Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

I think this is a break even deal for the SC program. I mean the TSSAA put them in an easy district so they could look good during the regular season. PC had to play a brutal schedule put together by the TSSAA. It only seems fair to make them play the weakest 1 seed. PC wins by 2 TDs do to athletic ability and regular season tested game speed.

^^^^Troll^^^^

Now we see how the week schedule for SC plays out. What other number one rated team in the state is even thinking its gonna be a close ball game other than SC. I venture to say most first round games by top ranked teams in the quadrant will be 3-4 td victories. Why are even the SC fans calling for vitory by 6 or 8....I think they know how truley week there district is and also how week there non confrence schedule is. Yes SC is good team to be 10-0 no doubt, but we will have to wait and see if rather a 8-2 record with some games against TC or say Signal Mt. would have been better served than playing Sparta and Warren County.

SC's schedule was not the amongst the strongest in the state, no doubt. Why does that have anything to do with how good they are? They have destroyed the teams they were supposed to for the most part. There is no other #1 seed worrying about a close game just like their is no other #8 seed that is as good as Pearl Cohn in any class in the playoffs. The reason SC fans are calling for a 6-8 point victory is because they don't have blinders on and they realize how good PC is, unlike yourself obviously. In regards to who SC playes out of district, the playoff system taking the best records for the tiebreaker for wildcard teams make scheduling a lot harder for good football programs. Lookinggood, where you from?

Guest Termite

No smoke just facts. At no time have I put your team or your section of the county down. You were the one who started nameing teams asked the question what teams on your schedule I have seen. I called you bluff. I am also positive it hurts your feelings that I said the only team on our schedule better that the Owls was Trousdale. We are happy being Gordonsville. Tell me who on your schedule during the regular season was better than Gordonsville and justify that with legitimate facts and not opinion. We will see where the spin acutally comes from. With all that being said, I am proud of the fact that both teams in the County have the programs they do and are whey they are with legitimate shots to do something special. Good luck to your team with Pearl Cohn. I really to mean that.

If you seen 18 games you been a busy boy, beings they only play 10.

Hurt my feelings?? Kinda new at this ain't ya? MY Feelings? Yea, man you really ,really hurt MY feelings.:roflol:

The only facts I have in font of me is SC is 10-0. They beat every team they have played up till now. I don't know that G-ville was the best SC played. They were ONE of the best. LA-MC-DC-WH all play good ball. You say SC struggled till the 3rd quarter with DC. What about G-ville and CC-Watertown. Wasn't exactly blowing them out at the half either was you?

You know what, let's say G-ville was the best.........now what????.........You still got your tail beat and apparently still have bad dreams about it. Let it go. Move on. It will be OK. You will get another shot next year. Yelp, you ALMOST won.

By the way, I'm glad your happy being Gordonsville. I surely don't know anybody else that would be.:roflol:

You did insinuate that Gordonsville was overrated when you started talking about the schedule (which are region games we have no control over.) I also said at the beginning of my post that I would never call Smith Co. overrated but since you were the one who started spouting off about specific teams on our schedule I just responded. Most games are within the Region and none of us have any control on how those teams will be. In regards to game one this season it was a classic. Gordonsville did perform well, especially on the defensive side of the ball. You asked the question "How many of these overrated teams have you seen play?". I have seen Dekalb three times, Macon two times, Cannon two times, White House one time and Gordonsville ten times. Dekalb is overrated as Gordonsville dominated them in game like scrimmage 1 week prior to the season and a hobbled Livinston team took them to the woodshed this past Friday. Cannon and Pickett Co may be the two worst teams in High School Football this season. Macon Co. came in to this year with too much hype because of their great quarterback and receiver. They are not ready yet as they are very young on the Defensive side of the ball. White House has not been the same since White House Heritage moved in to the area just like Portland with Station Camp. Based on what I have seen,yes, Gordonsville was the best team on your regular season schedule. That is nothing to be ashamed of. This is a very good Gordonsville Team just like you guys are a very good Smith County Team. At no time during the regular season did you face a Defensive Line and Linebacker like you saw in week one and you know that. As far as our schedule the only team we played that was better than you guys was Trousdale. I am just being objective.

I totally agree. :thumb:

Hey Bluebellz!!! Sorry I was reading all these dang posts and didnt know whose gosh darn thread I was on!!! Started out SC vs Pearl, then out of nowhere here came comments about Gordonsville and other teams... Cmon guys the regular seasons over. SC 10 and 0 and dang proud and deserving!!! The CONSTANT comments about who SC does and does not play gets old...but then I guess SOME people have nothing better to do... Go Owls, and personally I see SC winning this one by 10... Yes Bluebellz I will be there with Black and Gold on.. cmon out and sit with me.... I will save u a seat and we can " boogie to the band" at halftime... Even ole Termie may get his dancing shoes on!!!lol Termie holler at me,,, and I will buy ya a chicken sanwich and a popcorn..!!!

Here we go. Firebirds will make their third trip to Big Owl Stadium in as many years come Friday night. I had the pleasure of watching PC against CPA a couple of days ago. Great game as both teams played their guts out. As always, PC brings in a great defense. Very athletic, physical, and they get to the ball in a hurry. Offense can move the ball pretty well as their backs run hard and are dangerous in the open field. Owls will still have a very bad taste in their mouth after last years contest. I think it's safe to say this game will be well worth the price of admission if not more. Owls will definitely be ready and looking for payback. I hope the great fans and players from Pearl-Cohn have a safe trip down I-40. Class acts every year. Go Owls!

:excl:

I'm not sure what to make of this game because I really don't know what to make out of PC. PC beat a very good Maplewood team earlier in the season and should have beaten CPA this past week, but then loses to David Lipscomb and has a 5-5 record.

You make a couple of good points, however, I heard on the CPA internet broadcasts that PC had several starters out for the Lipscomb game (I don't know if that was for injuries or other reasons). I've been scratching my head about the PC-Lipscomb loss as well, but that may explain some of it. I also heard that they had five turnovers in the Lipscomb game.

I not sure any 3A teams could beat Blackman, BGA or MBA this year.

Edited by coachrus

Guest Termite

Hey Bluebellz!!! Sorry I was reading all these dang posts and didnt know whose gosh darn thread I was on!!! Started out SC vs Pearl, then out of nowhere here came comments about Gordonsville and other teams... Cmon guys the regular seasons over. SC 10 and 0 and dang proud and deserving!!! The CONSTANT comments about who SC does and does not play gets old...but then I guess SOME people have nothing better to do... Go Owls, and personally I see SC winning this one by 10... Yes Bluebellz I will be there with Black and Gold on.. cmon out and sit with me.... I will save u a seat and we can " boogie to the band" at halftime... Even ole Termie may get his dancing shoes on!!!lol Termie holler at me,,, and I will buy ya a chicken sanwich and a popcorn..!!!

Dancing shoes?? Way too much dust on my Hush Puppies to "bust a move".

I've seen them PC people move. Ain't no way I could keep up with them. I ain't got, nor never had, that much wiggle.

If that Drum Major played football, nobody would ever touch him the way he moves.