3rd.

Prayers for Craig.

Hate to hear that about Bradshaw. He's a great player. Indeed, prayers are with him.

Why was the game cancelled? Was the hit taken by Bradshaw a cheap (or unnecessarily hard) shot or did it lead to rough play? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Hate to hear that about Bradshaw. He's a great player. Indeed, prayers are with him.

Why was the game cancelled? Was the hit taken by Bradshaw a cheap (or unnecessarily hard) shot or did it lead to rough play? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Do not have those answers. It did stop the game for a long time.

Thanks.

It wasn't a cheap shot just both players going hard for the ball. I believe it was called due to the extremely long pause in the action. It took the EMT's an awfully long time to get there. The outcome of the game was never in question.

CPA's Craig Bradshaw knocked unconscious tonight in game vs Cane Ridge. Hit the wall. He did regain consciousness and was taken by ambulance to hospital. Game was cancelled with CPA leading by 19 with seconds left in the 3rd.

Prayers for Craig.

I spoke with the team doctor who was attending Craig who said he never lost consciousness, but was woozey with a sever headache. Took him via ambulance to do tests.