Class A Mr. Football Finalists

theGURU

These young men should be honored to be chosen as a finalist for this award. Granted the best player doesn't always win, but it's still a nice honor to recieve. I wish the South Pitt boys the best of luck in this one, but I look for the Wayne County lineman to win it and Jacob Tucker will win back of the year. I am still amazed that Lankford had the type of year he has put together. It's hard to believe that he actually entered the season as the BACKUP RB. Johnson has finally gotten healthy and I truly believe he would have also had a really good season if he had been healthy. I look for BIG things from him in the future as well.

I know all 3 are very deserving and probably several more that didnt make it this far. Hope your correct in your pick... lol... but will not be suprised if any one of the three get it, just hope the guys and their teams keep their head clear and keep playing hard.

Don't blink but there may be another one right behind them. :mrgreen:

I don't know about that! We don't have another RB in the roster with speed like that...4 will have a big year alongside Lankford in 13 but his SR he will need some bigtime help from underclassman to have a Monster SR year...There are supposedly a couple intriguing 8th grade runners but that's a long ways off...4will be the centerpiece in 14 without a doubt

I don't know about that! We don't have another RB in the roster with speed like that...4 will have a big year alongside Lankford in 13 but his SR he will need some bigtime help from underclassman to have a Monster SR year...There are supposedly a couple intriguing 8th grade runners but that's a long ways off...4will be the centerpiece in 14 without a doubt

That would put the 8th graders in the 10th grade when he is a senior.

Old Pirate says if D. Johnson would get serious in the weight house along with rest of the team he could really be a top candidate next year. The kids should realize off season workouts are a huge part of success during the season and the conditioned body is far less likely to sustain nagging injuries that prevent best performances on game night.

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO MADE THE LIST

That would put the 8th graders in the 10th grade when he is a senior.

Actually they would be 11th graders since he is a frosh this year...Still never know how kids turn in High school some really sprout wings and take off others stop growing and never live up to the little league and jr high reputations...The future is bright at SP for the foreseeable future...Not sure how much is in little league

Edited by TrainTracks99

Actually they would be 11th graders since he is a frosh this year...Still never know how kids turn in High school some really sprout wings and take off others stop growing and never live up to the little league and jr high reputations...The future is bright at SP for the foreseeable future...Not sure how much is in little league

Well was told last night we swept Jasper through every age group. I was told speed kills. so I would think it's bright for at least 10 more years.

i dont know whats goin on but tyler warbritton isn'tgetting any recognition he's a special kid and he has plyers surrounding him unlike tucker which could cut into the stats he could be getting my prediction is that he'll win it

Tucker had all the hype from last year going into this season. I'm sure Warbritton is a great player, but I don't see any way Tucker doesn't win it. This is no knock towards the other two. I can think of several instances where the best player in his class didn't win it...not saying that's the case this year.

Seven alot of times the best player don't win it. You are correct. SP has had a few nominees that were shocking and a few who deserved it and didn't get nominated. Just part of it.

Not taking away anything from the past winners, but...

...come to mind immediately. The thing about these three years in particular, and I'm sure there are a few more, the best players showed why they got the shaft...while playing on turf! JMHO.

Edited by SEVEN

I was basing it on 8 + 10 = 10 (sophomore)

and 10 + 2 = 12 (senior)