Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

I have been on Coach T for about 4 years now....maybe a bit longer. That memory/old age thing....

I have always admired the active following the Henry County fans have for thier program. I find myself pulling for you guys each years as you get further into the playoffs. I mean, who can't appreciate well played football?

However, other than what I read here, and see in game scores. I don't know anything about the team or players, or coaches.

Regarding Ridgeway, since I am a White Station fan, I have seen them play. Albeit usually once, maybe twice a year. They fit the pattern of many of the better local teams....meaning, usually good coaching, good to great atheletes. When they get on a roll, they are really tough to beat! Defensively, they have struggled this year due to youth. As in most games, when your defense isn't very good, your offense spends less time on the field. I think that accounts for alot of the early season woes. They have managed to adjust, gain experience, and get better as the season went on.

I don't know if they are good enough to beat HC, but I do expect they will show up and give you a good game. Some posters seem to think HC defense is soooo good, that the Ridgeway "stars" will get hit really hard, and lose their desire to play. REALLY!? I mean, do you REALLY think they don't take shots here? Look at any good football player, or good football team....every game they play, they have a target on them. So the opposing defense is going to always give it their best effort to hit the guys hard, and put some fear into 'em. I really think that over the past 2-3 years, these players have felt hard hits. Yet they continue to play hard. So please, show them some respect for being "football players", just as your HC players are. They all understand quite well this is a physical game. I would also imagine, Ridgeway players might have a hit or two in store for HC.

Whew...ok, rant over... I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out...intrigueing match up! Good luck to all...I'll be watching WS vs WH.... :thumb:

I have been on Coach T for about 4 years now....maybe a bit longer. That memory/old age thing....

I have always admired the active following the Henry County fans have for thier program. I find myself pulling for you guys each years as you get further into the playoffs. I mean, who can't appreciate well played football?

However, other than what I read here, and see in game scores. I don't know anything about the team or players, or coaches.

Regarding Ridgeway, since I am a White Station fan, I have seen them play. Albeit usually once, maybe twice a year. They fit the pattern of many of the better local teams....meaning, usually good coaching, good to great atheletes. When they get on a roll, they are really tough to beat! Defensively, they have struggled this year due to youth. As in most games, when your defense isn't very good, your offense spends less time on the field. I think that accounts for alot of the early season woes. They have managed to adjust, gain experience, and get better as the season went on.

I don't know if they are good enough to beat HC, but I do expect they will show up and give you a good game. Some posters seem to think HC defense is soooo good, that the Ridgeway "stars" will get hit really hard, and lose their desire to play. REALLY!? I mean, do you REALLY think they don't take shots here? Look at any good football player, or good football team....every game they play, they have a target on them. So the opposing defense is going to always give it their best effort to hit the guys hard, and put some fear into 'em. I really think that over the past 2-3 years, these players have felt hard hits. Yet they continue to play hard. So please, show them some respect for being "football players", just as your HC players are. They all understand quite well this is a physical game. I would also imagine, Ridgeway players might have a hit or two in store for HC.

Whew...ok, rant over... I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns

out...intrigueing match up! Good luck to all...I'll be watching WS vs WH.... :thumb:

THanks for weighing in SpartansFan...very good post! I think the majority of fans do indeed respect the Roadrunners. We've seen them before....although these two HC & Ridgeway teams haven't seen each other....yet! Liek you say...it is intriguing! Good luck to your Spartans this week against "the Senator's Team"!

Please don't start babbling and crying Prez...the fans here are spoiled and that's why the playoff crowds aren't so great. This week may be good and next week the crowd could be great, but the fans are very spoiled.

Does the fact that I agree with you when you say, "the fans are spoiled" constitute babbling? Just wondering...

This is a very disturbing post! I was wondering who the "voluntary no-shows" were...and I guess I just learned of one. Do you know by doing this..your actions have a very negative impact on HCHS and it's opponents?? If you won't even come to Patriot Stadium to watch a playoff game....my guess is that you won't spend the time, effort, or money to go watch them IF they make it to Cookeville.

So the crowd was down? Several like myself knew it would be a laugher and over quickly. Only reason it wasn't was all the penalties I guess. NO YOU ARE WRONG. I am planning on being there this Friday, the next Friday, and in Cookeville. Just NO fun watching us POUND on the Clarksville schools. Sorry Prez but sounds like there are others just like me.

And on to the Ridgeway game. I still say any team that gives up 42 points to anyone is not going to be much of a contest either. I am going because I am for the Big Red and I look forward to seeing another team.

So the crowd was down? Several like myself knew it would be a laugher and over quickly. Only reason it wasn't was all the penalties I guess. NO YOU ARE WRONG. I am planning on being there this Friday, the next Friday, and in Cookeville. Just NO fun watching us POUND on the Clarksville schools. Sorry Prez but sounds like there are others just like me.

And on to the Ridgeway game. I still say any team that gives up 42 points to anyone is not going to be much of a contest either. I am going because I am for the Big Red and I look forward to seeing another team.

Indeed "oooooooo"...there are others like you. Luckily...I hope their aren't those on the "team" with your same attitude. You see, that is a very shallow and selfish attitude that sadly too many fans share. We don't support in years where the wins are few....yet oddly enough...some don't support when the wins are plentiful. Makes absolutely zero sense!

But "oooooooo"...you are correct...you aren't the only one....just the only one foolish enough to admit it on a public forum. Hats off...I guess!

I already have over 2 inches of rain in my gauge with at least 2 more expected tonight. Although sunshine is projected for Thursday and Friday looks like a wet field friday night.The team will be indoors today;hate to lose a day on the field especially since it doesn't appear to be raining in Memphis on weather channel radar.Does anyone have thoughts on how these things will affect Friday's outcome?

GO BIG RED

I already have over 2 inches of rain in my gauge with at least 2 more expected tonight. Although sunshine is projected for Thursday and Friday looks like a wet field friday night.The team will be indoors today;hate to lose a day on the field especially since it doesn't appear to be raining in Memphis on weather channel radar.Does anyone have thoughts on how these things will affect Friday's outcome?

GO BIG RED

Its raining here in the Mecca (Memphis) as far as I can see...

GO BIG RED

Sounds like the Big Red has found a new "foul weather" home to practice in! Very good idea!

GO BIG RED

You be right devil, field won't dry much this time of year at least the other conditions look great. My thoughts are it won't effect the end results. Looking forward to Roadrunners having dirtier uniforms from being on the bottom of the tacklers.

GO PATS !!!