South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

S.P loses some kids to Hardy High School which is 1 mile down the road. They also lose kids to St. Andrews private school in Sewanee and they still get occasionally raided by North Jackson. I think So. pitt averages between 50-70 kids per grade level.

I thought that must be the case.Makes alot more sense.SP would be a pretty big school if all the kids stayed.But thats never going to happen.

I thought that must be the case.Makes alot more sense.SP would be a pretty big school if all the kids stayed.But thats never going to happen.

Even with the students that went to Richard Hardy Memorial when the expanded from k - 9 to k -12. SP would still be an A school or 1a school. The # of students going to privates probably wouldn't effect it as much number wise as it would talent wise, and the same thing for fence jumping turncoats.

Even with the students that went to Richard Hardy Memorial when the expanded from k - 9 to k -12. SP would still be an A school or 1a school. The # of students going to privates probably wouldn't effect it as much number wise as it would talent wise, and the same thing for fence jumping turncoats.

I'm not so sure about that,looking at something else,SP had 39 percent attending private schools in highschool,it was only 3 percent in elementary. The national average was 9 percent and Tn was 12 .SP loses more kids that most.

Haahahahahaha.. Funniest thing I've ever heard. Seriously the most ignorant thing someone has ever put on here. U guys better not overlook this team or it could come back and bite u. To the person who asked how fast #2 is in his 50 yard dash?? Haha his 40 is 4.48 last time I've checked but that is besides the point. This is a young and tough team. It could go either way. If they force a couple turnovers it will happen. An to the person who said something about getting the fire trucks to wet the field? Come on get a life u know nothing about football and just like to "talk" . 21 24 greenback

Someone is wound up a little to tight. I hope nothing snaps before the week is out, especially about 9 pm Friday night.

Edited by rlh

Newsflash moron, we have around 3,500 residents in and around South Pittsburg. Kids that play at South Pittsburg have been there K-12….and I would almost bet 90% of them fit this scenario. We have one transfer on the team this year that lived in SP for several years before his family moved to Georgia due to work. No matter what us Pirate fans tell folks on here, most of you think we have to recruit to be so good every year. All I can tell you is that the tradition here has a lot to do with the success. You do need athletes, but good coaching and tradition go along ways.

Beene Stadium has been updated a lot, but all of that money has come from donations. Hometown people that are proud of their town and football team donate countless hours so that the kids in South Pittsburg can have good facilities for all sporting events. Not downing any school or community, but that is what it takes to have what SP has.

All of GCA money has come from donations also so whats your point.

S.P has never had more than 300 students in 9-12 in the history of the school. Pujo are you coming to watch us against Greenback this week? We could use the extra support. It sounds like all of Loudon County will be pulling against us.

I'll be watching Hampton and Oneida,but depending on how things go.I might watch you guys in about 3 weeks. You never know who will be there,but a SP ,Gordonsville game would be an attractive event.

S.P loses some kids to Hardy High School which is 1 mile down the road. They also lose kids to St. Andrews private school in Sewanee and they still get occasionally raided by North Jackson. I think So. pitt averages between 50-70 kids per grade level.

The kids they lose are the ones that cant play football.(selective enrollment). I rest my case. :roflol:

The kids they lose are the ones that cant play football.(selective enrollment). I rest my case. :roflol:

South Pitt has lost several good football players to surrounding schools. The Bynum kid a few years ago went to North Jackson and now plays for Jacksonville State. The Muir kid went to Marion County and was an allstate performer in 2008. They just lost an all state caliber kid this year to McCallie. He was a 6'4 freshmen QB so you are WRONG about not losing any good players. Talk about something you know about instead of speculating.

All of GCA money has come from donations also so whats your point.

I just don't see your point in the "selective enrollment" statement. We play with what we have in the town...sorry but we don't have a huge enrollment like you must think.

Private schools get the money for facilities from tuiton...public schools have to raise it thru donations so that is not a comparison at all.

I guess since the Pirates stifled your Rams and played with them better than most public schools, you think we "recruit". Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have to recruit...the home kids here in South Pittsburg are all that is needed.

Too bad the Rams could not continue to play because they would not have liked what they would see in Trousdale County.