Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

DB Indians go to Morristown later this week for a 7 on 7 Passing Camp. Not sure on what other teams will be there yet. DB has hosted one of these camps for the last few years but I dont think they will this year. The Indians should be very strong in this type of competition with Sr. QB Chris Cook, Sr. WR Malik Foreman, Sr. TB Devon Swafford and a host of other good backs.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well, I admire you for one thing. You refuse to throw him under the bus...even though everyone knows that is the common consersus. And yes, it shoud be another banner year...not a first round bail. However, I disagree about the Quarles thing. Quarles, Rankin, etc...these guys differ in one aspect from say...a Stacy Carter. Stacy Carter, as evidenced by his playoff decisions historically compiled at Sullivan South and to be seen at Science Hill, does not play to win. But instead, plays to teach the principle, "Death Before Dishonor". Scoff if you will but it is the gospel. On the other hand, the Quarles' of the world play no holds barred with a single-minded purpose...win at all costs. So as parents, fans, supporters...must understand this and decide if the lesson being taught is the point and support it as the ultimate goal. In my opinion, this is, as I have come to understand from experience, that ruthlessness prevails until perseverence is tested to the point of devastation and then when the power of perseverence is proven...victory is achieved. This is why Southers believed in Stacy Carter. Its called principle. Can the Indians call their strife perseverence? ...A question not for discussion from a Souther on a Tribal board. I can merely say one thing...your troops have never given up the fight. A reflection on the elders. I admire you people for this much. But I feel the common consensus is that it has come to the edge of the cliff. Victory or.... I wish you the best. From one who learved this mentality the hard way. The best to the Tribe from the Rebel faithful. REBEL NATION.

So are you saying that G.Q. is simply win at all costs , no matter what you have to do and that there is no principle in it no life lessons or examples of character?

I've heard the Greene Devils are coming to J Fred on tuesday the 7th of August for a 6:00 scrimmage.Unless I hear different,that's one I've got to see.I have not talked to my brother to see how Greeneville is looking,but as I always tell the DB players,they had better be ready for a hard hitting day with these guys.

I've heard the Greene Devils are coming to J Fred on tuesday the 7th of August for a 6:00 scrimmage.Unless I hear different,that's one I've got to see.I have not talked to my brother to see how Greeneville is looking,but as I always tell the DB players,they had better be ready for a hard hitting day with these guys.

My guess is the Indians will absolutely steam roll the Green Devils. Thanks fror the update Batman, I will mark my calendar and spread the news.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well, I admire you for one thing. You refuse to throw him under the bus...even though everyone knows that is the common consersus. And yes, it shoud be another banner year...not a first round bail. However, I disagree about the Quarles thing. Quarles, Rankin, etc...these guys differ in one aspect from say...a Stacy Carter. Stacy Carter, as evidenced by his playoff decisions historically compiled at Sullivan South and to be seen at Science Hill, does not play to win. But instead, plays to teach the principle, "Death Before Dishonor". Scoff if you will but it is the gospel. On the other hand, the Quarles' of the world play no holds barred with a single-minded purpose...win at all costs. So as parents, fans, supporters...must understand this and decide if the lesson being taught is the point and support it as the ultimate goal. In my opinion, this is, as I have come to understand from experience, that ruthlessness prevails until perseverence is tested to the point of devastation and then when the power of perseverence is proven...victory is achieved. This is why Southers believed in Stacy Carter. Its called principle. Can the Indians call their strife perseverence? ...A question not for discussion from a Souther on a Tribal board. I can merely say one thing...your troops have never given up the fight. A reflection on the elders. I admire you people for this much. But I feel the common consensus is that it has come to the edge of the cliff. Victory or.... I wish you the best. From one who learved this mentality the hard way. The best to the Tribe from the Rebel faithful. REBEL NATION.

As misguided as a post can get by a poster obviously not very intimate with the Maryville program.

As misguided as a post can get by a poster obviously not very intimate with the Maryville program.

Plumb(er), I thought the same thing when I first read it, but after reading it again he might have meant playing to win by pulling out all the stops. Not selling out to win, but I'll let him clarify.ph34r.png

Plumb(er), I thought the same thing when I first read it, but after reading it again he might have meant playing to win by pulling out all the stops. Not selling out to win, but I'll let him clarify.ph34r.png

OK, give the poster the benefit of a doubt. I have no misgivings about the integrity of the Maryville program.

DB wldnt know anything about winning a state championship on the field.

All that matters is that they were crowned the champion. It does not matter what you or anyone else thinks about how it use to be done. Sounds like your still jealous of what we have.Tradition and dedication to be the best. After all, WE ARE D.B.!!!!!!!