CAK & Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

Do Alcoa fans really believe that theyre the best team in the state every year? Do you understand what "strength of schedule" is? I'm sure anyone could win 7 titles in a row when they play schools like TN School of the Deaf or TN School of the Blind. Alcoa is the Boise St. of TN HS football, they win a lot but their lack of competition nullifies their cries for being called the best team in the entire state, let alone better than Maryville. You have no legitimate argument to say that Alcoa is better than Maryville.

By the way, Alcoa is 3-15 against Maryville since 1994.

So you definitely aren't the best program in the last 20 years.

Hey alcoanation ... you have a problem with me , but not this guy ? Check out his post about all the Alcoa kids in jail ... amazing that you would attack me , but ignore this clown ,I really wonder about your reading comprehension . If you had actually read what was going on you would see I was defending Alcoa .

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey alcoanation ... you have a problem with me , but not this guy ? Check out his post about all the Alcoa kids in jail ... amazing that you would attack me , but ignore this clown ,I really wonder about your reading comprehension . If you had actually read what was going on you would see I was defending Alcoa .

On this we can agree, kenny has problems. No need for his attacks.

The rumblings I hear is Catholic or CAK. Ive not heard DB. I figured the private schools would grab him, that is even if he does go anywhere.

Catholic maybe. Why would CAK want him? They have a great coach and a great staff. I think this rumor has started because his daughter now attends CAK. Someone asked the question earlier as to why his daughter attended CAK and not Alcoa, I think that is a question that a lot of people have had.

Also, why does Rankin's daughter go to CAK while her family goes to Alcoa?

We football fans tend to assume that everything has something to do with football. It could very well be that this situation is a private family matter that has absolutely nothing to do with football and us football fans should leave it alone and not speculate that it might have something to do with football. There's no reason to think that CAK is looking for a new coach, even someone with Coach Rankin's highly successful track record.

Pepvol, I am a Maryville fan. A proud graduate in fact. I just can't see how Alcoa fans think they are the best because you play teams with far fewer athletes than them. This is a board to talk about CAK and Alcoa. If you want to discuss the better program between Alcoa and Maryville, we can do so in the proper board. Also, don't try to place blame on me for people ganging up on you for acting like a snob Maryville fan. Don't look down on other teams like Heritage, appreciate your own.

Lol , the more you talk the more you give yourself away .

I understand the privacy issue, but it does make you wonder if he is trying to make his way out? What else can he accomplish at Alcoa? He had an incredible run but there is not much left he can do. He has more successful seasons ahead, no doubt, but why just sit back and win title after title against teams with a quarter of the talent you have (im not ripping Alcoa, just their opponents)? I know a lot of people that go to church with Rankin and the general consensus is that she moved because of.behavior. may not be true though.

With all due respect, I think any speculation as to the specifics of why the coaches CHILD is now at CAK is inappropriate. As one other poster pointed out, it may have nothing to do with football and if that is the case, it has no place on CoachT.

Can't take for granted outstanding play by the CAK kickers / punter. Duncan nailed every extra point in a game where every extra point counted. And Ragland nailed a field goal and was perfect with his rugby style punts. The CAK punter was able to give the Alcoa offense a long field on several occasions and made a huge contribution.

Edited by Govolsknox

Can't take for granted outstanding play by the CAK kickers / punter. Duncan nailed every extra point in a game where every extra point counted. And Ragland nailed a field goal and was perfect with his rugby style punts. The CAK punter was able to give the Alcoa offense a long field on several occasions and made a huge contribution.

Very good points. We're quick to point out how missed PAT's and muffed kicks contributed to a loss, so its only right that when those guys do a good job we recognize it. In addition to the kicker, the snapper & holders should be recognized as well. Kudos to #22 for his great effort in blocking the PAT in OT.

I'm glad that Alcoa lost. They don't deserve any recognition for their wins. They play 1 hard team a year and that's it. Everyone knows it too. Im glad they sucked this year. 5 losses? I don't hear you guys bragging about your title streak now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow! sucked huh I know a whole bunch of teams that would have traded records and been really happy with it! Yes we did lose 5 games 2 to the eventual 3a state champ 1 to the eventual 6a state champ 1 to the eventual 4a state champ and too another 3a state semi-finalist yep we sucked and didnt play anybody! You are laughable my friend :roflol: