CAK & Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud to be from Alcoa, we lost by 1 point in overtime to a team that has improved to the place where they wanted to be competitive with the best. If KennyPowers14 wants to meet and discuss Alcoa Football, just name the time and place and I will be there. I'm an old man, but I still have some fire. Clint Abbott-AHS principal from November of 1973 until June 30, 1995-. Please give me a call!

Edited by clintabbott

Can't take for granted outstanding play by the CAK kickers / punter. Duncan nailed every extra point in a game where every extra point counted. And Ragland nailed a field goal and was perfect with his rugby style punts. The CAK punter was able to give the Alcoa offense a long field on several occasions and made a huge contribution.

PATs and FGs have/had been killing us all year long. Honestly, its hard but its no surprise that a kick is what did us in. Also, Am I the only person (along with the people standing around me) that were positive that the kick to send it into OT wasnt good? I was standing at about the 20 at that end and I swear it fell short.

You have had 1 tough year of scheduling. Do that year in and year out and there will NEVER be another Alcoa "dynasty". And you can take that to the bank. You all know that before this year it was "beat Maryville and we are undefeated". Even with that mentality you went 3-15 against Maryville since 1994 and are roughly 30 games behind Maryville in the all-time series. Alcoa sucks, there's no proof that can contradict that; save your typing.

Troll-Spray-10-25-2010.jpg

Ok, dad....

Are you serious? Does KennyPowers14 mean you're 14 years old? That's about the age you're acting. Rankin's family is none of your business and slander walks a very thin line. If you have children, which I hope you don't as your level of stupidity should not be passed down, I'm sure you would appreciate privacy into your family's business.

I don't think you would have this negativity towards a school's success if there wasn't some bit of jealousy involved.

:roflol:

PATs and FGs have/had been killing us all year long. Honestly, its hard but its no surprise that a kick is what did us in. Also, Am I the only person (along with the people standing around me) that were positive that the kick to send it into OT wasnt good? I was standing at about the 20 at that end and I swear it fell short.

Video footage by one of the news channels (WBIR I think but it might have been one of the others) showed the kick was good but just barely. But the 3 points count just as much as if it had cleared by a mile.

Are you serious? Does KennyPowers14 mean you're 14 years old? That's about the age you're acting. Rankin's family is none of your business and slander walks a very thin line. If you have children, which I hope you don't as your level of stupidity should not be passed down, I'm sure you would appreciate privacy into your family's business.

I don't think you would have this negativity towards a school's success if there wasn't some bit of jealousy involved.

:roflol:

I'll have to disagree with your age estimate. He said he graduated in 08. Judging by his posts, I would say at best he was 22 when graduating which would make him or her around 25 now.

Video footage by one of the news channels (WBIR I think but it might have been one of the others) showed the kick was good but just barely. But the 3 points count just as much as if it had cleared by a mile.

Wow...Im surprised...Even with my glasses on it didnt seem like it went through. Just looked to float and then fall LOL. Glad it did though.

I was hoping the field goal was short or wide right but unfortunately it did clear the bar right at the corner of the upright. Maybe by 6 inches. That just added to the suspense of the game. After many hours of reviewing our homemade game film here are three instances involving the game that were missed by the officials. 1) blatant pass interference against Alcoa in the corner of the south end zone that was not flagged for some unbelievably unknown reason, resulting in CAK having to kick a field goal rather than having the opportunity for a touchdown. The officials were heard telling the coach that the ball wasn't in the air when the contact occurred, wrong. 2) CAK receiver takes a big hit around mid-field on out pattern and fumbles the ball, officials called it an incomplete pass. It was a bang bang play but it certainly appeared to me to be a catch and fumble. And 3) #15 for Alcoa gets hit and fumbles, its scooped up by CAK and headed to the end zone but the play is whistled dead due to the ball carrier being ruled down before the fumble, which was clearly not the case when you watch the film. But he was being driven down to the ground by a couple defenders which made it harder for the officials to see I'm sure.

Just my interpretations as an unofficial instant replay official, ha. :D No matter, it all worked its way out in the end. This game could have been won by either team. I have lots of admiration for all the players in both jerseys. They truly left it all on the field that night. Some extra shoving here and there by both teams but lots of instances of each team helping their opponents up off the ground after a hit. Actions speak louder than words and there appeared to be a lot of mutual respect on display. :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad