South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

Greenback has not seen a team as good as the one they will see Friday night..Come back here on Friday night and I am sure you will say the same :thumb:

Powerp, you are going to have this Ridge man and these Greenback boys so mad by Friday, they will be biting nails. I garuntee you that you are making it harder on our boys to win this game. These Greenback boys have seen some good teams. If Grider does not have our kicker trained and our lineman trained to nock a bigger hole for our runners to run through we might get beat. You think im joking but im not. My Murphy Fair book says this Ridge man has some real good players.

Edited by Roy Dillard

You may want to stay,I came here in 78,and I haven't left yet.Every thing is slow here except GB football team.

Thx tnridgerunner, but I can't think of a better place to live than SP. Everything is slow there too except Pirate football. Looking forward to a great evening of small town ball on a Friday nite!

I remember the days when Greenback would just hammer us on a yearly basis, then it took a turn later in the 90's. I believe Greenback has a good football team this year, but I also think South Pitt has a good team (when they are all healthy). Don't really know what to expect in this one. Anytime you go on the road it is a challenge, hopefully the South Pitt boys will step up to this next challenge.

I actually went to that game 92 playoff game at GB and remember Greenback had a receiver that bailed the qb out a lot on some deep balls. Seemed like that guy could catch anything whether it was deep and 2 feet off the ground or deep and 3 feet over his head.

One other thing about the 1992 game. It was the last game coached by Don Grider.

Jackinthebox was the best running back in Blount County history. His son is on that Greenback team and he is better than the old man. You think im jokin but im not. If you SP guys have any trouble filling in your schedule next year, just drive on up 411 a few more miles into Blount county and a couple of schools will help you out. You think im jokin but im not.

Jackinthebox was the best running back in Blount County history. His son is on that Greenback team and he is better than the old man. You think im jokin but im not. If you SP guys have any trouble filling in your schedule next year, just drive on up 411 a few more miles into Blount county and a couple of schools will help you out. You think im jokin but im not.

Maybe you should just worry about Austin-East next year or maybe let their kicker pay you $500 to go to school over there. :lol: Besides, we already have a full schedule next year with 3 3a schools, 1 4a school and 1 6a school not to mention 3 2a schools which accounts for 8 of those 10 games. Besides, why would we drop Boyd Buch. or Jasper which we have played for a long time and is probably our 2nd most heated rivalry. Dropping Jasper would be like Maryville dropping Alcoa.

Edited by rlh

Maybe you should just worry about Austin-East next year or maybe let their kicker pay you $500 to go to school over there. :lol: Besides, we already have a full schedule next year with 3 3a schools, 1 4a school and 1 6a school not to mention 3 2a schools which accounts for 8 of those 10 games. Besides, why would we drop Boyd Buch. or Jasper which we have played for a long time and is probably our 2nd most heated rivalry. Dropping Jasper would be like Maryville dropping Alcoa.

Man you really know how to hurt a guy. Here I am just trying to be helpful and this is what I get. Giving you tips on players and trying to help with your schedule. I thought you guys were mad because Greenback wouldn't play in the regular season? I took that to mean you had trouble filling out your schedule. On a serious note, how did you guys compare to Grace's size? I saw them against GB and they were as big as some 6A schools I've seen.

Greenback had some good teams in the early 90s...UncleDave remembers scrimmaging them a couple years in the summer before the season started. 92 was probably the best team Greenback had in the 90s...they only lost 8-6 to FRA who went on the win the state that year. I have to give props to a friend for giving me that info, but I do remember them having a heck of a quarterback that year.

You have it all mixed up UncleDave; 1991, we were beat by FRA 8-6 in the quarterfinals; 1992, we were beat by Oneida 17-12 in the semifinals and they went on to beat BGA in finals 13-10. The quarterback thing you have correct tho, he started every game after Midway in 1989 through 1992 with the exception of one game in 1992 against Meigs Co. that I know of. As for the 90s, 1991-93 were good years even tho we were put out of the playoffs by the eventual state champion('93 Trousdale Co. 15-14) all three years.