Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I think its just honorary. They get to wear the shirts and stuff but don't actually get to carry the water. They got a couple of 1st. graders that do that.

They would probably spill it all anyway, especially if the Tribe was nursing a big lead in a playoff game in the 2nd half. I hear coaches get nervous down there under those circumstances....that's what I hear.

Anyone heard an update on Nick Sensabaugh? Will he be back for us this year or is he going to have to transfer to another school to get to play? Nick had great potential to play at the next level. I hope wherever he winds up, that he has success. Good luck Nick. Roll Tribe!!!!!!

They would probably spill it all anyway, especially if the Tribe was nursing a big lead in a playoff game in the 2nd half. I hear coaches get nervous down there under those circumstances....that's what I hear.

Well that happens sometimes when your watching reruns of Mayberry at halftime.

Anyone heard an update on Nick Sensabaugh? Will he be back for us this year or is he going to have to transfer to another school to get to play? Nick had great potential to play at the next level. I hope wherever he winds up, that he has success. Good luck Nick. Roll Tribe!!!!!!

Have heard this .The team has been working real hard this summer.They have had some fine workouts and a lot of team spirit in the weight room,that's including the young man you ask about.I think there are many players that can play at the next level on this team,but all of them will have to keep working.Before that happens, I want to see them play several playoff games and get something started that hasn't happened in a while for the Tribe.

Edited by BatmanDB

Will this season be another Mayberry re-run at DB? I heard Whitten and Sensabaugh are going to resurect ETSU gridiron...guns and all.

Not sure what you meant by the "guns and all" statement, but knowing you it was probably derogatory. Anyway, it's about time we had some local celebrities to stand behind for this area of the State. If they do get ETSU started again, then maybe that will ensure a few kids will get a college education who elsewise would not have. So, that's a good thing. As far as another Mayberry season, yeah it sure will be. And you guys will make another cameo appearance as the Darlins. "The boys don't talk much or play much football".ROFLMAO. Sorry, just could'nt resist. It's getting close to the start and i can feel the intensity starting to build. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever it takes is what I meant. It's pretty sad when the school has had a state calibre' team 10 out of the last 12 years with nothing to show for it but 1st round bailouts with 1 or 2 exceptions. But no cigar. Pitiful! And this thread is 70+ posts and climbing. How long will you suffer? You have the athletes...so what is missing? You run an offense that does not showcase your talents potential. Incredible. And you keep hoping...this is the year! Every year should be the year with the talent you consistantly field. How long before you get tired of your status quo. It's time and everyone on this board knows it. Good fortune with your season.

Whatever it takes is what I meant. It's pretty sad when the school has had a state calibre' team 10 out of the last 12 years with nothing to show for it but 1st round bailouts with 1 or 2 exceptions. But no cigar. Pitiful! And this thread is 70+ posts and climbing. How long will you suffer? You have the athletes...so what is missing? You run an offense that does not showcase your talents potential. Incredible. And you keep hoping...this is the year! Every year should be the year with the talent you consistantly field. How long before you get tired of your status quo. It's time and everyone on this board knows it. Good fortune with your season.

All of us real DB Football fans are tired of it. That's for sure. You've read all the nasty posts on here over the last few years. We're dang tired of it. But what can we do? Get together and get a coaching change? After thinking about it, who are we going to get. Another never was coach like the rest of the area teams have. What will that do except make us an even bigger choke team. Fact is, all the other schools can't wait until our coach retires because they are sick of losing to him. That's the fact. Now, if we could get a Quarels or Rankin or even Greenvilles coach then that would be a different story. But, we all know that aint happening. The school board is all about academics and not athletics so they won't do what's needed to get that level of coaching. Let's just hope the athletes this year will be so explosive that they can't be screwed up bad enough to have a repeat season. Lookout, because we got some athletes this year. The scoreboards are going to be blown up. Also heard that Nick Sensabaugh will be back this year so look for a great DB defense to go along with an unbelievable offense. What will we do? Almost time to find out. We are DB!!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dbFAN91

Well, I admire you for one thing. You refuse to throw him under the bus...even though everyone knows that is the common consersus. And yes, it shoud be another banner year...not a first round bail. However, I disagree about the Quarles thing. Quarles, Rankin, etc...these guys differ in one aspect from say...a Stacy Carter. Stacy Carter, as evidenced by his playoff decisions historically compiled at Sullivan South and to be seen at Science Hill, does not play to win. But instead, plays to teach the principle, "Death Before Dishonor". Scoff if you will but it is the gospel. On the other hand, the Quarles' of the world play no holds barred with a single-minded purpose...win at all costs. So as parents, fans, supporters...must understand this and decide if the lesson being taught is the point and support it as the ultimate goal. In my opinion, this is, as I have come to understand from experience, that ruthlessness prevails until perseverence is tested to the point of devastation and then when the power of perseverence is proven...victory is achieved. This is why Southers believed in Stacy Carter. Its called principle. Can the Indians call their strife perseverence? ...A question not for discussion from a Souther on a Tribal board. I can merely say one thing...your troops have never given up the fight. A reflection on the elders. I admire you people for this much. But I feel the common consensus is that it has come to the edge of the cliff. Victory or.... I wish you the best. From one who learved this mentality the hard way. The best to the Tribe from the Rebel faithful. REBEL NATION.

All of us real DB Football fans are tired of it. That's for sure. You've read all the nasty posts on here over the last few years. We're dang tired of it. But what can we do? Get together and get a coaching change? After thinking about it, who are we going to get. Another never was coach like the rest of the area teams have. What will that do except make us an even bigger choke team. Fact is, all the other schools can't wait until our coach retires because they are sick of losing to him. That's the fact. Now, if we could get a Quarels or Rankin or even Greenvilles coach then that would be a different story. But, we all know that aint happening. The school board is all about academics and not athletics so they won't do what's needed to get that level of coaching. Let's just hope the athletes this year will be so explosive that they can't be screwed up bad enough to have a repeat season. Lookout, because we got some athletes this year. The scoreboards are going to be blown up. Also heard that Nick Sensabaugh will be back this year so look for a great DB defense to go along with an unbelievable offense. What will we do? Almost time to find out. We are DB!!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Those wanting a new coach should be very careful what they wish for. You are a good fan. Go Tribe!

Edited by wingman10

Well, I admire you for one thing. You refuse to throw him under the bus...even though everyone knows that is the common consersus. And yes, it shoud be another banner year...not a first round bail. However, I disagree about the Quarles thing. Quarles, Rankin, etc...these guys differ in one aspect from say...a Stacy Carter. Stacy Carter, as evidenced by his playoff decisions historically compiled at Sullivan South and to be seen at Science Hill, does not play to win. But instead, plays to teach the principle, "Death Before Dishonor". Scoff if you will but it is the gospel. On the other hand, the Quarles' of the world play no holds barred with a single-minded purpose...win at all costs. So as parents, fans, supporters...must understand this and decide if the lesson being taught is the point and support it as the ultimate goal. In my opinion, this is, as I have come to understand from experience, that ruthlessness prevails until perseverence is tested to the point of devastation and then when the power of perseverence is proven...victory is achieved. This is why Southers believed in Stacy Carter. Its called principle. Can the Indians call their strife perseverence? ...A question not for discussion from a Souther on a Tribal board. I can merely say one thing...your troops have never given up the fight. A reflection on the elders. I admire you people for this much. But I feel the common consensus is that it has come to the edge of the cliff. Victory or.... I wish you the best. From one who learved this mentality the hard way. The best to the Tribe from the Rebel faithful. REBEL NATION.

Thats about as goofy as it gets right there.