South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

Powerp, you are going to have this Ridge man and these Greenback boys so mad by Friday, they will be biting nails. I garuntee you that you are making it harder on our boys to win this game. These Greenback boys have seen some good teams. If Grider does not have our kicker trained and our lineman trained to nock a bigger hole for our runners to run through we might get beat. You think im joking but im not. My Murphy Fair book says this Ridge man has some real good players.

Our boys like a tough challenge. Playing on the road is a tough challenge. I think that is when the pirates play their best, when they have a little competition to go up against. We can't just show up and win no, but I think our line will step it up this week with big Cody back at center and everyone else will be in their natural spots. The line wil knock some holes this week.

There was an earthquake in Greenback last night. Is everyone ok?

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 06:34:42 UTC

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 01:34:42 AM at epicenter

Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

35.662°N, 84.162°W

Depth

12.7 km (7.9 miles)

Region

EASTERN TENNESSEE

Distances

1 km (0 miles) NNE (24°) from Greenback, TN

Location Uncertainty

horizontal +/- 0.6 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 0.8 km (0.5 miles)

Edited by Red Rebels

I remember the days when Greenback would just hammer us on a yearly basis, then it took a turn later in the 90's. I believe Greenback has a good football team this year, but I also think South Pitt has a good team (when they are all healthy). Don't really know what to expect in this one. Anytime you go on the road it is a challenge, hopefully the South Pitt boys will step up to this next challenge.

Well put with character Ambassador.The ones trying to bully and install fear in people have no character or values.All they have are big mouths.

Our boys like a tough challenge. Playing on the road is a tough challenge. I think that is when the pirates play their best, when they have a little competition to go up against. We can't just show up and win no, but I think our line will step it up this week with big Cody back at center and everyone else will be in their natural spots. The line wil knock some holes this week.

This has indeed been a week of extraordinarily spirited practices. These boys are ready mentally and physically to give it all they've got. There will be a pep rally tonight. I'll try to find out when and where then let you guys know.

Thx tnridgerunner, but I can't think of a better place to live than SP. Everything is slow there too except Pirate football. Looking forward to a great evening of small town ball on a Friday nite!

I'd say South Pitt probably is a good place to live,that is if you have good ridges to run on.I 've never been to South Pittsburg,but we are going to check it out,I will go to Madisonville take state 68 to US 27 south to I-24,very little traffic that way,that is the way I go to Red Bank when Greenback Wrestling competes there.Does South Pitt have a wrestling team?

Man you really know how to hurt a guy. Here I am just trying to be helpful and this is what I get. Giving you tips on players and trying to help with your schedule. I thought you guys were mad because Greenback wouldn't play in the regular season? I took that to mean you had trouble filling out your schedule. On a serious note, how did you guys compare to Grace's size? I saw them against GB and they were as big as some 6A schools I've seen.

Film I saw we were just as big as them with more athletes...We just played them in conditions that our team wasn't prepared for and shot ourself in the foot...Gotta be easy with some SP fans....They get very upset if u take jabs at them....I kinda play both ways and enjoy taking jabs at them too just cause its so fun but at the same time I back them since we root for the same team....Some fans are realistic and others not so much...With that being sad I think SP should've scheduled Alcoa this year instead of SM....You guys are down a bit but will be back stronger next two

Well after 425 replies there's not much else to write about the game. I do hope everyone is careful and I hope all the boy's are blessed with protection throughout the game on both sides. We have to remember this is just a game that is fun to trash talk about but please don't ever get so mad you wanna do bodily injury to anyone. CoachT is for us to have fun on and I apprexiate this site. some people just think we SP folk's carry it over the line but we just like to rattle cages is all so please don't take it personal.. I appreciate the GB faiyhful for being on here. Heck we've played some school's this year and not one single person even got on here to chat with us!!Oh well onemore thing ROY. I talked to pegleg last night and I believe he is charging 25 dollars for a round trip to GB on his plane!!Just depend's on which plane he fly's as to how many he can take but I know you'd be a special guest!!!

I'd say South Pitt probably is a good place to live,that is if you have good ridges to run on.I 've never been to South Pittsburg,but we are going to check it out,I will go to Madisonville take state 68 to US 27 south to I-24,very little traffic that way,that is the way I go to Red Bank when Greenback Wrestling competes there.Does South Pitt have a wrestling team?

No SP doesn't have a wrestling team and the closes we have is down a block off main street where they do the redneck wrestling!!!OMG you oughta see some people that go in and come out of there!!It's funny!!SP is a very small place where religion,family, and football and oh yes cornbread are of the highest priorities!!I have a nephew who lives in Lebanon TN and loves it over here with the atmosphere we have on game night and he want's his family to move here so his boy's can go to school over here and experience what I've been so blessed to experience my whole life. I know you other people feel stongly about your town and school but to win as many gold ball's as we have and to have played in that many state championship's for such a small place against always bigger school's is amazing!!I love my school and town!!

I would like to apologize in advance but the living legend just will not be able to make it this week. My financial agent has booked the legend for a speaking engagement Friday at the Riverdale game. I have put #6 and #50 on my list to watch to possibly be elevated to legend status. I have been watching #2 and #15, but those young lads just have not lived up to be a legend this year. Hopefully Sportman will not be to disappointed that I will not be at this game. I know Sportman likes mingling with a legend such as myself and trying to just breath some of the same air as a legend such as myself. I expect South Pittsburg to win this game. They have three living legends pacing the sidelines. Good luck to all the young lads that play the game.

Once again you are a idiot.

Jackinthebox was the best running back in Blount County history. His son is on that Greenback team and he is better than the old man. You think im jokin but im not. If you SP guys have any trouble filling in your schedule next year, just drive on up 411 a few more miles into Blount county and a couple of schools will help you out. You think im jokin but im not.

Yeah because our small 1A school should be playing the 3A & 6A powerhouse. We dont even get kids from Chattanooga much less Knoxville. Dont be stupid. Nothing to gain for yall & all we do is get hurt when we play the bigger teams. This year we have had more injuries then I can ever remember.