Maryville vs. Science Hill

tulsaunion

49-0 Maryville without even trying. If the Maryville field is in that bad of shape Kingsport would be glad to host a third round matchup(if we make it) at J. Fred Johnson Stadium on the turf. What do you think? Or how about at Neyland Stadium like some of the games used to be played back when i was in school? Roll Tribe!!!!!!

Gotta give ya that.... The Fred's nice... no doubt about it. :thumb:

I will be there next friday unless something else happens. I sure hope nothing bad happens. Science Hill will be much tougher than last year. Maryville could have won last years game 80-0. Hope Maryville wins and nobody gets hurt.

Ron, I promise you it won't be much different than last year. Maryville will average 10 yards a carry. If Carter throws too much, which he usually does, it will be mercy ruled by halftime. Maryville will not have played a softer "D" all year. Their Linebackers constantly stunt and are easy to pick off with down blocks which leaves huge lanes. Prevo will have a field day.

Ron, I promise you it won't be much different than last year. Maryville will average 10 yards a carry. If Carter throws too much, which he usually does, it will be mercy ruled by halftime. Maryville will not have played a softer "D" all year. Their Linebackers constantly stunt and are easy to pick off with down blocks which leaves huge lanes. Prevo will have a field day.

Carter is going to get to see the spread in its most perfect execution. I hate the spread because when it is done right it is frustrating to defend just like our wing-t. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Carter is going to get to see the spread in its most perfect execution. I hate the spread because when it is done right it is frustrating to defend just like our wing-t. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

The simplicity of Maryville's spread is what is beautiful about it. George really runs it with "veer" concepts and techinques balanced perfectly with every run play setting up something bigger. Science Hill's spread is run without a plan and with way too many deep routes that even George wouldn't make a high school quarerback throw.

Edited by Tornado89

Nice edit! Good thing it was slow when you originally made this post. :rolleyes:

Brain, fingers, and keyboard were not in sync yesterday. No one, not even the most die hard fan would predict that Science Hill would score 67 on Maryville. Well, unless you spot them that many. I guess when the right index reached for the 7 I hit in between the 6 and the 7 causing both to be placed. Has Maryville even given up 67 total points all year?

Edited by RebelConvert

Unless Maryville fans or other locals are sitting on the visitor side, the Hilltoppers who decide to travel down there will have plenty of leg room. Topper fans don't travel well, even when the traveling consists of driving one to two miles from their house to Kermit Tipton Stadium.

THS2004, this is so true. I've seen more fans at several Hawkins County middle school games. I don't get it. One of, if not the nicest field setups in NET, largest school by a bunch in East TN, a hand picked coaching staff, an improving Topper squad. What gives Johnson City?

Did you guys know that Steve Spurrier lost to the Cats on Blankenship Field when he played for the Toppers. He was kicker, punter, qb, safety. He did it all that night and they lost basically on the last play of the game. That game still bothers him to this day. He talked about it at the Knoxville QB Club one time.

JC is interesting, we went up there to the old field a few times and they had awesome crowds at home. That was in the late 90's. They have been to Blankenship a few times more recently and traveled extremely poorly. Like practically nobody came, and that was for the playoffs. I think if they get back to winning consistently the home crowds will pick up, but I can't see much support on the road games.

I will say Maryville wins this one, as bad as they want, same old story for the Rebs.

I know you guys want to play Riverdale down the road if you both win 2 more, but I want you to play Oak Ridge. good luck

I agree, the Hilltoppers do not seem to travel well. Maybe if they change thier name to the Gators or Gamecocks it would pick up a little. Heck, just get the coach to wear a visor and there might be a couple extra fans, lol. Would like to see a rematch with OR again if its in the cards, but we need to take it one game at a time. I am guessing 42-7 this Friday at the Black (and muddy) Hole this Friday.