South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

I'm not so sure about that,looking at something else,SP had 39 percent attending private schools in highschool,it was only 3 percent in elementary. The national average was 9 percent and Tn was 12 .SP loses more kids that most.

It sure hasn't hurt our football championships any....

I guess since the Pirates stifled your Rams and played with them better than most public schools, you think we "recruit". Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have to recruit...the home kids here in South Pittsburg are all that is needed.

Too bad the Rams could not continue to play because they would not have liked what they would see in Trousdale County.

We dont have any 6'4 300 plus pound guys from across state lines so yeah i guess you do recruit better than we do. Let me guess that family moved back from GA on job related issues to. Making cornbread. :roflol:

This is a perfect example of someone that does not know anything about football.. Just keep lookin at poles. Nobody worrys about who you've played or who would beat who if they played. This will be a good football game. Go cherokees

you are an idiot, I said nothing about poles, merely talking about competition we have played vs what I have seen on film. this won't be a good football game for you, but will be for us.

I'm not so sure about that,looking at something else,SP had 39 percent attending private schools in highschool,it was only 3 percent in elementary. The national average was 9 percent and Tn was 12 .SP loses more kids that most.

Pujo, something odd about those stats. We never had much more than 300 students since classifications began in 1969. Until 1995, Richard Hardy Memorial only went through the 9th grade. That would be where the majority of SP zoned kids would go instead of SP. The rest would be similar numbers to other valley schools regarding kids going to St. Andrews, Boyd, McCallie etc. Even in the old AAA system, Jasper went AA in the early 80s (1982) and SP remained single A. Richard Hardy has 307 students in grades k -12. Even with all their H.S. students, SPHS would still be 1a, but it would be a big part of that 39% number.

Edited by rlh

Like someone said our only common opponent with Greenback is Grace Christian. Grace floored them 40-0, but don't forget that it took GCA three overtimes, home field advantage, and a field goal kicker to beat us. The horrible weather and field conditions slowed both offenses down, but I fully believe we would have won on a dry field. Other than GCA, Greenback has played only three winning teams - records of 6-4 each. Their other victories came against losing teams, including a forfeit. Only four of their games were against higher classes and those four were only 2A's. Seven of SP's opponents were winning teams. We played 2 2A's, 3 3A's, 1 4A, and 1 6A. The schedule comparison says it all. We've paid our dues. Friday night Greenback will pay their's.

We dont have any 6'4 300 plus pound guys from across state lines so yeah i guess you do recruit better than we do. Let me guess that family moved back from GA on job related issues to. Making cornbread. :roflol:

They moved back to their home town dipstick. He isn't living with his preacher, and his preacher "ain't" paying his tuition.

Edit: By the way, the don't make cornmeal in SP, they make the cast iron skillets its made in.

Edited by rlh

Like someone said our only common opponent with Greenback is Grace Christian. Grace floored them 40-0, but don't forget that it took GCA three overtimes, home field advantage, and a field goal kicker to beat us. The horrible weather and field conditions slowed both offenses down, but I fully believe we would have won on a dry field. Other than GCA, Greenback has played only three winning teams - records of 6-4 each. Their other victories came against losing teams, including a forfeit. Only four of their games were against higher classes and those four were only 2A's. Seven of SP's opponents were winning teams. We played 2 2A's, 3 3A's, 1 4A, and 1 6A. The schedule comparison says it all. We've paid our dues. Friday night Greenback will pay their's.

Actually, we played 3 2a schools, Jasper, Boyd Buch., and GCA. thumb[1].gif

:roflol:

No I'd say its quite the oppisite.You keep the ballplayers and lose the fluff.But its nothing that the SP people are doing wrong,its just a seperation of the sheep and goats.

You hit it pujo. We need one of those Richard Hardy schools to baby sit the fluff so we can stay in single A and have our sonics and things of that nature. I just wonder if they have tryouts on enrollment day. :roflol: