Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

Guest Termite

Congrats to the owls on a great season and the number 1 ranking. Its been a good run but IMHO... they are way over rated. Bring out all the big fireworks this week boys, its the last show of the year !! Im gonna say bout 26 to zero.... firebirds.

Well, Chuckles. Just how many times have you seen either team play? I would venture a guess and say the only time you saw either team play was when SC beat your mighty tiggers. You may have seen SC on TV last Thurday, but I doubt it. Overrated?? 10-0 and a number one seed. I guess using your Hickman math 10-0 should be a # 4 seed???

The only game where SC has been challenged was by the cross county kittens. SC being over rated don't speak too well for your kittens then does it?

Lets talk about over rated a minute. I'm gonna say the only real teams your team played........you got beat. You beat Monterey,RBS, Clay Co., Pickett Co. Jackson Co. and Watertown and get a #2 seed and a bye :roflol: and SC is over rated??? Showing your smarts ain't you Chuckles??

If we don't use all them fireworks up, we'll save them for next year when Lil Brother comes over to The Hole.

Now we see how the week schedule for SC plays out. What other number one rated team in the state is even thinking its gonna be a close ball game other than SC. I venture to say most first round games by top ranked teams in the quadrant will be 3-4 td victories. Why are even the SC fans calling for vitory by 6 or 8....I think they know how truley week there district is and also how week there non confrence schedule is. Yes SC is good team to be 10-0 no doubt, but we will have to wait and see if rather a 8-2 record with some games against TC or say Signal Mt. would have been better served than playing Sparta and Warren County.

Guest Termite

Now we see how the week schedule for SC plays out. What other number one rated team in the state is even thinking its gonna be a close ball game other than SC. I venture to say most first round games by top ranked teams in the quadrant will be 3-4 td victories. Why are even the SC fans calling for vitory by 6 or 8....I think they know how truley week there district is and also how week there non confrence schedule is. Yes SC is good team to be 10-0 no doubt, but we will have to wait and see if rather a 8-2 record with some games against TC or say Signal Mt. would have been better served than playing Sparta and Warren County.

1st off prettyboy, a WEEK is 7 days. I guess we need to scout out 2-3 years ahead and see what every team SC plays has coming up. He++, when we did play TC and won, they said it was down years for them. Weak district......exactly what is SC supposed to do about that?? The same thing has been said every year. SC-York-LA and others have proven otherwise.

I see DC , LA , White House,and Macon Co. are in the 4A playoffs.Gordonsville is in 1A and as best as I recall SC played and beat them all. Kinda makes it evident you don't have any idea what your talking about don't it?? Look and see who PC has played and who beat them. Only someone that knows nothing about HS football would think this will be a 3-4 TD victory.

lookinggood is lookingsilly

Edited by Termite

Well, Chuckles. Just how many times have you seen either team play? I would venture a guess and say the only time you saw either team play was when SC beat your mighty tiggers. You may have seen SC on TV last Thurday, but I doubt it. Overrated?? 10-0 and a number one seed. I guess using your Hickman math 10-0 should be a # 4 seed???

The only game where SC has been challenged was by the cross county kittens. SC being over rated don't speak too well for your kittens then does it?

Lets talk about over rated a minute. I'm gonna say the only real teams your team played........you got beat. You beat Monterey,RBS, Clay Co., Pickett Co. Jackson Co. and Watertown and get a #2 seed and a bye :roflol: and SC is over rated??? Showing your smarts ain't you Chuckles??

If we don't use all them fireworks up, we'll save them for next year when Lil Brother comes over to The Hole.

The last thing I would say is that Smith Co. is overrated. They earned their 10-0 record and deserve the number one seed. But you guys are in no position to be pointing someone's schedule in their face after the one you just got done with. The only "REAL" competition you guys had was really in week 1. Two very, very week 6A teams, and Dekalb team that is really not as good as their record, overrated teams in Macon and White House and very bad teams with York and Cannon. The Owls actually struggled with Dekalb for almost 3 quarters. You also insinuate in your post that Gordonsville is overrated. So if Gordonsville is overrated then how did they hold your vaunted running attack to under 100 yards and scorless for four quarters. With your comment you actually put your own team down. Looks like you are showing your smarts? I really believe both teams are where they should be in the playoffs and both have legitamate shots at State Championships. I am pulling for both.

