powerp

What will the final be?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will the final score be

• SP by 2 td's or less
    • SP by 3 td's or more
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or less
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or more

Let's be real, the finalists aren't the ones!

Blevins plays every position needed and is def a team guy....He has never been questioned or have I even heard he plays those finger pointing games...We do have some players however that have a EGO bigger than Whitwell...I will go to Gville IF we make it that far....This team is a perfect definition of Jekyll and Hyde...

Btw how did the transfer from Alcoa do for GB? Was he the runningback?

I don't see coalfield being better than greenback. BUT you never know. I hope the kid that was sent to hospital in ambulance is alright for coalfield.

They have played some mutual opponents, but that obviously doesn't mean anything. Here were the scores:

Greenback- 34

Oneida 31

Coalfield- 41

Oneida- 6

(Oneida is in round 3 of the 2A playoffs now at 8-4)

Greenback- 31

Oliver Springs- 10

Coalfield- 35

Oliver Springs- 28

(Oliver Springs is also 8-4 and in round 3 of the 2A playoffs)

Greenback- 28

Wartburg- 10

Coalfield- 42

Wartburg- 3

(Wartburg lost in round 1 of the 2A playoffs to Oliver Springs, 41-13)

Greenback- 14

Cloudland- 0

Coalfield- 54

Cloudland- 2

(Cloudland didn't make the playoffs and 54 points was by far the most they gave up all year.)

Blevins plays every position needed and is def a team guy....He has never been questioned or have I even heard he plays those finger pointing games...We do have some players however that have a EGO bigger than Whitwell...I will go to Gville IF we make it that far....This team is a perfect definition of Jekyll and Hyde...

Btw how did the transfer from Alcoa do for GB? Was he the runningback?

The Mr.Football has nothing to do with what is going on with our offense and both boys would give up their spot for a ring, our fans are looking for excuses and making our finalist look bad to other people with this talk in the process.Blevins plays every position Grider ask him to with out question and for the win not self.Lankford is only fired up in the back field after a run and apparntly some of you dont understand the passion he plays with.Watch the film we only have 1 spot on the O line that is getting beat consistantly.

the O line cannot be blamed for dropped passes or the holes that were not hit by the backs.this is a team sport and our spoiled fans need to blame somebody. The o line is not the only problem we have.This was a repeat of the Boyd game, why pass the ball with 2 stud running backs on the field. I know this post will make alot of you mad but just watch the film.

Just to be clear. I never said it was necessarily problems with the finalists themselves. I will give you an example. If Sisco or Lehr had been up for that award, Wyatt the full back would have blocked that much harder and so would have the line. If these things effect a team, that is the way they need to effect the team in a positive way.

Edit: Sam Brooks taught me that not only are there Leaders in life, there are mis-Leaders. What I'm getting at is those senior leaders and team captains need to get a handle on that mess.

Edited by rlh

The next tape that surfaces will show Sp winning by 10.

I live in Carthage(which is right across the river from Gville) but i am a true tiger fan. Good luck to the pirates this friday and hope to see you guys at the jungle in the semis for another classic Gville/South Pitt playoff matchup. Should be a great game and wonderful dessert on Thanksgiving weekend! lol Good luck Pirates!

How many times has Coalfield had ejections from fights? You have a hard sell to me trying to convince me that L.V. are brawlers.

This is just what I was thinking rlh. LV isn't a confrontational team. Anyway, the Pirates got out of that one last night with the win but like it keeps being said, we need better play from our O line and our recievers have got to catch the ball! Several passes that Jake threw were right in the hands, but dropped. We can't afford to make those mistakes getting this deep into the playoffs. Congrats to our Pirates on surviving the hostile crowd environment right behind them on the sidelines and staying focused enough to pull through in the second half. Sounded like LV kept it close with Coalfield until later into the second half. Time to take another long road trip and keep the air in the sails this week.

Comparing scores doesn't mean squat but looking it looks as if Coalfield has more fire power offensively...Good thing we get them without some key players! Haha :hungry:

I agree with RLH or Peg who mentioned if you played with someone that was up for a award it made u want to block that much harder for them etc..Problem is most of these kids today don't and want it all for themselves....Watch too many Ocho Cinco's and TO's....Jealousy creeps in and TEAM goes out the window....SP is becoming its own worst enemy many of these past years...Almost too much talent for their own good...This group isn't any different! They have ways won at everything so they take that for granted and lose sight of what matters most....I'm not the only one that's seen this...Sad part is that I have seen it the few games I have gotten to see so it apparently it happens on a week to week basis

Well looks like SP has become a victim of their own success.. Could not find someone to play them on their level so they manned up and took on tough opponents to make them better for the playoffs. Got rewarded by getting to travel although they won there district hands down. I am just ticked off because I am not going to get my cardiac dog, and we are not still in it. Where in the heck is coalfield anyway?

Guys be cafeful. Don't mention players by name on here. This is a team made up of great kids. Of course if you watch the sidelines too close, you will see players upset with themselves and you may take that as being upset at other players when that is not usually the case. I'm proud of all the hard work they have put in so far. Some of us are spoiled and do not like close games, but it's the playoffs, you have to expect that. Let's focus on Coalfield.