Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

You did insinuate that Gordonsville was overrated when you started talking about the schedule (which are region games we have no control over.) I also said at the beginning of my post that I would never call Smith Co. overrated but since you were the one who started spouting off about specific teams on our schedule I just responded. Most games are within the Region and none of us have any control on how those teams will be. In regards to game one this season it was a classic. Gordonsville did perform well, especially on the defensive side of the ball. You asked the question "How many of these overrated teams have you seen play?". I have seen Dekalb three times, Macon two times, Cannon two times, White House one time and Gordonsville ten times. Dekalb is overrated as Gordonsville dominated them in game like scrimmage 1 week prior to the season and a hobbled Livinston team took them to the woodshed this past Friday. Cannon and Pickett Co may be the two worst teams in High School Football this season. Macon Co. came in to this year with too much hype because of their great quarterback and receiver. They are not ready yet as they are very young on the Defensive side of the ball. White House has not been the same since White House Heritage moved in to the area just like Portland with Station Camp. Based on what I have seen,yes, Gordonsville was the best team on your regular season schedule. That is nothing to be ashamed of. This is a very good Gordonsville Team just like you guys are a very good Smith County Team. At no time during the regular season did you face a Defensive Line and Linebacker like you saw in week one and you know that. As far as our schedule the only team we played that was better than you guys was Trousdale. I am just being objective.

You are basing what you have seen from DeKalb on a scrimmage when the players just got a new DC and a sloppy game that was the worst game they played all year after it poured rain for two straight days. They are a quality football team and pulled out every trick in the bag against Smith Co. Since then Smith Co. has improved even more. They're no pushover and I can see them winning this game, and more.

Guest Termite

You did insinuate that Gordonsville was overrated when you started talking about the schedule (which are region games we have no control over.) I also said at the beginning of my post that I would never call Smith Co. overrated but since you were the one who started spouting off about specific teams on our schedule I just responded. Most games are within the Region and none of us have any control on how those teams will be. In regards to game one this season it was a classic. Gordonsville did perform well, especially on the defensive side of the ball. You asked the question "How many of these overrated teams have you seen play?". I have seen Dekalb three times, Macon two times, Cannon two times, White House one time and Gordonsville ten times. Dekalb is overrated as Gordonsville dominated them in game like scrimmage 1 week prior to the season and a hobbled Livinston team took them to the woodshed this past Friday. Cannon and Pickett Co may be the two worst teams in High School Football this season. Macon Co. came in to this year with too much hype because of their great quarterback and receiver. They are not ready yet as they are very young on the Defensive side of the ball. White House has not been the same since White House Heritage moved in to the area just like Portland with Station Camp. Based on what I have seen,yes, Gordonsville was the best team on your regular season schedule. That is nothing to be ashamed of. This is a very good Gordonsville Team just like you guys are a very good Smith County Team. At no time during the regular season did you face a Defensive Line and Linebacker like you saw in week one and you know that. As far as our schedule the only team we played that was better than you guys was Trousdale. I am just being objective.

I love the way South Side folks put the G-ville spin on things. You even managed to say Gordonsville 5 times and SC 2.

This whole post is about why teams SC played were not very good, except G-ville. G-ville was the best- best D-line-best LB-best team- I'm suprised you left out mascot-band-waterboy-and team bus driver. It must be tough being Lil Brother.

I know why McDonalds does so well over there. Ya'll use all them soda straws to make it easier blow smoke up each other's rear.:roflol:

Guest Termite

:popcorneater: think I'll saunter thru and catch the Pearl Cohn Band .... you with me Nursie?

Saunter??? Ain't that what you do to mushrooms and onions?:D

Their band was better in 09 than 10, but still the best I've seen.

Edited by Termite

Haven't seen PC play this year. I know they got a tough schedule. PC drilled us pretty good last year. The players want alittle retribution. This isn't the same team they played last year. The O had a tough time all year last year and couldn't move the ball. We had to rely on the D for most of our games. This year the O is running on all fours and the D is better than last years. Owls got this one this year.

SC- 27

PC - 7

I'm not sure what to make of this game because I really don't know what to make out of PC. PC beat a very good Maplewood team earlier in the season and should have beaten CPA this past week, but then loses to David Lipscomb and has a 5-5 record. SC plays a weak district schedule, but I think it would be worrisome if they struggled with that schedule. They beat everyone on their schedule by 2 scores or more with Gville being the exception. They did what a good team does and that is dominate teams on their schedule. SC runs ball as well as anyone i've seen this year and has a QB who can throw the ball very well. I think SC will be out for a little revenge after last year and with this game being at home they'll be out to make a statement. I'll say SC wins this by 20-7.

I love the way South Side folks put the G-ville spin on things. You even managed to say Gordonsville 5 times and SC 2.

This whole post is about why teams SC played were not very good, except G-ville. G-ville was the best- best D-line-best LB-best team- I'm suprised you left out mascot-band-waterboy-and team bus driver. It must be tough being Lil Brother.

I know why McDonalds does so well over there. Ya'll use all them soda straws to make it easier blow smoke up each other's rear.:roflol:

No smoke just facts. At no time have I put your team or your section of the county down. You were the one who started nameing teams asked the question what teams on your schedule I have seen. I called you bluff. I am also positive it hurts your feelings that I said the only team on our schedule better that the Owls was Trousdale. We are happy being Gordonsville. Tell me who on your schedule during the regular season was better than Gordonsville and justify that with legitimate facts and not opinion. We will see where the spin acutally comes from. With all that being said, I am proud of the fact that both teams in the County have the programs they do and are whey they are with legitimate shots to do something special. Good luck to your team with Pearl Cohn. I really to mean that.

Haven't seen PC play this year. I know they got a tough schedule. PC drilled us pretty good last year. The players want alittle retribution. This isn't the same team they played last year. The O had a tough time all year last year and couldn't move the ball. We had to rely on the D for most of our games. This year the O is running on all fours and the D is better than last years. Owls got this one this year.

SC- 27

PC - 7

Take it from someone that has seen PC play, you are in for a game. They are the best team we played all year. You are in for a tough game. Better bring your A game or you will be watching in round 2.

I think this is a break even deal for the SC program. I mean the TSSAA put them in an easy district so they could look good during the regular season. PC had to play a brutal schedule put together by the TSSAA. It only seems fair to make them play the weakest 1 seed. PC wins by 2 TDs do to athletic ability and regular season tested game speed.

Guest Termite

I think this is a break even deal for the SC program. I mean the TSSAA put them in an easy district so they could look good during the regular season. PC had to play a brutal schedule put together by the TSSAA. It only seems fair to make them play the weakest 1 seed. PC wins by 2 TDs do to athletic ability and regular season tested game speed.

Hey Stampus Lickus, How do you think Westy will fair this Friday night? I looked on the 1A , 2A, 3A and 4A threads and can't find them anywhere. I'm almost sure they are at HOME this Friday , right???:roflol: :roflol:

Edited by Termite