Oakland @ Mt. Juliet

nrgrizzlies

If there is one thing I have learned in football, it is to never compare scores. Oakland beat Siegel 19-16, Siegel beat Blackman 37-34, yet Oakland lost to Blackman 42-28 in a game that wasnt even that close.

Quick question for the MJ fans: How does the present QB (Chowbay) compare with the one that Oakland faced in 2009 (Gurchek? Apologize if im spelling it wrong). I saw Chowbay in the 3-way scrimmage this summer and came away very impressed.............

Both QBs are good but the difference is that this year's team has 4 backs that could start on any team. This team has more SR leadership and alot more depth. The defense is also better. In other words you have to try to stop 5 players instead of just one. Our TB was not 100% in that game so Gurchiek was a one man show. This team has many weapons. That is why they are averaging 45 ppg. Gallatin's defense is pretty decent and plays several wing-t teams. Ask them how hard it is to defend MJ's wing-t.

Edited by MJpride

the only way mt. juliet loses this game is if they don't even take the field! oakland shouldn't even waste the trip!! MJ's offense is loaded but everyone already knows that. what people don't know is about their defense. they give up an average of 12.7 pts per game but that number is misleading. mj is usually up by 30 or more early in the second half and their backups come in. i'm willing to bet more than half of the points they have allowed have come from their second string being in the game. this game will not even be close by halftime. mj's defense will blow up oakland's so called ground and pound waste the clock run game and get the ball to their high powered can't be stopped offense. mj will walk through the "big bad 7-AAA" all the way to the title game!! MJ ALL THE WAY!!!

Just a few words to describe this post. Can you say BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!

This thing is set up for MJ to meet either Maryville or Riverdale in Cookeville, it will be a major fail if MJ does not hold up their end of the deal and advance to the Gold Ball game.

Go ahead and have those MAJOR FAIL bumper stickers made up, so you don't have to wait on the printer to make them up and you can start selling them right after the game when MJ loses. They may be the #1 seed but ya gotta get thru some REALLY good teams in this quad AND go to Memphis and possibly play Whitehaven.

Both QBs are good but the difference is that this year's team has 4 backs that could start on any team. This team has more SR leadership and alot more depth. The defense is also better. In other words you have to try to stop 5 players instead of just one. Our TB was not 100% in that game so Gurchiek was a one man show. This team has many weapons. That is why they are averaging 45 ppg. Gallatin's defense is pretty decent and plays several wing-t teams. Ask them how hard it is to defend MJ's wing-t.

Having seen both, MJ has more depth with leadership and disipline, not necessarly more athletes. MJ's Wing-T is the best I've seen in years, if not, ever. Coach Perry's team this year can beat anyone in the state at any level on any given day, however, there are a handful of teams that will pose a threat and can win given that day.

Your team is in trouble if you are having to use this stuff as motivational material. Smells of desperation.

Besides, you will feel really silly having to take it down from the bulletin board when you lose.

This is not my team thats playing MJ. My "Team" is playing Franklin, in case you haven't seen the pairings. Call it what you will Motivation, desperation, constapation. MJ's ride to the Gold Ball is not going to be a easy as they think or the posters on here think. Tough quad to be in and still have to play Quad 4 in the semi's.

Oakland is probably the best 6-4 team there is in the state and MJ is probably the worst 10-0 team there is. Not saying MJ is bad it's just I don't think they could hang with the other 10-0 teams in 6A. The only way you can really compare these teams is through Gallatin. MJ crushed them but had 2 weeks to prepare while Oakland lost in the final minute. If MJ were to play the same teams Oakland played then they might not be undefeated so don't let the records throw you off. Expect this to be a close game especially if Oakland can play 4 quarters of football.

MJ 24

Oakland 20

From an Hville fan

Don't see how you can say MJ is the worst 10-0 team in the state. If you look at comparative scores Hville lost to Riverdale 49-34 and gained over 500 yards on the Riverdale defense. They lost to MJ 41-10 and gained in the 200's. Both Riverdale and MJ beat Cookeville by similar scores. MJ has won big against everybody they have played. Not sure if they beat Riverdale but I have seen both teams and believe it would be a close game. I would agree that week in week out Riverdale played in a a tougher district but calling MJ the worst 10-0 team in the state is not close to being correct.

From an Hville fan

Don't see how you can say MJ is the worst 10-0 team in the state. If you look at comparative scores Hville lost to Riverdale 49-34 and gained over 500 yards on the Riverdale defense. They lost to MJ 41-10 and gained in the 200's. Both Riverdale and MJ beat Cookeville by similar scores. MJ has won big against everybody they have played. Not sure if they beat Riverdale but I have seen both teams and believe it would be a close game. I would agree that week in week out Riverdale played in a a tougher district but calling MJ the worst 10-0 team in the state is not close to being correct.

I've seen Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, Hendersonville, Gallatin and MJ play. MJ is definately the better team. Will anyone in 7AAA beat them? We will see.

I've seen Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, Hendersonville, Gallatin and MJ play. MJ is definately the better team. Will anyone in 7AAA beat them? We will see.

Yes they will see. By the way the bracket is seeded they will get a steady dose of 7AAA. It doesn't get any esaier after this one. That is if you get by Oakland. No scrub team there. You best come to play and not think it is a done deal. Good luck Patriots!!!! No injuries for either team.