Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I hope someone with the QB club or from the administration who controls our website for info reads this. Let's get with the program. No info on upcoming events. When are scrimmages and who do we play. We have the worst website for our sports programs than anybody around. I thought we were the winninest team in the state? Dang. Let's get on board and keep our fans informed ahead of time. I know not everybody will come to scrimmages but we've got a lot of people who do and i hate to be informed at the last minute about these things. Let's be more informative and get the news out to the fans and help build some more support for our programs. Create a weekly email list to keep us up to date. That shouldnt be that hard. Anyway, Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

If I remember,I'll try to post some things on scrimmages as I know them, if it's not updated on the website. I enjoy watching the practices when I get a chance.That's more fun then the scrimmages most of the time.However,the DB and Greeneville scrimmage at Greeneville a couple of years ago was an all out war.I got my step dad {another former Devil} to set with me on the DB side.He had a great time kidding with my DB buddies when the refs gave the Devils a couple of {generous calls}.

One thing for sure...it won't be long now. DB Football camp is week after next, right? Weight room trianing has been going on and I heard we have had HUGE success with that. Nick Sensabaugh is in weight training and in Spring Scrimmages, the Defense was impressive without him so scoring on the Indians in 2012 will be a challage to say the least. Offensively, the Tribe has so many weapons, we may just blow up that scoreboard in its last year of service at J Fred Johnson Stadium.

44 Days till Week 0 Kickoff against Farragut....home game for the Indians. I am wishing Graham Clark great success in his 20th Season as Head Coach of the Indians and that has been an increadible winning ride.

Taking a quick look at the schedule, which is the exact same for the 4th year in a row....The Indians have 3 of their 4 toughest Regular Season Games at Home (Farragut, Daniel Boone and Science Hill) with a payback game on the road at Sevier County. I can't wait to see a new schedule and Conference for 2013.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

One thing for sure...it won't be long now. DB Football camp is week after next, right? Weight room trianing has been going on and I heard we have had HUGE success with that. Nick Sensabaugh is in weight training and in Spring Scrimmages, the Defense was impressive without him so scoring on the Indians in 2012 will be a challage to say the least. Offensively, the Tribe has so many weapons, we may just blow up that scoreboard in its last year of service at J Fred Johnson Stadium.

44 Days till Week 0 Kickoff against Farragut....home game for the Indians. I am wishing Graham Clark great success in his 20th Season as Head Coach of the Indians and that has been an increadible winning ride.

Taking a quick look at the schedule, which is the exact same for the 4th year in a row....The Indians have 3 of their 4 toughest Regular Season Games at Home (Farragut, Daniel Boone and Science Hill) with a payback game on the road at Sevier County. I can't wait to see a new schedule and Conference for 2013.

Roll Tribe Roll

Great post Art.I've got day to day on the weight training and really like what the guys have done this summer.That's where it has to start and from what I've heard,they are really working hard as a team.I'd just like to see more DB dads get their sons started before the 9th grade.Pushups,situps,running the hill and at least some light weight training before high school would give the kids and the team a great jump....I too look forward to the new schedule and who DB will be playing next year.I liked the Big East conference and hope the schedule is something like that

Edited by BatmanDB

Deja Vu ....All we need now to make this complete is for the South fans to start boasting about how their going to take it to DB this year, and oh! don't forget Stacy Carter. Its his third year in "Johnson" City. He has everything in place with his system and all. Its the year he finally beats DB with all that talent they have over there. So come on people, lets make this complete.

Best of luck to my friends at DB this year. I hope we (Oak Ridge)can get you back on the schedule when the next schedules are decided....I will be there for your week zero game with Farragut, since we get them the next week. By the way, fill us in on how the addition of an upper deck to J. Fred is coming along. We hope to get the Oak Ridge School Board interested in some upgrades at Blankenship like you are doing at J. Fred.

Best of luck to my friends at DB this year. I hope we (Oak Ridge)can get you back on the schedule when the next schedules are decided....I will be there for your week zero game with Farragut, since we get them the next week. By the way, fill us in on how the addition of an upper deck to J. Fred is coming along. We hope to get the Oak Ridge School Board interested in some upgrades at Blankenship like you are doing at J. Fred.

Renovations are on hold. The board thinks that the group is trying to hurry into something instead of planning for the long haul and keep them from leaving anything out. We have lights that need replacing at a cost of about 500,000 and all the plumbing and bathrooms need remodeled. Also, we have no handicap accessibility. I'm glad that they told them to go back to the drawing board because i did'nt want something thrown together like they did at Science Hill. They took some nice material and turned that place into anything but a football stadium. Anyway, maybe after this season we will have a new proposal. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!