Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Got one question and one comment.

1. Has your HC EVER won a Gold Ball anywhere? I ask as I honestly do not know.

2. Got to give y'all credit this year as this is the fastest y'all have gotten to page 20 of your ANNUAL well we choked in the first or second game in the playoffs, but we WILL win it all NEXT year thread. <_<:roflol:

I'll have to say,your a funny guy.

Got one question and one comment.

1. Has your HC EVER won a Gold Ball anywhere? I ask as I honestly do not know.

2. Got to give y'all credit this year as this is the fastest y'all have gotten to page 20 of your ANNUAL well we choked in the first or second game in the playoffs, but we WILL win it all NEXT year thread. <_<:roflol:

That is funny Old Dad. Answer: No - in his first 11 Seasons at DB - 3 State Semi's and 4 Quarter Finals. Not past 2nd Round since '04, only past 1st Round in 3 of those years.

It's frustrating, to be 10-0 almost every year and then have nothing but heartaches in the Playoffs. I will put it in terms that we are used to hearing...

"It's like the time that Oppy was going to win all of those medals at the City Field Events, first event the 40 yard dash...ole Ope had visions of smoking the field and taking the medal in front of his addoring cheering crowd, but when the gun sounded, Oppy was left in the blocks and got smoked himself by everybody in the race." Oppy didn't have a good day, that day.

DB will have a great number of super Football Players back for next year.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

You have put in the time helping the kids since your playing days at DB.Any help you or anyone gives to the program is appreciated.You don't owe some clown running his pie hole a thing.

Dang Greenville Boy, your trying just a little to hard to get into the Good ole Boy club. But your right, he doesn't owe you anything.

That is funny Old Dad. Answer: No - in his first 11 Seasons at DB - 3 State Semi's and 4 Quarter Finals. Not past 2nd Round since '04, only past 1st Round in 3 of those years.

It's frustrating, to be 10-0 almost every year and then have nothing but heartaches in the Playoffs. I will put it in terms that we are used to hearing...

"It's like the time that Oppy was going to win all of those medals at the City Field Events, first event the 40 yard dash...ole Ope had visions of smoking the field and taking the medal in front of his addoring cheering crowd, but when the gun sounded, Oppy was left in the blocks and got smoked himself by everybody in the race." Oppy didn't have a good day, that day.

DB will have a great number of super Football Players back for next year.

Roll Tribe Roll

DB had a great number of super Football Players last year.....and the year before, both 2nd. round exits.

If you are going to get on the right track then you need to take desperate measures. I see that some are in place and others are being talked about. 1st of all you must convert all of Sullivan County into one Super High School. That seems to be in motion with annexation. Then you will have all the talent that city and county have to offer. Next you will need a staff worthy enough to train and teach these fine athletes. Someone posted earlier that money is not an issue with Eastman and others from the Kingsport community. Also I agree with WaCo. You don't have to stay in state. Throw some money down and you can grab maybe Bill Belichick as HC, Sean Payton as OC, and Dom Capers as DC. Then you will have to refresh the fan base. Seems many of you can't make up your mind wheter to boycott the program or support it. Look there can only be one state champ and Maryville has that locked up right now even if you got passed SC. Wait, instead of taking students what you need to do is eliminate all students from DB except football players and the band and you could drop to 4A. If you eliminate the band students you could drop to 1A maybe and compete for a goldball. Course it wouldn't be worth losing the band accolades. Keep the band and football players and drop to 4A. Sorry Batman I know that would tear(sp) the universe in two for you cuz you wouldn't know for sure who to pull for. It's the only option I see though. :bored:

I have not read everyone's post but just a few. This thread would have been started tonight instead of last Friday either way. We(DB) do not have the personal to beat the Maryville's and Riverdale's. I'm curious of how many of you so called DB fans have played or coached competitive football past the Boys Club or PlayStation. You get behind a keyboard and a computer screen and bash away at Coaches. I know many of the parents that have children that play on this team and sure they were blaming the coaches, and YES they were also blaming the kids as well. I did not see coach Clark out there almost snapping the ball over the punters head. I did not see Coach Clark out there missing a block to get that punt blocked. I did not see Coach Clark out there fumble that football late in the game inside the 20 yard line when DB had a chance to put that game away. I did not see any coaches out there take bad angles and let that kid return a punt all the way back down to the 10 yard line. Sure the coaches should take accountability, but the players should take some accountability as well. The coaches put these kids in the best possible position to be successful. That is all they can do, the players have to execute. Yes, Coach Clark should have been a little more aggressive but he didn't. But the players should have executed better in the second half. You have to give some credit to the Sevier Co players and coaches. Just because we smoke everybody throughout the season doesn't mean were just going to cruise to the State championship. Again We don't have the personal to beat the Maryville's, yes we could compete and yeah in a one game scenario anything can happen. Tell me who is going to do a better job than what this coaching staff has done. Coaches can only do so much, some of the responsiblity has to fall on the players. It is what it is people. Graham Clark is not leaving until he is ready to go.

';

Edited by the real deal

I have not read everyone's post but just a few. This thread would have been started tonight instead of last Friday either way. We(DB) do not have the personal to beat the Maryville's and Riverdale's. I'm curious of how many of you so called DB fans have played or coached competitive football past the Boys Club or PlayStation. You get behind a keyboard and a computer screen and bash away at Coaches. I know many of the parents that have children that play on this team and sure they were blaming the coaches, and YES they were also blaming the kids as well. I did not see coach Clark out there almost snapping the ball over the punters head. I did not see Coach Clark out there missing a block to get that punt blocked. I did not see Coach Clark out there fumble that football late in the game inside the 20 yard line when DB had a chance to put that game away. I did not see any coaches out there take bad angles and let that kid return a punt all the way back down to the 10 yard line. Sure the coaches should take accountability, but the players should take some accountability as well. The coaches put these kids in the best possible position to be successful. That is all they can do, the players have to execute. Yes, Coach Clark should have been a little more aggressive but he didn't. But the players should have executed better in the second half. You have to give some credit to the Sevier Co players and coaches. Just because we smoke everybody throughout the season doesn't mean were just going to cruise to the State championship. Again We don't have the personal to beat the Maryville's, yes we could compete and yeah in a one game scenario anything can happen. Tell me who is going to do a better job than what this coaching staff has done. Coaches can only do so much, some of the responsiblity has to fall on the players. It is what it is people. Graham Clark is not leaving until he is ready to go.

;

Thanks Coach. I was wondering when we were going to hear from you. Good to know how you really feel. So IT IS the kids fault. You forgot refs.

By the way they were executing until someone gave the order to hit the brakes. :rolleyes:

Edited by RebelConvert