Knoxville GCA breaks ground on new Stadium Field and refurbished Stadium

12thmanGCA

First of all, I am by now means a fan of GCA. However, when I read the above comment, my initial thought was that Clawball was just a Grace basher and there was no way this could be true. However, I googled it and found that Clawball knows exactly what he is talking about (at least per the Knox News Sentinel). My apologies for doubting you Clawball. I am not only shocked, but also disgusted by this. You just beat a team 40-0, and then you pour salt in the wound by singing this on the field (and the song is led by the head coach's son to boot?). What a total lack of class! You guys have totally destroyed your christian witness in this community!

I've heard enough out of Greenback. This was your best chance to beat us with a really good team. GCA came out ahead with the victory. Yes, we sang the song, yes, we sang it on your field. No Greenback players were around, no Greenback fans were around. So, there was no lack of class. A classless act would have been if the players sang the song while they went thru the line after the game.

As for the Christian witness that this team has and continues to build, I think I will let someone much higher than a Greenback poster judge that. You guys have no idea what this team goes thru to improve their walk with the Lord. It's not only talked about, but expected from these young men.

Have a nice off-season, enjoy the District title, it will be a LONG time before you win another one. That's not taking a shot at you, that's just letting you know that we will be better over the next couple of years.

Edited by gcapride

Well, with all the strong recruiting classes Grace has been bringing in, their number of students at school is jumping up quick!(I'm sure there are others who are coming for a great education. Who can blame those students? Have you seen Grace's classrooms?!?!) If they add too many more, that multiplier rule kicks in with the TSSAA and Grace will grow themselves right out of 2A! In a sense, keep it up! That way the district will be all teams with a fighting chance to win the district and also make the playoffs. I say give it one more year, maybe two. Then that district won't have to worry about Grace being legal. They'll be in the bigger districts and there won't be such a tell-tale sign of what's going on at Grace. Who knows, they may even be "blessed" to be in with CAK and Alcoa!

Their latest enrollment submitted to the TSSAA is 286, with a 1.8 multiplier that's 515 so they're right at the edge of being A (2A playoffs) and AA (3A) playoffs.

What's a little funny to me, and sure, maybe it was just coincidence-the A to AA cutoff was 519 at the last change (Loretto). Grace's enrollment had gone from 216 (389 multiplier) to 286 (515 multiplier), so they met the 20 percent growth requirement for a mid-classification period jump-but they were only four students short of matching Loretto, five to move into Class AA/3A football for the last two years of the four-year period.

Edited by Indian

Their latest enrollment submitted to the TSSAA is 286, with a 1.8 multiplier that's 515 so they're right at the edge of being A (2A playoffs) and AA (3A) playoffs.

What's a little funny to me, and sure, maybe it was just coincidence-the A to AA cutoff was 519 at the last change (Loretto). Grace's enrollment had gone from 216 (389 multiplier) to 286 (515 multiplier), so they met the 20 percent growth requirement for a mid-classification period jump-but they were only four students short of matching Loretto, five to move into Class AA/3A football for the last two years of the four-year period.

The TSSAA needs to just do a complete split.If you look at 2a and 3a ,the private schools are starting to dominate again. Its very possible that the best 3 teams in 2a were,Grace, Boyd and FC. In 3A CAK ,CPA and Goodpasture were amonst the best also. The multiplier did exactly what we all thought it would,just moved the problems up one class.

I've heard enough out of Greenback. This was your best chance to beat us with a really good team. GCA came out ahead with the victory. Yes, we sang the song, yes, we sang it on your field. No Greenback players were around, no Greenback fans were around. So, there was no lack of class. A classless act would have been if the players sang the song while they went thru the line after the game.

As for the Christian witness that this team has and continues to build, I think I will let someone much higher than a Greenback poster judge that. You guys have no idea what this team goes thru to improve their walk with the Lord. It's not only talked about, but expected from these young men.

Have a nice off-season, enjoy the District title, it will be a LONG time before you win another one. That's not taking a shot at you, that's just letting you know that we will be better over the next couple of years.

A true measure of character is what we do or how we act when we think no one else is watching :flower:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you may want to check your facts about Greenbacks best chance to beat Grace. We return a large number of starters on both sides of the ball next year. I think you may find next year won't be as easy as you are suggesting.

As for the team you guys had this year, they were extremely talented (something most GB fans knew going in). I did not hear the singing but read the same article. My definition of a classless act would be more along the lines of running a double reverse with my 2 best players still in the game, 8 minutes left, leading 28-0.

