10AA Basketball

coachrus

This is just too funny! I've laughed so much I'm cryin'!! The topic is kinda misleading ('10AA Basketball'), with CPA4-E-Verrr tryin' his best to be 'Mr. Diplomatic' and mentioning The Wood and DL. It should be 'Two Pages Of coachrus Talkin' To CPA4Ever About How Great CPA Is Gonna Be.' mmmyesss!

:bored::P

So very pleased that I can improve your day!

I think part of the silence is due to the fact that, for some - Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, CPA - football is still going so they are not in basketball gear yet. For some, CPA seems to be such a runaway favorite in 10AA that there isn't much to talk about.

Having said that, I think it will come down to CPA and Maplewood again this year. East Lit lost a ton of seniors. MLK doesn't seem to have the horses that Doc has been used to having in the past. I look for Hume Fogg and Whites Creek to be about the same, if not down this year. Stratford and Pearl Cohn will, I think, bring up the rear.

DL could be a wild card this year. They've lost some good players since last year but from what I've seen I think they will be fun to watch and could make some noise by the end of the season. Not sure they can challenge CPA or Mapmewood yet, though. They've got some good, young players and a couple of new guys to compliment the veterans so we'll see. Hopefully they will gel quickly.

So, there's a non-CPA, non-off-the-court-stuff post, for what it's worth. Print it off and it (and $5) will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

I think part of the silence is due to the fact that, for some - Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, CPA - football is still going so they are not in basketball gear yet. For some, CPA seems to be such a runaway favorite in 10AA that there isn't much to talk about.

Having said that, I think it will come down to CPA and Maplewood again this year. East Lit lost a ton of seniors. MLK doesn't seem to have the horses that Doc has been used to having in the past. I look for Hume Fogg and Whites Creek to be about the same, if not down this year. Stratford and Pearl Cohn will, I think, bring up the rear.

DL could be a wild card this year. They've lost some good players since last year but from what I've seen I think they will be fun to watch and could make some noise by the end of the season. Not sure they can challenge CPA or Mapmewood yet, though. They've got some good, young players and a couple of new guys to compliment the veterans so we'll see. Hopefully they will gel quickly.

So, there's a non-CPA, non-off-the-court-stuff post, for what it's worth. Print it off and it (and $5) will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

Thanks for the info. You are probably right - football talk is still more important for 3 teams.

What's hilarious is that you come on here and comment on how funny it is that no one is talking about 10AA except CPA fans, and THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Way to add something meaningful to the discussion, or maybe that's the problem - you don't have anything meaningful to say.

I ask a legitimate question about 10AA. Who are the best returning players? Do you know, or do you just want to come on here and criticize other people's posts?

And by the way, I like hearing from Coachrus.

Some day you will get over losing Bradshaw. Don't like the thread? Go away!

Sitting at ringside watching another CPA4Ever brawl, a seasoned veteran with more fights under the belt than any other in history. 5Sportdad jabs and 4ever counter punches with a vicious right hand uppercut, a low blow, below the belt, ready to spit out a bible verse, a 4ever trademark. Will it be another post fight interview where a punch happy 4ever wonders aloud and cannot understand how it got off topic, stomping out of the ring only to soon return ready to beat on the next person who stands in the way? :popcorneater:

Edited by Hoopit10

I would agree. I not at all sure where DL will be this year. I do know that they will play good defense and scrap teams to death. I could see them as high as 3rd or as low as 6th.

Sitting at ringside watching another CPA4Ever brawl, a seasoned veteran with more fights under the belt than any other in history. 5Sportdad jabs and 4ever counter punches with a vicious right hand uppercut, a low blow, below the belt, ready to spit out a bible verse, a 4ever trademark. Will it be another post fight interview where a punch happy 4ever wonders aloud and cannot understand how it got off topic, stomping out of the ring only to soon return ready to beat on the next person who stands in the way? :popcorneater:

Clever, but where are the trademark Bible verses I have spit out? Read the Bible everyday and try to live by it, but can't remember ever quoting it on Facebook after hundreds of posts. But welcome to you and all AAU fans who don't like CPA and sit on the sidelines cheering and adding fuel to the fights. :thumb:

Okay, so here's the deal. I have watched the posts on this site for the last year now and it's really amusing. As a former Assistant Coach from East Lit, it really was a disgrace to watch CPA get crowned from the beginning of the season and other teams picked to finish higher than EAST. In my first year of working with HS basketball, I was able to take a less talented team and teach them how to play with heart and against everyone else. What disappointed me the most was the fact that EAST LIT was the ONLY HS represented in Middle TN and received NO PRESS COVERAGE OR SUPPORT from our own city. Even to the point that I approached Rodney Dunigan, who stood next to me @ the State Championship game, and asked him WHY EAST LIT has yet to be interviewed. He could not offer ANY explanation whatsoever. This all leads to my point. EAST LIT achieved because I preached to them that all we had were each other. In case you are wondering, YES, I am a young AA male that was able to get my players to believe in themselves when no one else did. They played for each other and for ME. They will return to fight valiently, sadly, they won't reach their potential without me on the bench. CPA is the only team, IMO, that will have all cylinders clicking. Whether people love or hate them, they are the team to beat. Take this from someone who has studied every team night after night. CPA deserves to win it this year because they play for one another. That is the one thing that I admired most this year. Shaking hands and speaking personally to Jalen and Craig, they were fine, humble young men and I wish them well.

Edited by darealchamp

Okay, so here's the deal. I have watched the posts on this site for the last year now and it's really amusing. As a former Assistant Coach from East Lit, it really was a disgrace to watch CPA get crowned from the beginning of the season and other teams picked to finish higher than EAST. In my first year of working with HS basketball, I was able to take a less talented team and teach them how to play with heart and against everyone else. What disappointed me the most was the fact that EAST LIT was the ONLY HS represented in Middle TN and received NO PRESS COVERAGE OR SUPPORT from our own city. Even to the point that I approached Rodney Dunigan, who stood next to me @ the State Championship game, and asked him WHY EAST LIT has yet to be interviewed. He could not offer ANY explanation whatsoever. This all leads to my point. EAST LIT achieved because I preached to them that all we had were each other. In case you are wondering, YES, I am a young AA male that was able to get my players to believe in themselves when no one else did. They played for each other and for ME. They will return to fight valiently, sadly, they won't reach their potential without me on the bench. CPA is the only team, IMO, that will have all cylinders clicking. Whether people love or hate them, they are the team to beat. Take this from someone who has studied every team night after night. CPA deserves to win it this year because they play for one another. That is the one thing that I admired most this year. Shaking hands and speaking personally to Jalen and Craig, they were fine, humble young men and I wish them well.

All I can say is "wow." I just read all of your previous posts, Dareal. All but one point out that dareal reason for East Lit's success last year was you. Really? Wow. Are you upset that East did not get the media coverage (which I agree with) or that YOU didn't? If you intend to stay in coaching, or even if you don't, do some research on some legendary, successful coaches. Try to find any references to me, my, I, etc. in relation to success. You won't. It will be about their team. Not them. Good lesson. I have no idea why such a "vital" piece of the "success" is no longer part of the team, but good luck to you. Hopefully last season was a learning experience.

And, saying that East did not have the talent of CPA is bull. East (and Maplewood) was LOADED last year. East may not do as well this year, but I still think it will be due primarily to graduations.

All I can say is "wow." I just read all of your previous posts, Dareal. All but one point out that dareal reason for East Lit's success last year was you. Really? Wow. Are you upset that East did not get the media coverage (which I agree with) or that YOU didn't? If you intend to stay in coaching, or even if you don't, do some research on some legendary, successful coaches. Try to find any references to me, my, I, etc. in relation to success. You won't. It will be about their team. Not them. Good lesson. I have no idea why such a "vital" piece of the "success" is no longer part of the team, but good luck to you. Hopefully last season was a learning experience.

And, saying that East did not have the talent of CPA is bull. East (and Maplewood) was LOADED last year. East may not do as well this year, but I still think it will be due primarily to graduations.

Excellant advice.

I can't speak for the "media", but many posters here on Coach T gave a lot of recognition and credit for the accomplishments of East Lit last year. I know that I did. Their run from Region play on was amazing and unexpected given their play during the district tournament was perhaps lackluster (or at least below standard for a team capable of being state runner-up). East Lit caught fire at the right time and made the most of it.

Give credit to the kids on the floor. Don't belittle their accomplishment by taking credit yourself.

Why did you leave and where are you now?