Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

DB has talented kids but their coaching is the key. Graham has ben there enough years to establish a program that produces simliar results each year. In the past, South has seen very good teams as well. However, it is a smaller school and the coaching staff consistency is not the same as DB.

I would expect DB to make the playoffs each year but not get out of the east bracket unless they have an outstanding player in a skill position.

DB has talented kids but their coaching is the key. Graham has ben there enough years to establish a program that produces simliar results each year. In the past, South has seen very good teams as well. However, it is a smaller school and the coaching staff consistency is not the same as DB.

I would expect DB to make the playoffs each year but not get out of the east bracket unless they have an outstanding player in a skill position.

Simliar results....... you don't have to rub it in.

"outstanding player in a skill position" Do you mean players like Chris Sensabaugh or maybe Devon Swafford? I could name 10 others just off the top of my head, but you get the picture.

Simliar results....... you don't have to rub it in.

"outstanding player in a skill position" Do you mean players like Chris Sensabaugh or maybe Devon Swafford? I could name 10 others just off the top of my head, but you get the picture.

My point is that DB is a perennial power in their district and a strong competitor in the region. That is not a bad thing to be.

To move beyond that, you have to have exceptional players at the skill positions. The players you mentioned might be good but I was thinking more like Ralph King, Travis Stephens, Santonio Beard, or Randall Cobb.

My point is that DB is a perennial power in their district and a strong competitor in the region. That is not a bad thing to be.

To move beyond that, you have to have exceptional players at the skill positions. The players you mentioned might be good but I was thinking more like Ralph King, Travis Stephens, Santonio Beard, or Randall Cobb.

Oh, your talking about NFL type players......like Mike Dulaney(Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers) Patrick Ghee(Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins) Daniel Kilgore(San Francisco 49ers) or Gerald Sensabaugh(Jacksonville Jaguars, Dallas Cowboys). Maybe im off base a little but I think you gotta' be exceptional to play in the NFL.

DB has had it's share of great players.I would love to play past the early rounds and take a shot at Maryville every year.All-State players for Bearden and Sevier county have done their share in keeping that from happening for the past two years and DB has done plenty on it's own for several years not to advance.The problem is not that DB doesn't have fine players and coaches,other teams have them as well.Last year DB had an All-State player and some of the best players at many positions that you will see in this area.Maryville had an All-American player and about six more All-State players,plus some great players to go with them.They are loaded every year and have had some great teams going back past the coaching staff that is is place now.It is going to take a special year with a whole lot of very good players to not only beat Maryville,but the very talented teams in the rest of Tennessee.

DB has had it's share of great players.I would love to play past the early rounds and take a shot at Maryville every year.All-State players for Bearden and Sevier county have done their share in keeping that from happening for the past two years and DB has done plenty on it's own for several years not to advance.The problem is not that DB doesn't have fine players and coaches,other teams have them as well.Last year DB had an All-State player and some of the best players at many positions that you will see in this area.Maryville had an All-American player and about six more All-State players,plus some great players to go with them.They are loaded every year and have had some great teams going back past the coaching staff that is is place now.It is going to take a special year with a whole lot of very good players to not only beat Maryville,but the very talented teams in the rest of Tennessee.

Upper deck will get tribe over the hump.

They have the presentation up. From what I see it looks like they are rushing into it. I feel they should take their time and make something that creates prides and if those sketches are what they want I don't think that creates much pride.

http://www.k12k.com/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/940474/File/BOE%20Planning%20Documents/J%20Fred%20Johnson%20Upgrade%20Presentation%202-16-2012.pdf?sessionid=8fc87bd92c1f00840ea8eb31a72f142d

They have the presentation up. From what I see it looks like they are rushing into it. I feel they should take their time and make something that creates prides and if those sketches are what they want I don't think that creates much pride.

http://www.k12k.com/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/940474/File/BOE%20Planning%20Documents/J%20Fred%20Johnson%20Upgrade%20Presentation%202-16-2012.pdf?sessionid=8fc87bd92c1f00840ea8eb31a72f142d

If someone said," Batman ",we have to spend 3 to 4 million dollars at DB and you pick how to do it.The first thing I would do is build a " cross over walk bridge" behind and in front of the school so not one more kid would ever get hit crossing the street for school or to play sports .If there was anything left,I'd put it toward scholarships that would be given to students for academic and athletic achievement.If they said it had to be spent mostly at J fred,I'd do this.Switch where the baseball and softball teams play.Put the visitor bleachers over at the new baseball field and build a brand new home side stands with bathrooms, pressbox,dessing rooms and the sun at our backs.Give the old home side to open seating for the people that can't pay a hundred or more dollars for one five game season pass.

If someone said," Batman ",we have to spend 3 to 4 million dollars at DB and you pick how to do it.The first thing I would do is build a " cross over walk bridge" behind and in front of the school so not one more kid would ever get hit crossing the street for school or to play sports .If there was anything left,I'd put it toward scholarships that would be given to students for academic and athletic achievement.If they said it had to be spent mostly at J fred,I'd do this.Switch where the baseball and softball teams play.Put the visitor bleachers over at the new baseball field and build a brand new home side stands with bathrooms, pressbox,dessing rooms and the sun at our backs.Give the old home side to open seating for the people that can't pay a hundred or more dollars for one five game season pass.

Hmmm, the J Fred idea isn't bad actually. Makes too much sense though Dark Knight. Whatever they do will be extravagent (sp?) like the wonderful million dollar parking lot redo. Such poor decesions. No bang for the buck. I also wonder when the city eventially annexes Colonial Heights all together and Sullivan South becomes a city school, if the city will all of a sudden throw on the spending brakes. I dont have a horse in either schools' race, but for some reason I get the feeling the city wants to spend all it can for the model high school before those county cousins become the red-headed stepchild high school. Sorry Rebs, you'll just have to do wit whatcha got. ;) Just a feeling. Only time will tell I guess.

• 3 months later...