I will assume gcapride, that you assume, that no one in Greenback reads the paper? What about other christians and non-christians that read the newspaper. Where is Grace Christians witness to the whole world in that song ? What kind of deciples are you all at Grace Christian.If you have to somehow rationalize singing that altered Christian hymn then you all preach a Christianity of exclusiveness, not all inclusive.

The TSSAA needs to just do a complete split.If you look at 2a and 3a ,the private schools are starting to dominate again. Its very possible that the best 3 teams in 2a were,Grace, Boyd and FC. In 3A CAK ,CPA and Goodpasture were amonst the best also. The multiplier did exactly what we all thought it would,just moved the problems up one class.

There would certainly be enough programs now, even in football, where it should be able to happen if the Division I private schools want it. Previous worries about being lumped in a district with the likes of Brentwood Academy probably wouldn't be a concern.

I won't bore everyone with a long list of teams, but in football I counted 17 Division I privates and 35 Division II privates, along with two Division II privates currently playing eight-player football. If all went into Division II, true you'd have some financial aid and some non-financial aid in the smaller group or groups, but look at CAK, CPA, Friendship, Knoxville Grace currently in Division I, others, it shouldn't be that big a deal.

I also counted 13 non-TSSAA teams playing eight-player, and 2 non-TSSAA teams playing 11-player. If they could be assured they wouldn't be in there with a Goodpasture or CPA I'd have to think they would consider playing 11-player and joining the TSSAA. It would be good for their schools.

Similar to that, in basketball I counted around 70 non-TSSAA, high school age schools in the state. That's probably missing quite a few, too. I'm sure the competition level varies but again, if they knew they wouldn't be overmatched night in and night out, would be placed against teams their own size, they might join. Currently I counted 45 Division II schools with basketball (some are just male or female), 22 Division I schools with basketball. Even if football couldn't, basketball could split with no problem whether more non-TSSAA teams join or not.

Edited by Indian

You are a freaken idiot!these arent greenback football fans,these are everyday

people who heard and read what your team did and are speaking out about it,it has nothing to do with you all winning its about blasphemy and that is what this is,you all are the biggest hypocrits i have ever heard of or will ever hear of,you have no christian witness.I am totally sick of you all!This song had nothing to do with sports and you all make a mockery out of it,you all are a joke!And after we kick your backsides(because i cant type what i would like to say) next year on your new plastic field,comeover and sing me a song gomer!And by the way peanut head Jesus Christ died for whoSOever will not just GCA!

Edited by orngnblk

You are a freaken idiot!these arent greenback football fans,these are everyday

people who heard and read what your team did and are speaking out about it,it has nothing to do with you all winning its about blasphemy and that is what this is,you all are the biggest hypocrits i have ever heard of or will ever hear of,you have no christian witness.I am totally sick of you all!This song had nothing to do with sports and you all make a mockery out of it,you all are a joke!And after we kick your backsides(because i cant type what i would like to say) next year on your new plastic field,comeover and sing me a song gomer!And by the way peanut head Jesus Christ died for whoSOever will not just GCA!

It will be a long time before Greenback beats GCA again. I know you guys have a good team coming back next year, but GCA will be improved as well. You come on up to our plastic field next year. I'm certain you will have a long ride back home.

Your comments about the song and my beliefs are not relevant. I never said I agreed with the song or disagreed with the song. Go back and read what I said. You guys are taking this way too far. Nobody is implying that God is showing favor over one group or another and its not blasphemy.

It will be a long time before Greenback beats GCA again. I know you guys have a good team coming back next year, but GCA will be improved as well. You come on up to our plastic field next year. I'm certain you will have a long ride back home.

Your comments about the song and my beliefs are not relevant. I never said I agreed with the song or disagreed with the song. Go back and read what I said. You guys are taking this way too far. Nobody is implying that God is showing favor over one group or another and its not blasphemy.

The only folks on here that don't seem to see anything wrong with this behavior are GCA themselves. . . Well who wudda thought? Typical <_<

The only folks on here that don't seem to see anything wrong with this behavior are GCA themselves. . . Well who wudda thought? Typical <_<

There is nothing wrong with what is going on. You guys just keep on bashing, it really doesn't matter to us anymore. As long as we play (and beat) Division I teams, this will continue, and we know that. Bash away, I'm reading it with a smile on my face, I can assure you of that. As much as you and others on here want to get under our skin, it's not going to happen. We've moved past that.

I'm sorry, I don't know who your high school team of choice is, care to let me know? Thank you.