Guest Termite

The last thing I would say is that Smith Co. is overrated. They earned their 10-0 record and deserve the number one seed. But you guys are in no position to be pointing someone's schedule in their face after the one you just got done with. The only "REAL" competition you guys had was really in week 1. Two very, very week 6A teams, and Dekalb team that is really not as good as their record, overrated teams in Macon and White House and very bad teams with York and Cannon. The Owls actually struggled with Dekalb for almost 3 quarters. You also insinuate in your post that Gordonsville is overrated. So if Gordonsville is overrated then how did they hold your vaunted running attack to under 100 yards and scorless for four quarters. With your comment you actually put your own team down. Looks like you are showing your smarts? I really believe both teams are where they should be in the playoffs and both have legitamate shots at State Championships. I am pulling for both.

I never said G-ville was overrated....happycharles said SC was overrated. I said they gave SC the best game. SOOOO ....what does that say for his team if SC is overrated?? I would think playing SC that good of game would make G-ville look good...........I guess not. G-ville and the rest got beat by an overrated team. :roflol: I can live with that. I guess beating teams you are supposed to beat makes you "overrated". Funny how all these "overrated" teams are in the playoffs. I'll ask you the same question. How many of these "overrated" teams have you seen play?

Edited by Termite

Smith County's opponents won 46% of their games. Pearl Cohn's opponents won 53% of their games. The results aren't that dissimilar. I think the Firebird's schedule was tough, for sure, but out of the teams they played, several of them would be considered to be down, by their standards. MBA at 5-5???? Cmon now. PC lost a several close ones. SC will win this game. All you Gville fans, that love to ride every other team that can beat SC, can take your tails somewhere else Friday night. I know that if you do come, you'll sit on the visitor side and ride the Firebirds. They are a good team. Probably the best 8 seed in the playoffs. Gotta beat them all anyway.

I never said G-ville was overrated....happycharles said SC was overrated. I said they gave SC the best game. SOOOO ....what does that say for his team if SC is overrated?? I would think playing SC that good of game would make G-ville look good...........I guess not. G-ville and the rest got beat by an overrated team. :roflol: I can live with that. I guess beating teams you are supposed to beat makes you "overrated". Funny how all these "overrated" teams are in the playoffs. I'll ask you the same question. How many of these "overrated" teams have you seen play?

You did insinuate that Gordonsville was overrated when you started talking about the schedule (which are region games we have no control over.) I also said at the beginning of my post that I would never call Smith Co. overrated but since you were the one who started spouting off about specific teams on our schedule I just responded. Most games are within the Region and none of us have any control on how those teams will be. In regards to game one this season it was a classic. Gordonsville did perform well, especially on the defensive side of the ball. You asked the question "How many of these overrated teams have you seen play?". I have seen Dekalb three times, Macon two times, Cannon two times, White House one time and Gordonsville ten times. Dekalb is overrated as Gordonsville dominated them in game like scrimmage 1 week prior to the season and a hobbled Livinston team took them to the woodshed this past Friday. Cannon and Pickett Co may be the two worst teams in High School Football this season. Macon Co. came in to this year with too much hype because of their great quarterback and receiver. They are not ready yet as they are very young on the Defensive side of the ball. White House has not been the same since White House Heritage moved in to the area just like Portland with Station Camp. Based on what I have seen,yes, Gordonsville was the best team on your regular season schedule. That is nothing to be ashamed of. This is a very good Gordonsville Team just like you guys are a very good Smith County Team. At no time during the regular season did you face a Defensive Line and Linebacker like you saw in week one and you know that. As far as our schedule the only team we played that was better than you guys was Trousdale. I am just being objective.

smith co. wins 35 - 17 . I've seen pearl cohn play, and smith co. has advantage. srength and depth of team goes to smith co. discipline of team ,smith co. both have some good athletes, qb position goes to smith co., o-line goes to smith co., receivers go to pearl cohn , d-line goes to smith co., speed goes to pearl cohn, coaching goes to smith co., running backs go to smith co. with slight advantage. kicking game about equal. playing at home in the hole and hometown crowd , advantage smith co. band department definately goes to pearl cohn. smith co. has not been giving up any penalty yards. pearl has given up a few penalty yards on both sides. smith co. wins the game if they make the key match up, and stop PC receivers from running to the ball when they through it up for grabs.