South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

I look for Sp to beat Greenback pretty good this week and for Lv to squeak by Coalfield. This way we get a home game in the third.

I think the winner of this wins the Gold Ball. Be aware south pitt., Greenback might be some good ole boys off the farm ,but they can play some football.Greenbacks QB/RB combo is a dangerous combination , specially for 1A football and there defense might be small but there fast and will hit you in the mouth. I think greenback wins this in a close one.

Be prepared for the GB pick-up trucks to be backed up to the chain link fence, on the visitors side, that Maj was talking about. Visitor bleachers are very small and so is the sideline area. Sideline warnings/penalties are a favorite when playing on that field. Let's just say that it makes for a very comfy atmosphere!

I say this could be the biggest crowd greenback has had in a long time, expect everyone in town to be at this game. The atmosphere Friday night should be electric, I mark this down as one of the biggest games in greenback history. This will be a tough place for south pitt to come in and win at.

Cooper Field always provides a good small school setting. I remember a game up there 20 years ago in the playoffs. Greenback administered a severe beating to So. Pitt that night. Hope this Greenback team isn't as good as that one.

I remember that game as well as a couple of severe beatings delivered by the Pirates like the one in 1994.

I say this could be the biggest crowd greenback has had in a long time, expect everyone in town to be at this game. The atmosphere Friday night should be electric, I mark this down as one of the biggest games in greenback history. This will be a tough place for south pitt to come in and win at.

You are correct but don't assume that everone wearing Orange and Black is from Greenback. Also don't be surprised if you realize you are outnumbered. Lastly, I doubt this is the biggest game in history because you guys mad several title runs in the old Class A days. I would have to think a team that could win a Class A title could compete in 1a any time. thumb[1].gif

I will take a line from Roy Dillard. "What is this mess all about?" Oh RebelRon on here pulling for the enemy. I always pull for those Rebels from Maryville and you have gone and went against us. You hurt me Ron, you hurt me.

Greenback is close to Maryville. I went to school with a parent(Matback) of one of the players. I also work with a Greenback cheerleaders dad. Nothing personal against SP.

You are correct but don't assume that everone wearing Orange and Black is from Greenback. Also don't be surprised if you realize you are outnumbered. Lastly, I doubt this is the biggest game in history because you guys mad several title runs in the old Class A days. I would have to think a team that could win a Class A title could compete in 1a any time. thumb[1].gif

Talent wise on both sides of the field , I dont think theres been a better game in greenback in a long time. So this will be a huge game in greenback, maybe not the biggest game ever let me correct myself , but one of the biggest games in greenback in along time . Greenback Fans Back them trucks up against the fence and bring them cow bells out , its gonna be a heck of a game.

I think the winner of this wins the Gold Ball. Be aware south pitt., Greenback might be some good ole boys off the farm ,but they can play some football.Greenbacks QB/RB combo is a dangerous combination , specially for 1A football and there defense might be small but there fast and will hit you in the mouth. I think greenback wins this in a close one.

Greenback will not come within 28-35 points of SP. Wait and see. Trust me. I am glad you are positive about your team though. Plus Grider is mad at Greenback so he will have his boys ready for war.

Greenback will not come within 28-35 points of SP. Wait and see. Trust me. I am glad you are positive about your team though. Plus Grider is mad at Greenback so he will have his boys ready for war.

Why is Grider mad at greenback ? Wow if your sayin SP is gonna beat greenback on its home field , you must be crazy , but we will see come friday night. Theres a reason greenback is 9-1 and you SP fans will find out real quick come friday.

The story is Greenback is one of the teams SP tried to schedule, non-district. That's as good a method for motivation as any other, I imagine. I would have expected the chance to advance to the next round would be motivation enough.

well I can understand not wanting to schedule a team like SP for a regular season game because look there now meeting in the playoffs , why schedule a team that you got a very good chance of facing in the playoffs, wouldnt make sense for either team. Now I dont wont you SP fans thinkin im knockin your team by no means. This will be the toughest team greenback has played in along team and yes im sry grace fans I did say that, you guys got lucky it rained a mess last wk. But theres no way this is a blowout , this one comes down to the end and i gotta go with my cherokees and yes this game will be an all out war.