Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

I am not sure if you guys have heard but I usually listen to 104.5 to and from games b/c they have really good pre/post highschool football games coverage and Murphy Fair indicated he would like to try and make it out to this game. I plan on coming to this 1 as well; I believe you guys are a better team than RW but when you have that caliber of athletes/speed on a team it opens up possibilities and anything can happen. Having said that, I believe HC will pull out the win, but I also think the game will be interesting for awhile.....

It would be neat if "the guru" made it to this one. I also agree with your view on the game. And if you decide to come, safe travels and enjoy.

The Henry County Patriots will host the Memphis Ridgeway Roadrunners next Friday night. This will be HC's first appearance in the quarterfinals since 2008. They are coming off a penalty-plagued 30-7 victory over Clarksville Northeast. Ridgeway is coming in off a 48-13 thrashing of Dyer County. They bring with them an eight game winning streak. The last meeting between these 2 schools came in 2006, with Ridgeway winning 17-7. The all time series is tied 2-2, and this will be the first ever meeting between the two schools in the playoffs.

I know very little, if anything about Ridgeway's current team. I know they lost 3 of their first 4 games, but have been money ever since. Their 3 losses came against White Station, Skyline HS (Dallas, TX), and Whitehaven. HC needs to cut down on the mistakes, and start playing more consistent, disciplined football. The defense has continued to be outstanding...Can't say enough about those guys. I think we'll be facing the best opponent we have seen all year in this one, and I believe we'll have our hands as full as they've been. I've had to miss our 1st two playoff games, but luckily I'll be back in town on Wednesday, so I'll be seeing my first playoff game of this season. I'm hoping for a good showing. One game at a time. Focus, play hard, play smart, and we can beat anyone left standing. Lets get it done.

How does everyone see this one shaping up? Any Ridgeway fans out there feel free to chime in. I literally know next to nothing about your team.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

This will probably be the toughest test of the season so far for Henry County. I don't know much about Ridgeway other than they seem to be in the playoffs about every year! But playing at home should give Henry county enough push to move on. Good Luck Henry County!

I am not sure if you guys have heard but I usually listen to 104.5 to and from games b/c they have really good pre/post highschool football games coverage and Murphy Fair indicated he would like to try and make it out to this game. I plan on coming to this 1 as well; I believe you guys are a better team than RW but when you have that caliber of athletes/speed on a team it opens up possibilities and anything can happen. Having said that, I believe HC will pull out the win, but I also think the game will be interesting for awhile.....

Hey Kev! We would love for you to come this week, and of course you know where to come for pre-game activities. Consider this a formal invitation to tailgate with us. Just try and get there around 5:30 as we start tearing down at 6:30 so we can all get up in the stands with plenty of time. And dc80, you are invited to join us too. We enjoy having our District 10AAA brethren come visit. There will be PLENTY of good food, look for us in the corner of the endzone by the field house side. Hey Prez, make sure "The Guru" knows to come eat as well. Olddevil will enjoy some good football conversation with him.

But for now, we are getting ready for the Roadrunners to visit Patriot Stadium for the first time since 2006. This is going to be a great game and an aweSOME football atmosphere on Friday night! This is where the real fun begins, Quarterfinals baby! Come on Big RED Nation, we have to show up strong and LOUD this week!!! Lets support our Patriots in full form and pack the house!!!

Go Big RED!!!

It's gonna be like a normal Friday night at Patriot Stadium, no room to sit! It should be electric, I think everyone in the county knows this game is big and it's gonna be a crazy game. Everyone will be in to the game and that is what will drive our men to pound it to Ridgeway! The 12th man will be out Friday with the student section and all the fans, I can't wait for this game.

MEMPHIS SPEED KILLS! Ridgeway may have the Fastest team remaining in the 5A playoffs. With that being said they do give up their fair share of points. I don't think there is ANYTHING Henry Co. can do to stop #1 Dawson and #3 Walton from breaking at least 2 long runs a piece. Rigdeway leaves Paris, TN with a 1 TD win. #MEMPHISCITYSCHOOLSRHUNGRY :hungry::popcorneater:

MEMPHIS SPEED KILLS! Ridgeway may have the Fastest team remaining in the 5A playoffs. With that being said they do give up their fair share of points. I don't think there is ANYTHING Henry Co. can do to stop #1 Dawson and #3 Walton from breaking at least 2 long runs a piece. Rigdeway leaves Paris, TN with a 1 TD win. #MEMPHISCITYSCHOOLSRHUNGRY :hungry::popcorneater:

How many times have we heard this before? While most of us on here "respect DaHaven"......I can assure you Ridgeway has not seen a defense (including Da Haven) like they will see in Paris. I too am expecting a couple of big plays from the Roadrunners' "speedy players"...but their defense is obviously...less than stellar. If I were a Memphian...I wouldn't like my chances in Paris this week.

p.s. If the Roadrunners are hungry Friday...if someone will notify us from the school...we will ensure they are fed before they return to Memphis.

Edited by QBClubPrez