Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

I think you mean well Prez, but your post is a babbling mess! I have been confused, and reconfused...and then scattered ever since I attempted to read it. Let me say what I have ALWAYS said...toughness of schedule is OVERRATED!!! We chose to play Beech rather than Humboldt to toughen our schedule and stop losing to teams from Middle Tennessee supposedly. If that was our rationale, then we are foolish. The fact is...Humboldt is likely better than Beech...BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! The better team will win nine times out of ten, and you can't do anything about the tenth time. If Ridgeway wins...two things will be true...ONE...they are better than HC...TWO...I will be SHOCKED!!! If HC wins ONE thing will be true...HC is better than Ridgeway. It will have NOTHING to do with strength of schedule...PERIOD...END OF STORY!!! Ridgeway is good...but not in our league.

I liked your post, Prez. Failed to understand RW's beef.

GO BIG RED

I think you mean well Prez, but your post is a babbling mess! I have been confused, and reconfused...and then scattered ever since I attempted to read it. Let me say what I have ALWAYS said...toughness of schedule is OVERRATED!!! We chose to play Beech rather than Humboldt to toughen our schedule and stop losing to teams from Middle Tennessee supposedly. If that was our rationale, then we are foolish. The fact is...Humboldt is likely better than Beech...BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! The better team will win nine times out of ten, and you can't do anything about the tenth time. If Ridgeway wins...two things will be true...ONE...they are better than HC...TWO...I will be SHOCKED!!! If HC wins ONE thing will be true...HC is better than Ridgeway. It will have NOTHING to do with strength of schedule...PERIOD...END OF STORY!!! Ridgeway is good...but not in our league.

Sorry to "confuse you" and "reconfuse you" Ol' Coach....therefore...I'll just go with what you said...(even tho I think I "babbled" much the same thing)!

I liked your post, Prez. Failed to understand RW's beef.

GO BIG RED

I didn't like the post at all...too painful to read...too difficult to make any sense of it. Plus...NONE OF IT MATTERS!! Ridgeway has played a MUCH TOUGHER schedule than we have...PERIOD...but IT WON'T MATTER...NEVER DOES!!! The teams we beat with winning records DON'T MATTER either...and by the way...they were all TERRIBLE...and that DOESN'T MATTER either!!! We are better than Ridgeway...by a whole lot...and guess what...THAT DOES MATTER!!!!!

*Clears Throat*

After reviewing those Highlights of Henry Co. (Namely #7 Ray and #50 Jelks) I may seriously reconsider my Stance on my pick for Ridgeway... #7 Ray is Fast as a mug :motorbike: . Jelks, I don't know if the folks he was blocking were that bad/weak or if he's that good but he looks GOOD on Film! Shaq Allen could break Ridgeway's spirit in the Second half if Henry Co. could get up 2 or 3 Scores. I understand yall's confidence now. That Safety #11 looks good as well. I'll sleep on it and make my pick in this thread as well as Big Games in Memphis thread tomorrow.

#50 is SCARY LOOKING GEEZ! :twisted:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

*Clears Throat*

After reviewing those Highlights of Henry Co. (Namely #7 and #50 Jelks) I may seriously reconsider my Stance on my pick for Ridgeway... #7 Ray is Fast as a mug :motorbike: . Jelks, I don't know if the folks he was blocking were that bad/weak or if he's that good but he looks GOOD on Film! Shaq Allen could break Ridgeway's spirit in the Second half if Henry Co. could get up 2 or 3 Scores. I understand yall's confidence now. That Safety #11 looks good as well. I'll sleep on it and make my pick in this thread as well as Big Games in Memphis thread tomorrow.

BHS:

Henry County had a QB/RB duo a few years ago that resemble Najee and Shaq. Those guys names are Marsalis Teague and Dominique Allen. Dominique is the big brother to Shaquille Allen. Check out the vids below:

Marsalis Teague

Dominique Allen

Both went on to SEC schools. Teague is now a starting CB for UT. Dominique went to LSU as a FB, but I don't think he's there anymore.

Anyway ... I showed those to you because I stated earlier in this thread that Walton and Dawson have 'Teague like' speed. That was done for HC fans who were unfamiliar with Ridgeway to get an idea of how fast those two are.

That was just FYI.

*Clears Throat*

After reviewing those Highlights of Henry Co. (Namely #7 and #50 Jelks) I may seriously reconsider my Stance on my pick for Ridgeway... #7 Ray is Fast as a mug :motorbike: . Jelks, I don't know if the folks he was blocking were that bad/weak or if he's that good but he looks GOOD on Film! Shaq Allen could break Ridgeway's spirit in the Second half if Henry Co. could get up 2 or 3 Scores. I understand yall's confidence now. That Safety #11 looks good as well. I'll sleep on it and make my pick in this thread as well as Big Games in Memphis thread tomorrow.

Jelks is that good. That's why all the SEC schools wanted him. And the thing we didn't show you is our hard hitting linebacker who is only a sophomore. Our huge d line that has as many tackles as anyone on the team. And last but not least our other safety who is a ballhawk. He had like 6 or 7 int's last year missing 2 games and was only a sophomore. And this year he has 7 or 8 picks and is our best kick/punt returner.

Prez I have a question for you. I've been living in L.A. for 2 months. I have no internet access except on my phone. I got to see our first 4 games. I really don't wanna miss listening to this game. I downloaded the tunein app on my phone but 94.1 does not allow them to stream their station. Do you know of a way I can listen on my phone?

Prez I have a question for you. I've been living in L.A. for 2 months. I have no internet access except on my phone. I got to see our first 4 games. I really don't wanna miss listening to this game. I downloaded the tunein app on my phone but 94.1 does not allow them to stream their station. Do you know of a way I can listen on my phone?

I do not know but I will visit with the radion guys and check. I do know they update after every score on twitter...I will get you that twitter address as well. I assume that the periods indicate you are living in "Lower Alabama"??

I do not know but I will visit with the radion guys and check. I do know they update after every score on twitter...I will get you that twitter address as well. I assume that the periods indicate you are living in "Lower Alabama"??

I have their twitter but its not the same just seeing the scores. And thank you I would be so thankful if they streamed it on that app. And I wish I was that close to home but I'm in los angeles.

*Clears Throat*

After reviewing those Highlights of Henry Co. (Namely #7 Ray and #50 Jelks) I may seriously reconsider my Stance on my pick for Ridgeway... #7 Ray is Fast as a mug :motorbike: . Jelks, I don't know if the folks he was blocking were that bad/weak or if he's that good but he looks GOOD on Film! Shaq Allen could break Ridgeway's spirit in the Second half if Henry Co. could get up 2 or 3 Scores. I understand yall's confidence now. That Safety #11 looks good as well. I'll sleep on it and make my pick in this thread as well as Big Games in Memphis thread tomorrow.

Also, in Andrew's highlights video it lists his weight and height. But, right now he is 6'7 280.