South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

No SP doesn't have a wrestling team and the closes we have is down a block off main street where they do the redneck wrestling!!!OMG you oughta see some people that go in and come out of there!!It's funny!!SP is a very small place where religion,family, and football and oh yes cornbread are of the highest priorities!!I have a nephew who lives in Lebanon TN and loves it over here with the atmosphere we have on game night and he want's his family to move here so his boy's can go to school over here and experience what I've been so blessed to experience my whole life. I know you other people feel stongly about your town and school but to win as many gold ball's as we have and to have played in that many state championship's for such a small place against always bigger school's is amazing!!I love my school and town!!

Your thing is football,Bradley Central's is wrestling,Greenback had a great wrestling team while Ridge was coaching,Highschool wrestling is a great sport ,I thought it was boring before my oldest grandson was on the team,I only went because of him after that I begin to like it very much.Jackie Miller was one of Greenback's best wrestlers,he wrestled at MTSU and there are some videos of him at youtube wrestling at MTSU.Jackie is not my grandson.

Your thing is football,Bradley Central's is wrestling,Greenback had a great wrestling team while Ridge was coaching,Highschool wrestling is a great sport ,I thought it was boring before my oldest grandson was on the team,I only went because of him after that I begin to like it very much.Jackie Miller was one of Greenback's best wrestlers,he wrestled at MTSU and there are some videos of him at youtube wrestling at MTSU.Jackie is not my grandson.

I have some friends who kid's wrestle in Georgia and I didn't know till he told me how big the sport actually was. I'll watch that kid from GB on youtube to check him out.. We're always proud no matter what sport any kid excells in later on in college. Tell's me they have that drive!!!

Man you really know how to hurt a guy. Here I am just trying to be helpful and this is what I get. Giving you tips on players and trying to help with your schedule. I thought you guys were mad because Greenback wouldn't play in the regular season? I took that to mean you had trouble filling out your schedule. On a serious note, how did you guys compare to Grace's size? I saw them against GB and they were as big as some 6A schools I've seen.

Here are some still shots from that game that may help you compare. You can also see a couple of "No Called Fumbles" BTW

Just thought I would throw that in there.

SP vs GCA

There was an earthquake in Greenback last night. Is everyone ok?

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 06:34:42 UTC

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 01:34:42 AM at epicenter

Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

35.662°N, 84.162°W

Depth

12.7 km (7.9 miles)

Region

EASTERN TENNESSEE

Distances

1 km (0 miles) NNE (24°) from Greenback, TN

Location Uncertainty

horizontal +/- 0.6 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 0.8 km (0.5 miles)

Warning: I predict another earthquake Friday at 7:00 EDT..

You have it all mixed up UncleDave; 1991, we were beat by FRA 8-6 in the quarterfinals; 1992, we were beat by Oneida 17-12 in the semifinals and they went on to beat BGA in finals 13-10. The quarterback thing you have correct tho, he started every game after Midway in 1989 through 1992 with the exception of one game in 1992 against Meigs Co. that I know of. As for the 90s, 1991-93 were good years even tho we were put out of the playoffs by the eventual state champion('93 Trousdale Co. 15-14) all three years.

Who was that receiver in 1992?

Man you really know how to hurt a guy. Here I am just trying to be helpful and this is what I get. Giving you tips on players and trying to help with your schedule. I thought you guys were mad because Greenback wouldn't play in the regular season? I took that to mean you had trouble filling out your schedule. On a serious note, how did you guys compare to Grace's size? I saw them against GB and they were as big as some 6A schools I've seen.

This year, SP matched up failry well with the size and I think SP was probably overall faster. 3 inches of water on the field negated the latter though. :roflol:

Well after 425 replies there's not much else to write about the game. I do hope everyone is careful and I hope all the boy's are blessed with protection throughout the game on both sides. We have to remember this is just a game that is fun to trash talk about but please don't ever get so mad you wanna do bodily injury to anyone. CoachT is for us to have fun on and I apprexiate this site. some people just think we SP folk's carry it over the line but we just like to rattle cages is all so please don't take it personal.. I appreciate the GB faiyhful for being on here. Heck we've played some school's this year and not one single person even got on here to chat with us!!Oh well onemore thing ROY. I talked to pegleg last night and I believe he is charging 25 dollars for a round trip to GB on his plane!!Just depend's on which plane he fly's as to how many he can take but I know you'd be a special guest!!!

Yea, I sure Roy will when he learns I may have ladies from his favorite restuarant on board, serving soft drinks to the guest. Looking forward to this game especially after hearing from D60 about how our boys are fired up.

Well put with character Ambassador.The ones trying to bully and install fear in people have no character or values.All they have are big mouths.

The problem is, all of that was outlined in detail by a Greenback poster and myself and if the fence rider had taken a look, he would have seen that 90, 91 and 92 playoffs were the only losses SP had overall against Greenback. Beginning in 93 SP has an 8 -0 record over GB and a 9 -1 combined record. No one has denied that GB is one of the top football traditions in 1a. SP, Lake County, Gordonsville and Greenback in that order have always been Class A or 1a teams.