Oakland @ Mt. Juliet

nrgrizzlies

From an Hville fan

Don't see how you can say MJ is the worst 10-0 team in the state. If you look at comparative scores Hville lost to Riverdale 49-34 and gained over 500 yards on the Riverdale defense. They lost to MJ 41-10 and gained in the 200's. Both Riverdale and MJ beat Cookeville by similar scores. MJ has won big against everybody they have played. Not sure if they beat Riverdale but I have seen both teams and believe it would be a close game. I would agree that week in week out Riverdale played in a a tougher district but calling MJ the worst 10-0 team in the state is not close to being correct.

Great point Mondo44 ... I can see the headlines now in the Tennessean...Worst 10-0 team ends up in Cookeville...

I agree 7AAA is toughest district in state...Maryville will not repeat as state champs and do not play the caliber of the teams in 7AAA week in and week out...Any of the top 3 teams in 7AAA would beat Maryville this yr..Maryville is talented but they are down this yr...Mt juliet just has a lot of weapons on offense and just tough to defense...But good luck to your Pats and maybe they can make me eat crow...lol

Any of the top 3 from 7AAA ... and we're down this year ... Entertaining stuff . :roflol:

I have no idea why we are talking about this game.

The real questions are:

1. How will Siegel matchup with Mt. Juliet in the 2nd round?

2. Will Oakland publish another YouTube video of McDaniel giving the greatest speech of all-time?

I spoke with Coach Perry and Coach McDaniel this week. They are two of the best in the business. My partner on our callin show picked Mt. Juliet at mid season to win it all. I can gaurantee you no undefeated one seed would ever expect to play this tough of a matchup in the first round. Honestly, these teams will provide a good measuring stick for each other to see how well they will matchup against the tougher East bracket. Should be an excellent game.

Honestly, Oakland is pretty good. The Riverdale game might not indicate it but 2 of our touchdowns came off two turnovers in the redzone. I bet the one with Trey Swader never happens again he wont allow that. That wasn't our great defense that caused that it was an accident on him receiving a punt. He is a great returner as he had that huge return against Smyrna for a TD. So really if you take away our 14pts that we got off that and the other fumble it ain't a beating. If they hold onto the ball they can do it. I think their defense played well against our offense. I know our QB got a couple of good runs but most of our offense on running was off of a couple big plays. We weren't able to get much yards on most of the runs. What I'm saying is I think the is 50/50 match up. I think both teams have their strengths and weaknesses. To say that mt Juliet is clearly the better team isn't so true. Oakland can win so as far as the person saying this is as likely as you winning the powerball then let me know the numbers you had in mind because it's alot more likely then most would say.

Honestly, Oakland fell off this season. All of your comments (if Oakland didn't turn the ball over twice in the redzone, and the fumble later on) are excuses for the Oakland fans and they can use them to feel better. People make these excuses all the time...the fact is, all of these things happened in the game, and they got their butts kicked. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Mt. Juliet is the better team right now...and Mt. Juliet will take care of Oakland this Friday.

Any of the top 3 from 7AAA ... and we're down this year ... Entertaining stuff . :roflol:

The only entertaining point is that the only caliber team that Maryville has played this year is Alcoa who has a 6-4 record and you won by one score ... No disrespect to the Maryville faithfull but This years state champion in 6A will be won by a middle Tennessee team...

The only entertaining point is that the only caliber team that Maryville has played this year is Alcoa who has a 6-4 record and you won by one score ... No disrespect to the Maryville faithfull but This years state champion in 6A will be won by a middle Tennessee team...

NAA , no disrespect at all ... you said Maryville would be 4th in 7AAA ... no disrespect at all there . :thumb: