Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

I don't want to go on a long diatribe comparing schedules. Ridgeway's schedule is hands down harder. Basically, Ridgeway played 6A competition while Henry County played 5A. District 15 is more competative then Distrct 10. The level of competition each of these teams faced in non district play is even more compelling; it's not even in the same area code. Ridgeway has faced several teams this year with top notched defenses, so facing Henry County's defense won't be a new experience for them. Henry County has yet to face a team with Ridgeway's explosiveness on offense. There isn't a team on Henry County's 2011 resume to compare. In a nutshell, Henry County just hasn't faced the type of teams Ridgeway has faced. Henry County has a dynamic offense to go with their stellar defense. Ridgeway has faced that type of team on several occasions this year. They've won some and lost some. Henry County hasn't faced any team this year like Ridgeway.

Nada.

Zilch.

Liberty Tech? ... Not even close on Ridgeway's bad day. Beech? ... Naaaaah. Springfield? ... Not Hardly. Clarksville NE? ... I don't think so. Dickson County? ... That's a joke. (Not the same DC that had Arlington come to town and embarrass them by putting 56 on them at their place?)

Henry County owns District 10. They win most of their games before they even hit the field. That is a testament to what they have built at Henry County. Ridgeway isn't a District 10 team and they aren't fazed by Henry County's record. This game may come down to who has the ball last.

I'm rolling with Ridgeway in this one.

Alright kwc, I respect your post, but you know what? This could very well be a copy of a conversation you and I had in 2006-2007. I distinctly remember you saying that a Region 7-4A schedule is nothing like that of 8-4A, and then you were talking about Melrose. Henry County hadn't seen the speed, size or athleticism they were about to witness at Orange Mound. Some of the best talent in the state, hardest hitters, speediest runners, etc, etc. And you know what happened from that point on, the Memphis schools began to respect the Patriots no matter when or where they played. And remember, Coach Sutton came to Paris before and left empty handed - albeit with one of the best running backs in the state. So I don't buy the schedule comparison, at least not enough to make any kind of conclusion.

Ridgeway has faced only one - just one - defense that is like Henry County. And its not even Skyline. You know them well, its Whitehaven. I say this with the utmost confidence too, I am not speaking from emotions. So I will say like I did in another post, Ridgeway has an electric and fast offensive attack and a marginal defense. Henry County has a superb, hard-hitting defense and a quick and efficient offense. The Patriots will make stops against Ridgeway - without a doubt! How many stops is yet to be seen. I am looking forward to this game in a BIG way! Probably the best game in the state on Friday Night!!! Let's Get it ON!

Go Big RED!!!

[[/quoOF SCHEDULES AND VENUES

No doubt that the Ridgeway teans has played a schedule of tougher OFFENSIVE teams--and they took it in the chin from those teams. Ridgeway's defense gave up 291 points this season--24 per game and 17 was the lowest total allowed. The wide open offenses of Memphis were not challenged by Ridgeway. Now, look at the other side of the ball, the side which Memphis teams chronically ignore, which is why they do not accumulate gold balls. No teams in any level of the playoffs has faced EASIER defenses than has Ridgeway. Memphis teams are notorious for the defensive weaknesses, and the defensive efforts shown by Collierville, Southwind and the like will be nowhere around on Friday night. Not only will Henry County's defense be much better than what Ridgeway has been facing, but the whole philosophy of defense will be different. Ridgeway doesn't actually have a defense--it has some very good defensive players, but that does not constitute a defense.

No one defending Memphis ever mentions special teams. Their is no comparison here. Memphis teams practice special teams on days when the wind blows straight down--and it shows.

Ridgeway has not been to Paris to play. In fact, Ridgeway has not been much of anyplace to play except at their comfy Halle Stadium down the road. 7 games at Halle, 1 at Melrose, 1 at Kirby, 1 at Whitehaven and a long road trip out to Collierville.

This will be a game outside Shelby County, a rarity, Oh, there was that venture down to Skyline in Dallas. It was a disaster but then Skyline would have trampled any team in this state. I think Ridgeway will be affected by the large crowds of white people looming up across the field.

Will it be a good game? Possibly. It will certainly be a game of contrasts and I look forward to it.

te]

Edited by Augielio

I believe the player from Munford suffered a broken C5 (5th vertabrae in the neck) but has no nerve damage and will take time to heal. Should be fine.

On another note, in the 1st round of the playoffs NE had (I believe) 400+ yards against Memphis East. The Patriots held them to a mere 76 (fact). In the past two games the Patriots have had 6 interceptions by four different players.

I don't believe Ridgeway is NEARLY as disciplined as HC. After Friday nights in Ridgeway, the coach doesn't see the team again until Monday after school. On the other hand, HC is to be at the field at 8 in the morning for film and stretching. The Patriots also lift weights 2-3 times a week to maintain strength and stamina usually staying until 4:30-6 everyday.

Tough and interesting game, but Pats get the win. 35-21

No doubt that the Ridgeway teans has played a schedule of tougher OFFENSIVE teams--and they took it in the chin from those teams. Ridgeway's defense gave up 291 points this season--24 per game and 17 was the lowest total allowed. The wide open offenses of Memphis were not challenged by Ridgeway. Now, look at the other side of the ball, the side which Memphis teams chronically ignore, which is why they do not accumulate gold balls. No teams in any level of the playoffs has faced EASIER defenses than has Ridgeway. Memphis teams are notorious for the defensive weaknesses, and the defensive efforts shown by Collierville, Southwind and the like will be nowhere around on Friday night. Not only will Henry County's defense be much better than what Ridgeway has been facing, but the whole philosophy of defense will be different. Ridgeway doesn't actually have a defense--it has some very good defensive players, but that does not constitute a defense.

No one defending Memphis ever mentions special teams. Their is no comparison here. Memphis teams practice special teams on days when the wind blows straight down--and it shows.

Ridgeway has not been to Paris to play. In fact, Ridgeway has not been much of anyplace to play except at their comfy Halle Stadium down the road. 7 games at Halle, 1 at Melrose, 1 at Kirby, 1 at Whitehaven and a long road trip out to Collierville.

This will be a game outside Shelby County, a rarity, Oh, there was that venture down to Skyline in Dallas. It was a disaster but then Skyline would have trampled any team in this state. I think Ridgeway will be affected by the large crowds of white people looming up across the field.

Will it be a good game? Possibly. It will certainly be a game of contrasts and I look forward to it.

te]

So...what's your (SCORE) prediction, for this game? :popcorneater:

So...what's your (SCORE) prediction, for this game? :popcorneater:

Henry County will try to get the ball and keep it. Since Ridgeway hasn't stopped running attacks all year, I think HC can do that--8 o 12 play drives. FB on quick opening plays.

HC will concentrate on stopping the two TB types--off tackle and counter trey. Golden is a good rollout QB and he is difficult to get down, but the HC secondary is far better than anything else he has seen.

It's always a bit of a worry when you pick against speed, but, if you demanded numbers, I would have to say

HC-47; Ridgeway 20.

te]

All Henry County fans are not white....we have black supporters as well!

te]

WHITE PEOPLE !!!! I resemble that remark! Actually I believe that I am still tan from the Summer and Fall.

GO PATS !!!

You are aware that the winner of this game hosts next week's semi-final game don't you? Hit the link below to if you don't believe me.

http://www.tssaa.org/2011Champions/StateFootball/homefield.htm

YES we are and that game will be held in Paris Thanksgiving Weekend!

kwc how can you defend any team or defense that gave up 42 in a game? I still say HC 42 RHS 14