powerp

What will the final be?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will the final score be

• SP by 2 td's or less
    • SP by 3 td's or more
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or less
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or more

Seven players from the Coalfield High School football team involved in an on-field brawl last Friday, could miss Friday's Class 1A state quarterfinal against South Pittsburg, according to the TSSAA.

Coalfield (10-1) has until Wednesday to reply back to the TSSAA with their course of action, Gillespie said. Lookout Valley, since it was eliminated from the playoffs, has until Monday to respond.

Knox News Coalfield Suspensions

Seven players from the Coalfield High School football team involved in an on-field brawl last Friday, could miss Friday's Class 1A state quarterfinal against South Pittsburg, according to the TSSAA.

Coalfield (10-1) has until Wednesday to reply back to the TSSAA with their course of action, Gillespie said. Lookout Valley, since it was eliminated from the playoffs, has until Monday to respond.

Knox News Coalfield Suspensions

Pegleg, I read this article and I garuntee you this Childress man is going to make this Gillespie man tell that Henry man that those boys can not play against Grider. This Childress man does not play with cheating or fighting. I garuntee you that. He made Griders players sit out last year when they got into a fight. You think im joking but im not.

Pegleg, I read this article and I garuntee you this Childress man is going to make this Gillespie man tell that Henry man that those boys can not play against Grider. This Childress man does not play with cheating or fighting. I garuntee you that. He made Griders players sit out last year when they got into a fight. You think im joking but im not.

I want to hear that Henry man's answer Wednesday. Childress might let him just say they are sorry, and let it go at that.

Greenback's two weeks of preparation paid off in the first half, but Coach Vic countered it with a few minutes of halftime preparation. That's the difference between us and other teams. Sure we have talent and speed, but we have a coaching staff second to none. That 19-play drive that extended from the third quarter into the fourth took the wind out of Greenback's sails and took them out of the game. We were down 17-6, but came back with 22 unanswered points. Whatever we did wrong we made up for it. Our offensive line stepped up and controlled nearly the entire second half.

Coalfield will be a completely different game. They haven't had two weeks to prepare, and they lost some of their best players last week. We, too, are still fighting the injury bug. From the reports it's not clear if racism played a part in the fight with Lookout Valley, but I'm concerned that it might be a factor with us. I hope our boys keep a cool head and not let mind games interfere.

Again, I can't say enough how proud I am of our OL stepping up with that 19-play drive. Unfortunately, it ended in an interception, but it took away the time Greenback needed to get back in the game. Ball control will be key against Coalfield, so I hope the trend continues.

Good post!

• Upvote 1

I want to hear that Henry man's answer Wednesday. Childress might let him just say they are sorry, and let it go at that.

Your joking. That Childress man is not going to let that Henry mans boys off that easy. I garuntee you that Childress man will make them sit out this week. Griders needs to write down those boys numbers and make sure they dont go in the game. That Childress man does not put up with cheating and fighting. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, I guess you think a young man playing football is supposed to just stand there and let someone hit him in the mouth and take it. You also can't tell me that if the shoes were on your feet that you would just stand there and take it too. Yes it was very unfortunate that the fight happened but sometimes there is no other way out. You can only push someone so far before it has to stop. If you've seen the video you will understand. Either way we have to live with the outcome and play ball. Good Luck to you on Friday night. !!!

Edited by YellowBall

Greenback's two weeks of preparation paid off in the first half, but Coach Vic countered it with a few minutes of halftime preparation. That's the difference between us and other teams. Sure we have talent and speed, but we have a coaching staff second to none. That 19-play drive that extended from the third quarter into the fourth took the wind out of Greenback's sails and took them out of the game. We were down 17-6, but came back with 22 unanswered points. Whatever we did wrong we made up for it. Our offensive line stepped up and controlled nearly the entire second half.

Coalfield will be a completely different game. They haven't had two weeks to prepare, and they lost some of their best players last week. We, too, are still fighting the injury bug. From the reports it's not clear if racism played a part in the fight with Lookout Valley, but I'm concerned that it might be a factor with us. I hope our boys keep a cool head and not let mind games interfere.

Again, I can't say enough how proud I am of our OL stepping up with that 19-play drive. Unfortunately, it ended in an interception, but it took away the time Greenback needed to get back in the game. Ball control will be key against Coalfield, so I hope the trend continues.

Let me ask you a question. Is their any SEC schools talking to Grider right now like that Ole Miss school? If he is that good, then he will eventually be coaching in the SEC. You think im joking but im not.

It didn't name adll the players. What players were ejected? South Pitt needs to only look in the mirror and worry about that team right now. Being prepared for a quarterfinal game should be the only concern.

Exactly, it's all about us...can't worry about them or next week...etc, focus on what we need to do to get to next week and worry about it then.

Hey 12thmanGCA, Lets look at this situation for a minute. South Pitt and Coalfield will be playing in what is building to be a very big game this Friday night, and where is GCA ? AT HOME !!! South Pitt folks, we look forward to the show down this week which should be a very good game. make your way on up Hwy 27 and turn right on Coalhill road and you run right into the school. Coalhill is a small road, but our school buses run up and down it every day. It's 5.2 miles once you make the turn to the school.

We have accomodated several hundred visitors at our place on many numerous Friday nights so pile in your buses, cars, trucks or what ever your making the trip in and come experience HS Football at it's best. We have a Great football tradition around here where everything shuts down on a Friday night and the entire community comes together under the lights.

Good Luck to you and we look forward to a GREAT Game.

GO JACKETS !!!!

Is that coalhill road marked good. It will be dark so can you give us some landmarks when we get close to that road? Thanks for the info and looking forward to coming to your place this friday!!

Let me ask you a question. Is their any SEC schools talking to Grider right now like that Ole Miss school? If he is that good, then he will eventually be coaching in the SEC. You think im joking but im not.

Maybe Tennessee. That's where Vic went to college. But it might take more than a halftime talk to get them up to speed.